Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glutamine is worthless for BB, it's decent for digestion & other health issues. Like I mentioned protein isn't necessary. Waxy maize as well, any carb source will be fine pre-wo.

Multi
    Fish Oil
    Creatine
    Beta-Alanine(this is a toss up, but apparently it's the "2nd coming" of creatine. But myself & other people are enjoying the benefits of it.)
    Whey(if you can't get enough protein from your diet).

That's it for staples.
    Last edited by Shik Valentine; 2011-07-07 at 12:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    If you're cutting, don't bother with protein shakes. But if you want to build muscle, you want to ideally intake 1g of protein per pound of body weight. That's when you need to take supplements.
    Your wrong mate. Protein levels doesn't matter whether your bulking, or cutting. I think you may be getting protein and calories mixed together, because if your cutting, you need to remove 500 calories from your diet. You need a specific amount of protein to rebuild muscle, and retain musclemass. For an average person, that is not working out, the protein amount is : 1.0-1.2g of protein per kilo of bodyweight. But if your working out, that rises to 1.8-2.2 protein per kilo of your bodyweight.

Only "suplement" that really works is steroids, rest are a bunch of marketing BS.

I am a fan chocolate milk to aid recovery as soon as you finish exercising.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikomei_TFC View Post
    -Also helps retain muscle mass(which is essential in cutting[losing weight])
    -like you mentioned it also increases strength
    -source of energy
    -bloating is temporary, it's usually people that "load" it. Not necessary.
    -endurance
    -fuller muscles
    -water is drawn into the muscles, not where you might think it does.

Only things I can think of off the top of my head atm....

That anabolic window, it doesn't exist(it's all marketing by supp companies). YOU DON'T NEED whey, as long as you're getting enough from your diet, it's not needed at all.

Bloating isn't related to the loading phase that only takes a couple of days (which, yes, has been proven to be unecessary), it is to water retention in muscles though and the nusproduct called creatinine. The same water retention gives some sort of illusion of retaining muscle mass, but would you prefer your muscles look natural and firm, or pumped and soft?
    Creatine isn't a source of energy, first time I hear of that.
    Oh and that anabolic window sure exists, and it actually takes 24-36 hours, but it achieves its peak 30-45 minutes after lifting. Next thing you're going to say is that food, or proteins are totally irrelevant to building muscle?

On a last note, you seem to be recommending creatine rather than some whey. For decades supplement priority has been something like this

whey - bulking or definition, doesn't matter (avoid mass gainers even on bulking, too much of low quality sugars), multivitamins, omega3

definition: BCAA + EAA amino acids > fat burners
    mass: creatine > glutamine (low amount of it is nice for immunity and health, 20 grams and more is good for mass) > NO reactors

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttfear View Post
    Only "suplement" that really works is steroids, rest are a bunch of marketing BS.

The rest of the supplements like protein isn't BS, look at the word "supplement". It isn't going to work like a miracle if your current diet sucks ass. It is however going to work if you have a healthy diet but aren't getting enough protein.
    Last edited by mmoc91a8dbad84; 2011-07-07 at 12:03 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailien View Post
    Bloating isn't related to the loading phase that only takes a couple of days (which, yes, has been proven to be unecessary), it is to water retention in muscles though and the nusproduct called creatinine. The same water retention gives some sort of illusion of retaining muscle mass, but would you prefer your muscles look natural and firm, or pumped and soft?
    Creatine isn't a source of energy, first time I hear of that.
    Oh and that anabolic window sure exists, and it actually takes 24-36 hours, but it achieves its peak 30-45 minutes after lifting. Next thing you're going to say is that food, or proteins are totally irrelevant to building muscle?

On a last note, you seem to be recommending creatine rather than some whey. For decades supplement priority has been something like this

whey - bulking or definition, doesn't matter (avoid mass gainers even on bulking, too much of low quality sugars), multivitamins, omega3

definition: BCAA + EAA amino acids > fat burners
    mass: creatine > glutamine (low amount of it is nice for immunity and health, 20 grams and more is good for mass) > NO reactors[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    I recently read an article by Layne Norton stating that creatine is used as energy. Let me look it up for you later. Yeah, the anabolic window does exist. Should of stated that(but it's still irrelevant, that's why I left it out), people hype it up as if you don't have your shake/recovery drink you will lose your gains, that's the point I'm trying to get across. Nope, never was going to state food is irrelevant, it's the timing that is irrelevant. You can go for 72 hours of not eating until your body starts using your muscles as a source of energy. Not that I suggest it, just trying to make a point.

Food > whey for bulking. Like I said whey isn't necessary at all.
    BCAAs are really only necessary while one is cutting or while fasted training. Even without them, you'll do just fine.
    Creatine can be used for both bulking/cutting.
    Non stim fat burners can also be used for bulking(Lean Xtreme, Reduce XT, Dicana, DCP[Damage Control Protocol]). To keep fat gains to a minimum while bulking.

If you're going to put them in order, which is personal preference anyways.....That's just my opinion on how I'd prioritize my staples.

Fish Oil > Multi > Creatine > Beta Alanine >>>>>>>>> Whey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Glutamine

---------- Post added 2011-07-07 at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buttfear View Post

Creatine has had studies to back it up as actually working, look it up.

---------- Post added 2011-07-07 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Your wrong mate. Protein levels doesn't matter whether your bulking, or cutting. I think you may be getting protein and calories mixed together, because if your cutting, you need to remove 500 calories from your diet. You need a specific amount of protein to rebuild muscle, and retain musclemass. For an average person, that is not working out, the protein amount is : 1.0-1.2g of protein per kilo of bodyweight. But if your working out, that rises to 1.8-2.2 protein per kilo of your bodyweight.

1-1.5 grams of protein per lbm. Ok, you state that protein levels don't matter. Yet you state a requirement for how much protein a person needs to consume?

disregard supps, aquire dbol/clen.

your set buddy.

Suplements for bodybuiding are not necasary.
    I have being a natural bodybuilder for some time now and everything
    ur gonna get out of those sups can be taken out of foods to.
    I only drink proteinshakes once in a while because their are these days
    where i cant find time or courage to eat 6 meals.

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 11:47 AM ----------

a other thing about bodybuilding considering ur age.
    People between 16-25ish have extreme good results because
    they are working on their musclemass while it is still growing of its own.
    If u wonna get ripped, start now! =)

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shikomei_TFC View Post
    Glutamine is worthless for BB, it's decent for digestion & other health issues. Like I mentioned protein isn't necessary. Waxy maize as well, any carb source will be fine pre-wo.

Multi
    Fish Oil
    Creatine
    Beta-Alanine(this is a toss up, but apparently it's the "2nd coming" of creatine. But myself & other people are enjoying the benefits of it.)
    Whey(if you can't get enough protein from your diet).

That's it for staples.
    Why issent Protein important while bodybuilding? I dont understand what ur trying to say but I know for a fact that
    Ill get more mass from the protein intake 3_5days after a specific muscle workout, then the actual workout it self.
    Lifting weights is not gonna gain u mass, its gonna make u stronger and ull get more endurance. Protein intake for
    mgrowth is key to bb.

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 12:00 PM ----------

I workout 6 days a week, saterday being advance abs workout*
    I'm a ectomorph, have a bench curlbar dumbells etc at home.
    More people should work out at home since most people quit cause they are to lazy
    to hit the gym. Me personaly i prefer homeworkouts cause that allows me to scream harder lol.
    Meaning i know ill have a better workout. I was so skinny A big year ago that wind could blow me
    over. Things have changed extreme for me after workouts and diett. What i want to let ppl know who want
    to start BB. Please understand that ull be putting 300houres in foodmanagment for every 80-100houres u work out.
    Dedication is key. My journey started here btw, Scoobysworkshop.com
    I added 8kg of muscle as a extomorp in less then a year. For ppl who have a little knowledge ull
    know that thats a insane amount of pure musclegain. So yes this site will help out anyone who has no idea where to start.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never said Protein isn't necessary. I clearly stated "protein shakes/powders" aren't necessary, also meal timing is irrelevant.

Deleted
    Don't start with that shit I got ripped without ANY supplements. If you take supplements you have a chance to get diseases if you use it long term. It does take a lot longer to build muscle but it's worth it, if you keep training without you will get lean muscle, unless you wanna become like one of those Jersey Shore guys don't take them.

And it will save you a lot of money to!

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix-187 View Post
    Suplements for bodybuiding are not necasary.
    I have being a natural bodybuilder for some time now and everything
    ur gonna get out of those sups can be taken out of foods to.
    I only drink proteinshakes once in a while because their are these days
    where i cant find time or courage to eat 6 meals.

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 11:47 AM ----------

a other thing about bodybuilding considering ur age.
    People between 16-25ish have extreme good results because
    they are working on their musclemass while it is still growing of its own.
    If u wonna get ripped, start now! =)

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 11:54 AM ----------

Why issent Protein important while bodybuilding? I dont understand what ur trying to say but I know for a fact that
    Ill get more mass from the protein intake 3_5days after a specific muscle workout, then the actual workout it self.
    Lifting weights is not gonna gain u mass, its gonna make u stronger and ull get more endurance. Protein intake for
    mgrowth is key to bb.

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 12:00 PM ----------

I workout 6 days a week, saterday being advance abs workout*
    I'm a ectomorph, have a bench curlbar dumbells etc at home.
    More people should work out at home since most people quit cause they are to lazy
    to hit the gym. Me personaly i prefer homeworkouts cause that allows me to scream harder lol.
    Meaning i know ill have a better workout. I was so skinny A big year ago that wind could blow me
    over. Things have changed extreme for me after workouts and diett. What i want to let ppl know who want
    to start BB. Please understand that ull be putting 300houres in foodmanagment for every 80-100houres u work out.
    Dedication is key. My journey started here btw, Scoobysworkshop.com
    I added 8kg of muscle as a extomorp in less then a year. For ppl who have a little knowledge ull
    know that thats a insane amount of pure musclegain. So yes this site will help out anyone who has no idea where to start.
    Kids, this is why we say it is important to stay in school.

I will burn your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibento View Post
    If you take supplements you have a chance to get diseases if you use it long term.
    The only "supplements" that can or will fuck you up is steroids, haven't heard of anyone dying from taking whey or creatine or something.

Sure you don't need them if you plan your diet and time your meals, eating after a training session is the same thing as downing a protein shake. I could give up on all my supplements if I wanted to, I have my reasons on taking them. The only thing that I would not ever give up is my post workout drink.