Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Resto feels too good. Nerfs inc?

Heya forumers.
    I've been raiding 10s on an alt resto druid of mine, and the ease of healing + the sheer power of multi-HoTs rolling on the raid is so good, it's scary at times. Then I looked at WoLs - and druids show to be the most powerful healers when there's a strong raid damage (that's almost any encounter nowadays). Resto shamans or priests might be slightly stronger when it comes to healing big, spiky tank damage (GHW and GH), but that does not happen nearly as often as unavoidable raid aoe.

Don't you guys think that resto druids are the strongest and the most well-rounded healers at the moment? I am afraid that this may come to devs' attention and they might either buff other healers or (more likely) nerf us?

Blizzard are aware that druid's are one of the strongest raid healers, and it's pretty obvious why, every other healer has a CD which mitigates damage, our CD heals the raid for 500k or more. Especially in 10 mans druids are strong where they can hot everyone, we won't get nerfed.

Meters dont mean much, if theres heavy raid damage a druid won't be much good without a holy priest or a shaman to back him up.
    Last edited by Mudkiper; 2011-07-05 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    please do... I miss seeing my pink name at top of recount... nerf the orange down to the ground!

Yet, they are probably the worst in pvp now. So yes, expect changes. Probably buffs to single target healing and nerfs to WG and rejuv.

every other healer brings some kind of damage reduction cd's, like spirit link totem, aura mastery, pw:b ... while druids bring hps, pure.. raw.. hps. and thats it ... blizzard just wants druids to be able to heal more then rest of the healers, coz its all they got right now, no cd's, no cool utility, just hps.
    BETA CLUB

Shammies - Spirit Link
    Disc. - Barrier
    Pallies- Aura Mastery

These are all HUGE and not recorded in meters. Neither is the advantages in healing style each bring for spike damage, tank healing, etc.. but you did mention that.

The only healer with a valid complaint, might be Holy Priests, as they are the other "throughput healer", but then they also have GS as well... which is a critical tool druids have always wished for.

Anyway, I think Blizzard has been pretty upfront lately about druids. Our healing style (slow, steady and widespread) combined with our lack of mitigation cd's pretty much requires us to tear up the meters to be competitive/comparable. Before we had any buffs and were only 2-3 in HPS, we were passed over for other classes. Even with the buff to tranq., it is still at the bottom of the cd's a raid will go too IME.

TL/DR: When all you got is HPS, you better be the king of it.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2011-07-05 at 06:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Blizzard are aware that druid's are one of the strongest raid healers, and it's pretty obvious why, every other healer has a CD which mitigates damage, our CD heals the raid for 500k or more. Especially in 10 mans druids are strong where they can hot everyone, we won't get nerfed.

Meters dont mean much, if theres heavy raid damage a druid won't be much good without a holy priest or a shaman to back him up.
    This exactly. Druids buffer meters. It's our job, and it's a fine job. But since it doesn't look like we're getting a defensive CD, our healing needs to be above others.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    every other healer brings some kind of damage reduction cd's, like spirit link totem, aura mastery, pw:b ... while druids bring hps, pure.. raw.. hps. and thats it ... blizzard just wants druids to be able to heal more then rest of the healers, coz its all they got right now, no cd's, no cool utility, just hps.
    Spirit link totem sucks balls for its dmg reduction the range is rubbish

Druids are so OP you can use 2 massive raid heals(2x tranqs) you have combat rez wild growth is the most faceroll overpowered heal ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone who has healing rain shouldn't call WG op.

Guilds took shaman to world 1sts to stand there and HR and dps on the side and to drop mt while druids were sat.

And yeah, shaman's CD is pretty terrible. Their healing needs to be buffed above priests and pallys if they aren't going to get a worthwhile CD. SLT is ok, it's useful in situations and is still a defensive CD, just not even close to pally and priests.

Thanks for the good points guys. Utility isn't missing for resto druids I think. We're the most likely casters of Battle Ress, and Tranquility is a unique CD, extremely potent after the raid took unplanned damage (think Cho'Gall's shadow elemental not being DPSed because all the best interrupters got MCd).

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    Spirit link totem sucks balls for its dmg reduction the range is rubbish
    I wouldn't go that far. That's the only tool to equalize HP among players with MS effect on them. It's not a simple healing cooldown, can't compare it to others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tranq is not a defensive CD. It's a healing CD. And BR is given by all druids, all dks, all warlocks.

Blizzard buffed tranq to amazingness because they had to make up for us not having a defensive CD. Hopefully it + our healing is enough to get us not sat for HMs. It wasn't in T11 but we're in a better place.

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes SLT so rubbish is the small radius (10 yards) coupled with the long CD (3m). Buff it up to a 20 yard radius 2m cd ability, and you're good to go.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ademptio View Post
    please do... I miss seeing my pink name at top of recount... nerf the orange down to the ground!
    This is a stupid statement. If you have druids in your raid, you would trade raid's best interests for your epeen?

Quote Originally Posted by Daviddishere View Post
    Yet, they are probably the worst in pvp now. So yes, expect changes. Probably buffs to single target healing and nerfs to WG and rejuv.
    worst in pvp right now??? im actually feel very solid on my druid even more now in 4.2 and its quite enjoyable fuck that lol

i think we are nicely balanced....

Every class will get buffs and nerfs on each patch, so dont worry we will be nerfed

Our healing is strong from meters point of view, which means nothing, you can get to the top of the meters but not really contribute in any way towards the downing of a boss. If you are a good healer you shouldn't particularly care about meters, they are good thing to have so you can analyze things but beyond that people get a bit too obsessed with them.

15+ Year Old Account
    1- Tranquility is amazing. Probably a big part of the spoken gap comes from this one. Using it twice a fight makes huge difference.
    2- Druid heals are slow. They mostly shine when there is too much raid damage but when there are spikes that needs to be healed fast they fall behind.
    3- Add the damage other healers reduce to the equation and numbers will be close. I'm talking about "Power Word Barrier", 10% damage reduction from priests and shamans, "Pain Suppression", "Aura Mastery". Basically others reduce damage taken, druids heal it.
    4- Druid lacks a good CD for emergency. Hell I see more druids dropping NS every day.
    Last edited by Deleo; 2011-07-06 at 06:22 AM.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

15+ Year Old Account
    i healed on pally since the 4.2 patch and i also saw an increase in my healing, high WoG crits and and such. so maybe more healers are awsome now, btw i still think restoO druids should have the ability to cast barksin on a target other then self
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Resto healing currently feels very right, however, we do have too much mana. That's party because I use Innervate on myself now instead of giving it to our priest, but our regen is too high in general.

I am currently wearing 8 pieces with spirit, and 7 pieces without (though mostly reforged to spirit), and I never get into any trouble mana-wise. On Staghelm (10 man) I did 20k while even holding back a little, never in danger of ooming (WoL). And that's only in 366 gear, I can't imagine how it would be in 378 or even 391.

So yes, I can see a nerf in regen incoming.

Deleted
    We've always been pro at AoE healing. That's why I love it <3
    Basically druids are like THE best base-healer. By that I mean: druid keeps everyone alive with his HoTs, the other classes top them to full health.