10+ Year Old Account

Help needed with Shadow

I am playing a shadow priest with this armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nthoula/simple
    I'm following Kilee's guide but can't get over 11-12k dps
    Please help me .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    I am playing a shadow priest with this armory. I'm following Kilee's guide but can't get over 11-12k dps
    Please help me .
    Well after looking over your armory its clear we are not looking at the same guide. I mean your reforging out of hit for spirit out of haste into mastery and your 1% over hit cap. You should be stacking haste, reforging to spirit out of crit and mastery early on but hit is still just as good. If you cant even read the guide correctly im sure you dont understand the rotation Which is SW:P>MB>MF til archangel>VT>DP then MB on CD refresh dots as needed always clip with3.5-1.0 secs remaining MF as a filler. also enchant your gear your missing shoulders and back enchants.

Also heartsong isnt a good enchant for shadow use hurricane atleast and your meta is wrong should be using Burning meta

Deleted
    You have a ring where you reforge haste to spirit instead of reforging mastery away.
    You are 0.48% hit above the cap, you could get to the cap by gemming 40 intellect in your belt (btw get crafted its better), and reforging mastery to haste on wand instead of to spirit.
    Also lack of enchants and wrong meta gem. Kilee's guide is simply telling you what enchants to use and what gems, as far as i remember.
    If you have any logs or something, maybe a screenshot of your recount, that could help us helping you as well.
    You can also go a bit under the hit cap by gemming more intellect (fx. in boots).
    Last edited by mmoc21d5ec7fa4; 2011-07-06 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Adding

15+ Year Old Account
    NEVER reforge haste away.
    Heartsong is bad. Get Power Torrent.
    You're missing quite a few enchants.
    Wrong gemming. Get Burning Shadowspirit. Don't use any gem with stam on it, ever.. if it's for pvp then get a pve piece for that slot.
    You have no professions. I recommend enchanting, tailoring, JC, or engineering.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides the enchants and reforges (obviously healing gear except some of them) at the moment I use the prio/rotation that Kilee's guide indicates and i never get over 12k . is it normal or not and what can I do besides the gems/reforges ?
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    Besides the enchants and reforges (obviously healing gear except some of them) at the moment I use the prio/rotation that Kilee's guide indicates and i never get over 12k . is it normal or not and what can I do besides the gems/reforges ?
    can't get over 12k where? Dummy dps? heroics?

Fix what we've suggested and try it out. go to the dummy and do a WoL report and post it here. Maybe one of us can find the time to sift through it and see what's going on.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Everyone mentioned the reforging, but I'll explain a bit.

Look at every piece without haste. On each one of those pieces, reforge out of crit/mastery (whichever it is) to haste.
    Once you've done that, look at all the pieces you haven't reforged yet. Reforge them to spirit. If you can't reforge to spirit, reforge to hit.

You want to prioritize haste for reforging because it is your best stat. Never reforge out of it.
    Spirit is slightly better for you than hit because of your human passive. Otherwise they are exchangable.

Switch glyph of Dispersion for Glyph of Shadow Word: Death if you're going to do PVE. (State if you're asking for help for PVP, because much of this is totally wrong if you don't want PVE advice.)

Get your gear enchanted. Intellect or haste, and nothing else. All the intellect enchants are better than the haste enchants. Get a Burning Shadowspirit Diamond (54 Int. + 3% crit damage). Unless the socket bonus is 20 Int or better, use only 40 intellect gems.

As Veiled said, try to get a WoL from a dummy, and we can doublecheck your spell priorities for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.