Hunter, lvl 19 Twink.

Hello dear MMO-Champions!

I decided a few weeks ago, that I wanted to try twinking, since I've never done that before. I chose a Hunter, since I heard a lot about how evil they are etc. etc., but I can't really find any good guides for gear, pets, spec etc. (tried wow-europe, mmo-c and ofc Google). They're all outdated or pretty lame.

So, does anyone have a good guide, or just any tips and tricks?

Thanks in advance,

Mundkurv.

It's not really as hard becoming a twink now as it used to, heirloom beats out all other gear I believe, for pets I reckon it's just a spoider if not a monkey for le scatter.. then just oneshot stuff with aimed..

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^^^^ Pretty much what he said, BoA lewts is pretty much all you need. As far as the things you can't get a BoA for i would run instances for the goodie bag for some nice random enchant items =). Or could try going to thotbot.com and search gear that way. I believe you can search gear there by lvl and even stats =D.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicolatino View Post
    ^^^^ Pretty much what he said, BoA lewts is pretty much all you need. As far as the things you can't get a BoA for i would run instances for the goodie bag for some nice random enchant items =). Or could try going to wowhead.com and search gear that way. I believe you can search gear there by lvl and even stats =D.
    Fixed that for you.

Deleted
    Tips and tricks? Sure I'll throw out what I got.

Full Heirloom gear is required, even the ring if you're sly and fast enough to get your hands on it.
    I believe you can get +2 damage scope on the Heirloom bow.
    Get the 2 Heirloom daggers with agility and enchant them with 15 agility.
    3 stats on chest, in some cases you can get 4 stats if you're lucky to find an enchanter with the recipe.
    Get the heirloom resilience shoulders (and chest, can't remember if there's a chest or if it's another piece).
    Can't remember if you can get the honour enchant on the shoulders (30 stamina and 20 resilience) or if it still has a level 70 requirement.

Talent-wise, this is what I would use, since you're gonna be oneshotting people quite often - http://www.wowhead.com/talent#cZcbz
    Get a spider as a pet, 5 seconds immobilize is awesome at low levels.
    Oh and if you're not going human, make sure you get the heirloom pvp trinket aswell. I believe you can get all the honour heirloom from Wintergrasp vendors. Don't know if they moved it over to the honour heirloom vendor yet, but if not I'm sure you can find it in Wintergrasp.

That's my 5 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundkurv View Post
    Hello dear MMO-Champions!

I decided a few weeks ago, that I wanted to try twinking, since I've never done that before. I chose a Hunter, since I heard a lot about how evil they are etc. etc., but I can't really find any good guides for gear, pets, spec etc. (tried wow-europe, mmo-c and ofc Google). They're all outdated or pretty lame.

So, does anyone have a good guide, or just any tips and tricks?

Thanks in advance,

Mundkurv.
    I too just started a 19 hunter at the prodding of a friend, so I'll share what I know. There are quite a few inaccurate information in the previous posts.

I assume you're going to go into off-xp, so you'll likely to fighting skilled and geared twinks too. If you aren't interested in off-xp, then why are you even twinking?

You first want to decide what role you will be playing. Do you want to be a defensive FC defender? Or do you want to be the one to put pressure on their team and return flags? This decision will determine your gear set (you can even keep two sets if you like - many twinks do that!).

For defensive play, prioritize gear with stamina/agi on them. If you can get your hands on resilience heirloom, all the better. For offensive play, you want to prioritize crit/agility. That goes the same for enchants. You may decide to use +100 health to chest for defensive play, and +4 stats for offensive play.

Look up wowhead. They have a very comprehensive gear search that you can filter (usable by level 19 hunters, etc). Build a custom profile (that is, make a new character on wowhead and fit him with the gear you want to get) before you start making your toon.

The best cloak and belt you can get are from LFD. You want "of the Bandit" ones. The LFD cloak beats the heirloom cloak. As for weapons, since we are 19, we cannot dual wield, so our best option is a 2H that we can then enchant with [Enchant 2H - Major Agility]. For defensive play, the best weapon if you have access to heirloom is surprisingly the [Grand Staff of Jordan]. The spellpower is a wasted stat, but you are really going for the stamina, the hit and the resilience. For offensive play, something like [Rockslicer] or [Impaling Harpoon] is best. Adjust based on what you have, for instance, if you can't get heirlooms, then use Rockslicer for offensive play and Impaling Harpoon for defensive play.

For specs, Survival and Beast Mastery are what are popular. For Beast Mastery, you are really going for [Intimidation]. For Survival, it's [Explosive Shot] and the cooldown reduction on Disengage (extra stamina is sweet too). I'm not too sure about Marksmanship, Aimed Shot hits really hard but you're going to be up against skilled players too, so depending on situation, you may never have the 2.4s you need to stand still. Definitely worth a try though, you may like it.

For pets, any pet will do. Pets now gain their special abilities at level 20, so no more webbing or bat stuns anymore. All pets will just have Growl and their Basic Attack at level 19. Get a monkey if you want to annoy the hell out of the opposing faction and maybe demoralize them. >.>

[Arena Grand Master] is considered mandatory, so make sure you get help in getting that.

Professions-wise, there are a few you can choose. 225 Skinning gives 3% crit (huge!). 225 Herbalism gives haste for when you need the focus regeneration to burst that FC down. Engineering has bombs, or the stamina headpiece if you have no access to heirloom. Mining for extra stamina.

For races, it's not a -huge- deal, but if you don't mind faction or looks and just want to maximize your performance, the following are good choices.

Blood Elf - Silence and free focus, and arcane resistance for resisting polymorphs.
    Draenei - 1% hit, Shadow resistance for resisting fear and psychic scream, very popular CCs.
    Worgen - 1% crit, sprinting to re-position yourself.
    Goblin - 1% haste for faster focus regen, rocket boots to re-position yourself.
    Human - 2min trinket (while everyone else has 5min).

The others do not have significant bonuses.

Make sure you cap hit. You want 10 hit rating to cap hit. This is very important. Make sure to look for gear with hit on them.

Hope this helps.

^^^ This is all very good info. Only thing I would add is even the races not listed above have their benefits:

Orcs - 5% extra pet damage and extra attack power on a medium cooldown
    Trolls - Quicker health regeneration and extra haste on a medium cooldown (usuful if you find yourself needing to fire off several steady shots)
    Forsaken - excellent anti CC racial cooldown
    Tauren - Extra stamina, resistance to nature damage (which includes rogues' poisons) and the stomp, which can actually save your life if you find yourself with a melee class on your ass and no escape CD's left
    Dwarves - stoneform clears poisons, extra 1% crit if you're using the heirloom gun (or any gun), and frost resist to help against those pesky mages.

Also don't forget that Draenei have that self heal. That and not having to stack as much hit makes them my fave Alliance side. Horde side it's a toss-up though my last low end hunter was a Tauren.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget the Worgen sprint, and the almighty Goblin Ultimate Escape Racial Of Sexy Win.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)