Item Collection History

As a WoW player, I was always into collecting the various Items in WoW and loved knowing, I've at least obtained that item at one time. Has anyone who builds addons considered creating a addon that would show a collection History of everything you obtained. For Example have every single Weapon in game on a list, greyed out, and when looted, a notification is displayed and the name is lighted up, signifying you've had that item at one time. To me it would be another fun thing to do in WoW to have collected every item of the game from Random gray trash items, linen, to legendary items. It could fit in around a idea such as Achievements. Seperated into catagories, class specific, item types, quality, ect ect...

I feel such database of items would be difficult to achieve, but not to entirly hard, considering the people who run this site, do tons of data mining finding all the various new things to come, or current in game items.

Merely an idea, i've thought about in my head, wanted to hear others opinions.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The question is, what to do with items that have "Random Enchantments" - like it's got "Polo Mallet of the BEar", "Polo Mallet of the Whale", etc. Do you treat each as a separate item, or do you just look for the base item, "Polo Mallet", instead?

Deleted
    Would only be feasible with the base item. Blizzard doesn't give you a list of which random suffixes are possible for which item.

Anyways - maybe. I'll get the framework done with first, then move on to the item lists. Which are going to be such a huge pain in the butt you can't even imagine it.

---------- Post added 2011-07-06 at 10:16 PM ----------

Call me bored or whatever. FirstLootEver @ wowace.com.

Achievement tracking is done - integrated into the default achievement UI. Haven't bothered adding any "real" achievements yet. Only one, for testing. You should find it pretty easy to get.
    Item tracking is done - only a simple chat output for the time being

Next thing to do is the "view item list" frame thing. Gonna take a look at it tomorrow-ish.

Treeston, I'm impressed you've taken the idea up, I look forward to seeing the progress. And Good Luck, you could turn this addon into another very sucessful ingame addition

I actually just went and tested out what you have so far. Its basically what I've imagined Notification letting you know, You looted the item for first time. Then Achievement to go with it. So far, great!

Next really as you said the item lists them selves. So far its really great, I can only imagine how hard compiling the lists will be. But I think this addon could really achieve something, in the same term as WoW's current achievement system does, which is very few rewards, but a simple fun thing to accomplish.

ANyways, I look forward to following your progression!
    Last edited by safashton007; 2011-07-06 at 11:39 PM.

Deleted
    Pushed another alpha just now. Added support for progressive achievements. Added three more achievements - would appreciate some testing on those. Added support for progress bars on achievements.

Currently looks like this:

Impressive indeed, on such a short basis. Nice Job

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    looks nice, If i wouldnt have my summer wow break inc from tomorrow I would test!

Deleted
    Added more achievements, squashed some bugs.
    Added a meta-achievement - would appreciate if someone could test it. (The realm my legendary wielders are on doesn't have any characters with blue items and vice versa)

---------- Post added 2011-07-08 at 08:06 PM ----------

Update on this:

Achievement tracking integrated with the default UI. Yes, I'm only doing this to dodge having to start on item lists.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-07-08 at 06:07 PM.

Deleted
    Decided to get off my lazy ass today and finished the item list frame.

Now all that's left to do is write item lists. Lots and lots of item lists.
    And making achievements. I love that part.

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 02:03 PM ----------

Added all armor pieces that have a armor type (no cloaks, trinkets, rings and necks yet). Removed the "Any" buttons from the filter as they're very likely to just nuke the client outright.

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 05:15 PM ----------

More item lists added. All armor and weapons are now known to the addon.

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 05:16 PM ----------

Oh, and the "Any" buttons are back. Just don't tick too many of them at the same time.