Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Am a male and like sims. the sims 3 was great.

but am not a sims fan that buys them all expansion. i bought night out... (or what is called in English) where you have night clubs and apartment. and ambition, the one where you have more jobs.

but the traveling stuff seems a bit stressful, and Generations seems just the same game only with more stuff. but looking forward to Pets

10+ Year Old Account
    my gf still plays it here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    I've been playing since Hot Date, I don't play a lot anymore. I've bought every EP/game since TS1 and TS3 is kind of shitty. They made it to realistic so it doesn't really have that goofy aspect it use to have. No humor or anything, so it's died out for a lot of people. Still very popular though.
    That's what kills TS3 for me as well, of course besides the overall bugs, EA's lackluster expansions and content, and just how slow the game is (this is probably my computer, though) Maxis is really who added in the goofy humor and the other worldly things (Magic Town anyone? ) Since they left I'm afraid Sims will become more and more realistic with each Sims that comes out, assuming they continue on after TS3.

15+ Year Old Account
    My fiance has and plays SIMS 3. I actually want to get the medieval version, looks pretty cool.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Urbz: Sims in the city on the Gameboy...

/cream

15+ Year Old Account
    I played 2 for awhile and tried the third one.. wasn't really the same. Like someone else said before, I like sim games but not on that level.. I think I'd like it more if you made the families, set their jobs up and built the houses and stuff on a larger scale and building it like a town. Like somewhere between an RTS and a Sims game. Seriously.. how can trying to keep sims happy for hours on end keep people entertained unless they use some kind of cheats..

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    My fiance has and plays SIMS 3. I actually want to get the medieval version, looks pretty cool.
    Its.. meh.. could of been SO much better.

Well, they made caring for your sims needs in 3 a lot easier actually. I personally thought sims 3 was a big upgrade. They got rid of the comfort need bar, you just get a mood bonus if your sim is comfortable. The bars go down quite a lot slower so that you can go do things instead of spend all your time raising needs too. Once you get enough ambition points (through fulfilling wishes like "kiss sim X", "get me a promotion" etc, you can actually get an item that modifies your mood- it will raise low bars to full and erase bad moodlets. It doesn't really feel like a cheat though because you have to put in quite a bit of work to get it, and there's still lots of other stuff to do, especially with all the expansions. Just gives you a lot more time to meet other goals.

One thing is that the game is a little like IRL where its best if you figure a goal then try to meet it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They still shit out expansions like no tomorrow.

My friend gave me The Sims 3 and some of the expansions. It's installed on my PC, but I'm yet to play it. :/
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I liked The Sims back in the day. I miss Maxis.
    Be reasonable. You might be right, you could be wrong, but either way most people won't change their minds if you keep shouting at them.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    I liked The Sims back in the day. I miss Maxis.
    Yep, we could use a new version of SimCity by now too, since SimCity Societies wasn't as well liked compared to the previous SimCity versions.

Sims 2 is my personal favorite of the 3 Sims incarnations out there for PC. Tried Sims 3 but found it lacking. No hot tubs unless you buy the Expansions, really? Not to mention how patching the game is a complete nightmare to do, I think the amount of patches Sims 3 got almost equals the amount of patches WoW got prior to BC. Sims 1 was also pretty neat back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Hello The Sims 6
    The sad thing is, some of the more rabid Sims fans are already wanting Sims 4, and considering Sims 3 has only been out for 2 years...
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2011-09-10 at 11:40 PM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Sims 1 was alright for its time, and the other sims improved I guess over the course, for me it was like this. I did not have a lot of games on the PC at the time, so it was like a fill my bordem with lolz for about 10 minutes. I think as more games have come out and the PC is being used for a lot of other things, and having those farmville type games now, people might over look sims.

Sims 3 still sold millions of copies and it has become the new runescape of gaming. "YOU PLAY SIMS? LOLOLOLOL".

It's just kinda old and people know EA just remove content to put it into expansion packs or having Sims 2 Pets as an expansion and waiting for Sims 3 Pets..."Give me the money" comes to mind. It gets boring fast too. Personally I play it time to time...once a month maybe but I have a long session of it.

I do play it quite frequently, and have been since the first one was released, although on and off I must say. But since ~between 2 and 3 i started collecting every x-pack that was released, and still do.

And oh yeah, I'm a 23 year old Male. My girlfriend also plays it as much as I do.
    "Fame was like a drug. But what was even more like a drug were the drugs."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakisoba View Post
    It's just kinda old and people know EA just remove content to put it into expansion packs or having Sims 2 Pets as an expansion and waiting for Sims 3 Pets...
    In some cases, like this, the fans are also partially to blame. For some reason, some Sims fans are obsessed with wanting various things such as pets (which is why an Expansion for pets was always made), laundry (which is now a feature in Sims 3), teenage pregnancy, murders, illnesses such as cancer, and in the worst case, some fans want rape to be a feature in Sims games.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    I play Sims 3.. Got all the expacks too..Waitin for Oct. 18th. That's when pets' comes out.. Horses n shit this time.. Sims 3 is really popular too.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

I would almost kill for a proper new Simcity, Sims(more like the old one), or RTC and it would even beter if the sims/simcity would be playable on android(tablet's yes plx)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Philenia View Post
    I would almost kill for a proper new Simcity, Sims(more like the old one), or RTC and it would even beter if the sims/simcity would be playable on android(tablet's yes plx)
    Cities XL and the other one, did not live up to any of it's hype.. Simcity 4 still kicked it's ass and it's been out since '04.. Which I still play every now and then.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    Building houses was fun in Sims, once you started playing the characters it got boring...the AI in that game is horrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sims 1 - 7 expos
    Sims 2 - 8 expos, 10 stuff packs and an online store.
    Sims 3 - 5 expos, 4 stuff packs and an online store. (so far).

I am not even slightly interested in supporting this franchise.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar