Above 4k honor cap - bug?

So I noticed that I'm on 9678/4000 in red in my currency tab. I didn't farm any extra honor, it was like this when I logged in since 4.2 was released.

Wasn't the excess honor supposed to have been converted to money? Not that I'm complaining, but it this intended? Anyone got any similar experiences of going over the cap?

Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

"During maintenance the change that was intended to be applied for the start of Season 10 next week, which was to cap Honor Points at 4000 and convert any points above the cap to gold, was inadvertently applied early. This means that everyone who would have down-converted Conquest to Honor over the 4000 cap had those additional points converted to gold at a rate of 35 silver per point and sent to them via in-game mail.

We’re still researching what steps led to the error, but unfortunately due to the nature of the currency conversion that took place, we’ll be unable to reverse the change, remove the delivered gold, or reinstate the surplus Honor Points.

We apologize greatly for this error."

Oh, that sucks.

I have 4100, never had more than 4k before 4.2, and didn't run a single bg or arena since cata.

Oh I forgot, I traded VP for CP, and this probably were the remaining points.

Deleted
    Stupid bug. Was expecting to get some gold at the patch day and then HEY JUST KIDDING, here, have 42700 honor because we like you!

fml.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Stupid bug. Was expecting to get some gold at the patch day and then HEY JUST KIDDING, here, have 42700 honor because we like you!

fml.
    Is that guy an enchanter?

Could buy the honor wand for 700 honor and DE it unless they fixed that, you'd still get like 10k.

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they already convert anything over the cap to gold on US servers by accident at the end of S9 (last week)?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Didn't they already convert anything over the cap to gold on US servers by accident at the end of S9 (last week)?
    Apparently not for everybody. o-o Some people may have had it work as intended and it glitch for the majority?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    ...maybe the op is not on a us server?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Wasn't the excess honor supposed to have been converted to money?
    Not that I'm complaining, but it this intended?
    4.2 hits : all conquest turns to honor, you get to keep honor over the cap but not earn anymore
    s10 hits : all honor over the 4k cap will be turned into gold

so yes, it is intended

I had 14000 honor and i used all to buy greater celestial essence to sell on ah since i have had full epic for months ago. God damn i wish i had that honor now lol