Deleted

Lightbulb How do you steer Lord Rhyolith?

How does your guild coordinate in steering the thing? I want to find ways to improve team work on this.

Currently we have a person 'calling' it but I suspect we have to avoid calling it that much and rely most on all people steering it on their own and only calling in critical situations.

What do you think?

I'm mostly talking about coordination and communication, not so much about 'technical setup' or the basic information 'you have to hit a leg', I know all this. But, I guess it might help in giving info on setup as well. (we're 10man)

We have one person 'driving' it, directing the dps towards whichever leg needs to be hit to turn him in the right direction. If he needs to go straight, they'll say to stop dps. (Far easier to stop than to split people up so he turns equally)

Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    We have one person 'driving' it, directing the dps towards whichever leg needs to be hit to turn him in the right direction. If he needs to go straight, they'll say to stop dps. (Far easier to stop than to split people up so he turns equally)
    precisely! cheers

Deleted
    We had 1 Melee assigned to each leg and a hunter in addition for quicker turns. They would atack the leg called out from one person and would go back to their originally assigned leg whenever we wanted him to go straight.
    Stopping the damage resulted in too long a fight for us.

Letting the people dps legs on their own, i wouldn't advise. More people, more opinions - and more directions they might want to go at once

How exactly do you force him into a sharp turn? It doesn't seem to be dps done, or consistent dps. We would have our dps attack one foot and only one foot, but it would often still digress back to the middle.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    We have one person who calls out which leg to attack. It's boils down to saying left or right. If we have him go straight, we equal out the DPS on his legs.

We have 5 calls: Left, Right, Hard left, Hard right and straight. Hard left and hard rght require cooldowns so we save them for these times. We have 3 people on the legs in 1 man (1 tank, 3 healers and 6 DPS). 1 person calls out the directions. There really isnt any reason for anyone other than the tank or "driver" to call in p1.

This didn't answer the question at all. If all dps are pushin one leg, why does his bar still regress towards the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    This didn't answer the question at all. If all dps are pushin one leg, why does his bar still regress towards the middle
    He will try to sway back to middle is what I've noticed, but if you're having troubles doing hard turns then your dps are under-performing or you don't have enough on the legs.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh