Thread: PvP Gemming

PvP Gemming

So I've typically been trying to gem my lock for int and resilience but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I should balance the 2 when it comes to socket bonuses. Last time I seriously was into PvP was early WotLK and it was just max resilience at all costs. Yellow sockets are the ones that tend to throw me the most with what to do with. Thanks for any advice.

Just go for sockets.

red = 40 int
    yellow = 20 int/20 resil
    blue = 20 int / 20 hit or spell pen if not capped for some reason

Unless you have access to some BiS raiding trinket, just use the pvp trinket and the "On Use" spell damage trinket. You should sit around 3600 resil.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with the above expect for blue sockets.. I tend to prefer intel/stam or just straight up 40 intel in blue sockets.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Deleted
    I agree also : you can see that it is what best pvp players do.

Deleted
    I´d say:

Blue: 20int 20hit in all blue
    Red: 40int
    Yellow: 20int 20 haste

Spell pen should be given from cloak.

Im using the pve belt from Avenger of Hjyal rep . And that I have reforge to hit. Rest of my items I have reforged hit/crit/mastery into haste. And Im hit capped , spell pen capped , and I have 3,6k resil. With 7.3k spellpower with Fel Armor.

i only use 2 gems 20 int-20 resil20 int - 30 stam
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    i only use 2 gems 20 int-20 resil20 int - 30 stam

You should really consider putting 40int in red. int is what we benefit most from. And hit>stamina imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    spellpen till cap and hit till cap, normally you should have reached these with gear.

3 ways you can gem.

way 1:
    red: int
    yellow: int+res
    blue: int

way2
    red: int+res
    yellow: res
    blue: res

way 3:
    red: int+haste
    yellow: haste
    blue: haste

people may say it is better to gem stamina+int/res/haste in the blue slot but the 2k extra hp you can from doing this really isnt worth the stats you are giving up for it unless you have a very good socketbonus wich benefits the way you are gemming.

first way is focused around high damage, usually a pve trink is used to you drop to around 3.5k resilience.
    second way is focused around high survival, you can reach around 4.3k resilience this way.
    third way is focused around very fast casts to make it very hard to get interupted in addition to faster ticking dots.

depending on the comp you play you should base your gemming.
    LSD2 for example plays with the first way because the whole spec is based around high dot damage.
    Shadowplay for example plays with the second way because you will high likely get trained for the whole game and thus you require higher survival
    MLS for example plays with the third play because the whole comp is based around chaining cc, you can't chain cc if you have to fakecast 24/7
    Last edited by Nicola; 2011-07-10 at 04:03 PM.