Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    You guys realize that ME3 is gonna release in March 2012 right?
    I forgot about that...damn that's kinda depressing... My money's on Skyrim then.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys realize that ME3 is gonna release in March 2012 right?
    So it is. Well, take that one out of the mix.

I never really thought it would be game of the year material anyway, I just mentioned it because it was a sequel.

Portal 2, What?

I went to the Portal 2 website, and from what I could tell by briefly visiting the website is that the game is about cutting holes in surfaces and going through them? Sounds really boring to me.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Portal 2, What?

I went to the Portal 2 website, and from what I could tell by briefly visiting the website is that the game is about cutting holes in surfaces and going through them? Sounds really boring to me.
    You know, you can make sound everything boring.
    e.g. "Shootergamexyz, what? You just run in circles and shoot stuff."
    Portal 2 is a great game, but I doubt it'll get GOTY.

I'm hoping for Skyrim or BF3, but honestly speaking, I'm not expecting that either of them gets it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrocurious View Post
    I doubt Skyrim will. I really like Bethesda and all of their other games.. but I think that since they're developing it primarily for consoles, it won't be as good as it could've been.

Battlefield 3 looks fun and is going to have nice graphics, but it's not game of the year material.

Modern Warfare 3 looks the same as MW2 and blops. It's not going to be good, but I think it will get GoTY from game review sites because Activision paid them. Duh.

Saints Row: The Third will get my GOTY, I can already feel it. The other saints row games are my favorite single player console games ever.

Mass Effect 3 is 2012, same with The Old Republic.

I can't think of any other games that are coming out this year. Oh well..
    The Old Republic is 2011. Even outside estimates put it in Dec. Optimistic put it early august. I will go for middle ground and sept/october.

I think it could get some game of the year awards. I mean who are we talking about with the awards? That really will change things, because I very much doubt ign etc would give an mmo game of the year. Not saying it won't happen, but with some of the other games around I doubt it.

Now 2012 will be Mass Effect 3. Anyone doubting that should avoid driving for others safety.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    The Old Republic is 2011. Even outside estimates put it in Dec. Optimistic put it early august. I will go for middle ground and sept/october.

I think it could get some game of the year awards. I mean who are we talking about with the awards? That really will change things, because I very much doubt ign etc would give an mmo game of the year. Not saying it won't happen, but with some of the other games around I doubt it.

Now 2012 will be Mass Effect 3. Anyone doubting that should avoid driving for others safety.
    I dunno, i think Diablo 3 will launch in 2012, so is gonna be a tough match between these 2

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, i think Diablo 3 will launch in 2012, so is gonna be a tough match between these 2
    If D3 comes even close to the awesomeness of its prequels, it won't be that close

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    If D3 comes even close to the awesomeness of its prequels, it won't be that close
    Sorry guys but you are speaking from a fans point of view. I'm not saying d3 will be bad, but I don't think it will hold up to the pressure of some of the other studios out there. Maybe it will, I can't say I know. When I compare it to say mass effect 2

By the end of 2010, Mass Effect 2 won numerous awards from various video game journalists and outlets. G4 X-Play awarded it Game of the Year, along with Best writing and Best role-playing game. IGN awarded the game Xbox 360 game of the year, among Best Story, Best Character (for Thane Krios), Best Sci-Fi game and Best Blockbuster game, for the 360 category, while it also won Best Story, Best Soundtrack, Best Character (for the Illusive Man), Best Visuals and Best Sci-Fi game for the PC category. In their overall awards, they gave it Best Story, Best Sci-Fi Game, Best Blockbuster Game, and Overall Game of the Year for 2010.[91]

During the 2010 Spike Video Game Awards, the game won the awards for "Best Xbox 360 Game", "Studio of the Year" (for its developer, BioWare), "Best RPG", and it was nominated for "Game of the Year", "Best PC Game", "Best Original Score", "Best Performance by a Human Male" (for Martin Sheen as the Illusive Man), "Best Performance by a Human Female" (for Jennifer Hale as Commander Shepard – female version, and Yvonne Strahovski as Miranda Lawson), "Best DLC" (for Lair of the Shadow Broker), and "Most Anticipated Game of 2010".[92]

During its year-end series of awards, GameTrailers gave the game the awards for "Best RPG",[93] "Best Story" and Game of the Year.[94] Screw Attack ranked the game as top game of 2010 as voted for by users.

It won the Golden Joystick awards for "Best RPG" and "Ultimate Game of the Year" which are voted for by the public [95]

IGN Australia chose the game as the best game of 2010.[96] Game Informer named the game the Best RPG of 2010.

The game also won 3 AIAS Interactive Achievement Awards including one for Overall Game of the Year.[97]

Mass Effect 2 was awarded the BAFTA for "Best Game" of 2010.[98]

Mass Effect 2 is going to be placed in the "Art of Video Games" exhibit in the Smithsonian American Art Museum. [99]
    Copied from wiki so you can check their sources if you want.

Blizzard can probably pull it off, but personally I feel like they have really let their games slip recently. Just my opinion of course.

Deleted
    I say Diablo 3. Blizzard wants to release it for Christmas this year and they probably will.

Skyrim, you know why?

Morrowind : GOTY

Oblivion : GOTY

See a pattern? =) glhf
    Kolopotho: I will find it incredibly shocking and rare if some guy walks up to a girl in a pub and says "i play a level 80 druid in world of warcraft" to which she will respond with "TAKE ME NOW".

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Skyrim will probably be GotY. Since people like open world RPG's where it feels like you have some control and also they did alot of improvements from Oblivion like making an AI for the Dragons so they fly around the map , hunt other NPC's for food.

Deleted
    D3 - no competition.

Portal 2 is the number 1 for sure
    then BF3 if it comes on time.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Rofl @ BF3 when it's not even released yet.

pointless thread is pointless. All will bow to Skyrim at 11.11.11.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Deleted
    Battlefield 3 will crush any other game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Shadow of the Colossus. Winner 5 years straight.
    Can't wait until the HD re-release of that and Ico in September.

As for this year's GotY so far, in my opinion, it is hands down Portal 2. But there are a lot of fantastic games that are or could come out over the last quarter. Skyrim will obviously be a candidate. Diablo 3 could be it if it comes out in 2011. My money is on Uncharted 3 though.

---------- Post added 2011-07-06 at 09:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McSteve16 View Post
    For me, Portal 2 and The Witcher 2 are the best.
    Duke Nukem Forever is not very good, but it's really memorable cause we have waited for so long time.
    Dragon Age 2 disappointed me. It's the worst for me.
    Duke Nukem Forever is memorable at the same level of that time you bit into an apple and it had a bunch of worms in it. Not memorable for being good, or fun, or awesome. Memorable for making you want to throw up. Real shame, because we had all been waiting for that delicious apple to come into season for so long.

Deleted
    It's a really tough competition this year.
    My candidates are:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Diablo 3 (if it's 2011)
    Star Wars: The Old Rebublic (if it's 2011)
    Battlefield 3
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Crysis 2

I would list AC: revelations but I doubt that it would even have a chance against these.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2011-07-06 at 04:22 PM.

How come no 1 havent said anything about Batman: AC yet :d