Prot pally question

Hi all,

I have recently been playing with my spec a bit on my prot pally as i have needed to tank some raids and wanted to ensure my threat was good.

My question is this, how many prot pallys use eye for an eye? as i have noticed a dramatic increase in my damage output since taking this talent.

Is it a commonly used talent?

Thanks

Gren

I use it in order to get to tier 2 ret -- in my own humble opinion, EfaE > ImpJ if you're only boss tanking... For adds, it might be a different story. I wouldn't worry too much about threat at the moment purely because once you get a nice amount of vengeance, the extra damage it gives more than makes up for missed/parried/dodged attacks.

Just make sure that you have tricks/misdirect at the start, though...!!

Edit:

Might I add that it obviously has no value in fights that have no magical damage what so ever, though I don't really have any knowledge of a fight that exists like that... Also, though I have no proof to back this up, I highly doubt that it is able reflect damage that wasn't directly done by specific mobs -- purely as an example, fire on the floor whilst the tank's getting eaten up by Magmaw.
    Last edited by Phototropic; 2011-07-06 at 08:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The threat and damage from Eye for an Eye is ok, but you'll find its not a necessity to keep threat. Imo, and that of a few others, the extra long range attack is better because threat won't be an issue once you get some practice, but that extra spell for when the shit hits the fan, rocks.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.