Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Demo and Alysrazor

I'm currently playing demo (QQ) and so far, I've been quite okay/satisfied with the way the spec is performing on the fights (considering its not the 'best' dps spec out there currently). While going through the bosses, I found that most (if not all bosses) had certain aspects to it which I could improve on and adapt the way I use the spec to improve my dps.

However Alysrazor really left me stumped... I can't think of anything on the fight to really substantially improve my dps because the way I see it, Demo only seems to perform decently when you can
    1- Stand in melee
    2- Abuse felstorm and/or Felpuppy

On this fight I cant really do either... constantly having range issues so I can't abuse immolation aura/shadowflame a large amount. There's nothing to aoe, nor is the felpuppy in range of anything ever.. constantly running around to adds that die quick and not dotted (not my kill target)... so I opted to use the imp (glyphed) and it was an improvement, I suppose but it didn't feel substantial at all... spent a lot of time running as well. Succubus was out of range of the boss for me, I found. However I did not try with it for long..

I did take advantage of small things like doing my best to be next to an add while having meta up, but it still left me dead last on the meter... I'm not necessarily looking or expecting to top the meter as demo, just hoping that I can come up with some improvement to make spec feel more competitive and keep it somewhat fun.

Anyone figure out a tactic that worked well for them or just have any suggestions for this fight?(Or any fight, for that matter) Kinda need fresh eyes for this one...

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Quite brave of you to use the glyphed imp, but I must admitt that's a clever improvisation

- P1, Immolate/Corr your designated Initiate and the 2 Hatchlings. Always cast something to whatever in your reach (well, maybe not the worms, that's pointless), but just try to keep your down time to the minimum.
    - P2, hope you remembered to pick up a feather and is good at dodging tornadoes. You CAN dps Alice (our guild call the boss that way) during this phase, but don't forget that surviving is the priority. If your trinkets (and cloak/gloves if you're either tailor or eng) proc'd during this phase, summon the Doomguard.
    - P3, pop Meta and obliterate the meter. (You got an imp, keep it for the demon soul should your raid pop BL during this phase - which they should)
    - P4, you get to stack up behind the boss during this phase, so don't forget to use Shadowflame.

Good luck and have fun in the next raid lock-out
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    mmyeah sounds very similar to what I was doing.... Guess I just need to do it better ]: Really sucky fight, hate it.

Anyone else with ideas? X:

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Deleted
    Remember to spam felflame whenever you're moving?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can move and cast on the fight so nah......

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Glyphed imp what? Definitely going to have to try this....

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah glyphed imp is pretty awesome... Just let down by having to move so much ><

Something like 6k single target dps.. definetly beating the felguard too haha

Thanks Sokogeka<3

I've been stuck doing Alice as Destro because I'm forced to be the "replenishment monkey" so my experience isn't quite identical as yours, but I feel your pain. As far as getting that extra damage in there in phase 1, try to pick up 2 feathers for the extra movement speed, it will help a ton with getting closer to the adds, and don't forget you can cast on the move with just 1 feather.

For those who've been lucky enough to be the flyer for this fight, I have two questions for you.

1.) What is your pet doing while you fly, I've noticed even my imp will get out of range on Alice from time to time, and lacking the "aggressive" stance anymore will they still dps ground targets or will they despawn if you get too far away like Al'Akir?
    2.) Which spec do you prefer while flying? While I'd think affliction, I'm wondering if Destro or Demo would get a greater benefit from the haste?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

I don't think your pet does anything while you fly

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I don't think your pet does anything while you fly
    Just another reason to let the Arc Mage fly I guess, thanx Blizzard for not considering all classes when designing encounters, bad enough you have to stack in extra melee for interrupts on initiates since they can't be stunned, feared, and are immune to CoT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Nope, Affliction warlock without a pet > Arcane mage in the air.

Go give an arcane mage 200% haste, they'll thank you and wonder why you gave them a completely unnecessary ~100% extra ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    Just another reason to let the Arc Mage fly I guess, thanx Blizzard for not considering all classes when designing encounters, bad enough you have to stack in extra melee for interrupts on initiates since they can't be stunned, feared, and are immune to CoT.
    We're just happy to not be completely useless as melee...

That being said: instead of trying to find a use for an aoe spec in a single target fight: got with a single target spec? Our locks do great on this encounter.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I initially was flying, but then I realized my pet (felpuppy at the time) was doing shit so I suggested someone else take over... I wasn't doign it long enough to test other pets... not sure if its any different for imp at least.

Anyway, I did have 2 feathers... and sure, it helped but not nearly as much as you would imagine (or at least, I imagined it would).. dps still felt very low and like there was little I could improve on tactic wise.... I really feel like its the minimal use of pet and melee range.

Quote Originally Posted by Auralan View Post
    We're just happy to not be completely useless as melee...

That being said: instead of trying to find a use for an aoe spec in a single target fight: got with a single target spec? Our locks do great on this encounter.
    It's not only a 'aoe spec' but also a 'buff spec'... I'm only playing demo for the 10% spellpower buff as my group's setup is pretty caster heavy.. I am considering trying to just get away with playing affliction on this particular fight, but I'd rather see if other people had similar trouble or had suggestions as demo.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

I'm affliction but am going to have flight duty this Fri...curious as to what pet is worth using on this fight out of this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by rap87 View Post
    I'm affliction but am going to have flight duty this Fri...curious as to what pet is worth using on this fight out of this thread...
    As Penguin mentioned, your pet is pretty much useless while you're on flight duty (just stands in the middle of the room trying to attack Alys). The imp might be an improvement for this fight, but I think she flies too high for the majority of P1 for the imp to hit her. I just kept my Felpuppy out the whole fight for Demon Soul. It really only did damage in P3, but it didn't affect much. Affy while flying is ridiculously good even without the pet doing anything.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I recall my imp being able to reach Alys... but the only problem was the fact that she was constantly moving so the imp would have to move to catch up...

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Was just coming to edit my post and apologize for being off-topic. I'm not on ground duty for this fight, so can't help much. ><

However, as far as the pets while flying, yeah. It does nothing. Actually had it die a few times on me from random crap. I could test out my imp this week though to see if it hits her at all.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2011-07-07 at 01:46 AM.

Been flying the last few days as Affliction, I've tried having my pet go on Hatchlings while I dot everything else, but it usually dies to something and I have to resummon it for the burn phases. Theres alot to watch in the air so I don't have to time to make sure my pet gets out of every damn fire it runs into.

Btw, this flying things is HARD the first few times, but its so damn fun.

Deleted
    hmm unlesss you're in the flying bunch, then you won't have feather until the second molten .... so yah....

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    hmm unlesss you're in the flying bunch, then you won't have feather until the second molten .... so yah....
    10man guild. Possibly only send two people up. I know we have more than enough feathers left over at the start of the fight for ground people to take some.