Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Not to stick my nose in where it doesn't belong... but I have an actual question. I am a shadow priest but every once in a blue moon I needs to heal to hep the group out. So I go holy because I usually don't get much os gear and I use prob (sidenote if you are typing prob and miss the "B" it spells pron) 95% of my dps gear for healing. So I was tank healing the other night and I noticed my heals were renewing my renew (lol)... anyways, my question is if renew gets renewed anyways doesn't that make the whole 12.5% more moot (obviously I have WAY more haste than mastery on my healing set) and... well if you are tank healing is it silly to keep renew on the tank? It seemed like it made sense to me. Just... the way renew is being talked about makes it seem like it's crap or something.
    Well, that's a pretty awesome typo Arlee.

As said by dr-acula, your Renew should always be on the tank, whether you're raid healing, tank healing, pug heroics, PvP, it's an awesome spell to use. The "renewing your renew" comes from any direct heal while in Chakra: Serenity, in which case, yes the 12.5% is silly because you're already getting "+ticks" every heal you cast. It's not that the spell is crap, in and of itself. It's that current encounter design doesn't lend it to its blanket use, which it was late Wrath (bubble Bots could be replaced by rejuv/renew bots, and accomplish the same effect for everything except heroic arthas... pre 20% buff).

12.5% is something like 568 rating from gear, or something rediculously small. But why stop your gearing there, when the majority of your healing is coming from heals with a cast time, whether tank healing in 5's (in which case you're automatically refreshing anyways), or raid healing (where that haste is meaningless to Mending or Circle, and both stats are delicious for Prayer of Healing anyways). Renew is a great spell when used correctly. It's quite amazing. The point is, you shouldn't be planning your gear around it, just as a Shadow Priest doesn't stop gearing Haste at Mind Flay ticks between Mind Blast's cooldown anymore. It's a point of irrelevance, when you look at the bigger picture.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Ahh ok thanks too both of you That all makes a bunch of sense... And yea when I read back over what I had typed before posting it took me min to figure what I had meant to type and how I ended up typing that lol

so yea i dont really care about 12.5% and i didnt mean for this thread to get out of hand... haha just didnt check it for awhile and this happened.

i just wanted personal input on your stacking? i wanted to hear the side of haste stacked priest perhaps since im already stacking mastery.

also i was wrong because after looking at the gear list and doing the math, the gear i want have the equal amount of mastery and haste so it just matters on what i decide to reforge to... haste or mastery.

thanks in advance... and please no more talking about 12.5% soft cap. i stopped caring about that after i killed halfus in BOT for the first time.

I stack haste. I love its ability to give me more output, when I need it to. I feel Mastery is effective output, but slow, and raiding with a Druid and a Shaman, its effects are limited (Healing Rain and Wild Growth are great at topping people up).

It shows up nice on meters, but I personally don't feel it's strong enough in my raid composition to warrant its placement above haste. That said, I was running a low spirit, high haste and mastery build for T11 content. We'll see what my gear looks like at the end of t12 (currently back to Spirit/Haste while I spam the heck out of Flash/Greater Heals)
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-07-07 at 07:50 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm mostly raiding with a fellow holy priest and a paladin. I've stacked mastery since Cataclysm day one. Byt by looking at the amount of cloth drops in Firelands and all the haste/crit stat they have - I will be finally transitioning to haste. This will definitely make a difference and that is really what I want now - something new to imbue my love for prist healing.

P.S Cataclysm raiding has made my class even more loveable! I haven't had so much since BC.

P.P.S - Gief more spirit! I want to spam Flash Heal moar :P

I stack haste as my little gnome priest likes to go pew pew with the heals.

Kilee did some math for me a while ago with haste "thresholds" which, in my opinion, are going to be the best to shoot for, as anything in between is somewhat of a minimal increase versus throwing mastery in those gaps. These are all raid buffed numbers. I currently run at the 2.1 sec cast w/17 mastery

To reach a cast time of 2.2 seconds:

• Haste Percent: 5.07%
    • Haste Rating: 649
    • GCD Becomes: 1.32 sec.
    • Haste Percent needed without buffs: 13.64%
    To reach a cast time of 2.1 seconds:

• Haste Percent: 10.08%
    • Haste Rating: 1290
    • GCD Becomes: 1.26 sec.
    • Haste Percent needed without buffs: 19.05%
    To reach a cast time of 2.0 seconds:

• Haste Percent: 15.58%