Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That argument never really works. So a hunters pet likes being beat on by everything? And forced around the world just because him and a hunter like each other? Hunters use magic to "tame" the animals. Warlocks use magic to "bind" the demons. Remember warlocks pretty much summon the same demon as they keep a name.

Not to mention the part about the VW sacrifice is offset by the existence of health funnel, using my own health to heal a demon "I don't give a crap about". Either way warlocks and hunters abuse their pets by sending them into "bad" situations. The only real difference is that the demons likely enjoy it and don't care while the the animals likely have feelings.
    I'm pretty sure hunters don't use magic lorewise. It's a spell in the game, yeah, but what would you want? There comes hearts and stuff out of us.

because hunter pets are actually pets, whereas locks get demons that have a mind of there own and are being forced into there bidding

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySteve View Post
    Because Warlocks are more about the lock and less about the pet. If we wanted more pet abilities, we'd have less warlock abilities.

...and on a side note Lillah... if you don't like playing a warlock with a pet you're getting dangerously close to being a Mage. I mean, a destruction lock without a pet would be... more or less a different version of a fire mage, right?
    I think you took what I said a *bit* far. I don't want to be a mage. (ew)
    Perhaps I'm just saying this because I've been asked to play demo since 4.2, but I feel like we're over reliant on the pet.

I'd just prefer having my pet for some 2-3k dps and some more utility/synergy rather than having 6-7k dps into something which comes into conflict on boss fights a lot.

I can think of a handful of bosses this expansion where pets just suck a lot for at least a portion of the fight with either bugging, not being able to reach something, or just dying.

BUT HAI THATS JUST ME.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Quote Originally Posted by Koyote View Post
    Honestly as a hunter i would give up all my pets and their "ability's" for decent class mechanics.
    Reroll or find a new game if thats really what you think about hunter pets and class mechanics.

OT they used to give locks a little more control over pet skills since you had to buy them lvl by lvl. Sure a hunters pet talent tree can allow for different ways to tune your pet but there arent many correct/useful ways to spec them. Really all that does is make it easier for bad hunters to screw up in creative new ways. If they do ever start letting locks do more with their pets soon frost mages will want the same followed by DKs and shammies, it will be a never ending why cant my class do what this class can do QQ.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I'm pretty sure hunters don't use magic lorewise. It's a spell in the game, yeah, but what would you want? There comes hearts and stuff out of us.
    Well warlock don't really either. They form a contract with the demon by defeating them. All the demons usually say they will serve the warlock if they can defeat them. So there really is no enslavement going on. The warlock isn't just waltzing up to a demon and saying "You are now my slave". But even lorewise I think a hunters pet is still be effected by magic of some sort. Because the difference between a hunters pet and a non-hunter pet is a bit different. In lore hunters pets tend to be more intelligent, capable and have better abilities then their a non-tamed pet.

---------- Post added 2011-07-07 at 07:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    If they do ever start letting locks do more with their pets soon frost mages will want the same followed by DKs and shammies, it will be a never ending why cant my class do what this class can do QQ.
    Right because you can't let a pet class do more because others will QQ. Classes that can have pets with talents are not the same as a pet class.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Because hunters are friends with their pets and warlocks force them to do their bidding.
    This would still be a viable reason if it was like bc or vanilla still.

But to be honest we are a full fledged pet class, we should get some sort of similar things like hunters have.

Deleted
    A hunter without a pet is called an archer.
    Thats why we have ANIMAL pets, and not some sick whicked demons, with sheild, whirlwin, some love shit, fireballs etc.
    Our is auto attack with rake etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    Let's see
    1. Talents
    2. All kind of different pet own skills
    3. Much better scaling?
    4. Stable/call pet
    5. etc.

As i see it, both classes are true pet classes, only we are casters while hunters are phisical rdps. Why do they have more refined(and interesting) pet management and we don't?
    Bottom line, because they are hunters.

Locks moreso have Minions, eventhough classified as a pet, not actual pets, 1 more thing to remember is Hunters, until recently, had to care for there pet, we had to level it with us, feed it, keep it happy. Locks just tolerated their companion type pets (that can attack) Syphoning life from there pet for their own lives. Doesn't sound like a Healthy pet/owner relationship, sounds demonic, and selfish. Sounds like..... s WARLOCK!

Meaning different class different mechanics, you qq about this, blizz makes you guys like hunters, then whos next frost mages, or even shammies.

Why are you looking for classes to be the same, if you like the mechanics of a hunter roll one.

I guess Warriors should be crying because they can't shoot there ranged weapons with the efficiency of a hunter as well, I mean Hunters have melee abilities too, so why can't warriors shoot the way they do.

U get the point?

Another Point:
    Until recently, a hunter had to keep his pet happy, feed it, level it with him, developing that healthy pet/owner relationship. Locks release a minion of some sort, force it to do its duties, when the lock is dying he just Syphons life from the pet for his own selfish reasons. Doesn't sound like a healthy pet/owner relationship.

And btw, when have you ever heard of an obedient Demon in any situation?
    Last edited by Tybudd33; 2011-07-08 at 01:31 AM.

I want to know why Death Knights have a pet with a stupidly long re-summon cooldown and zero sources of passive healing, making it the most fragile out of the lot with the longest recovery time...

Even mages have a talent that gives their Elemental no-brainer heals FFS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    I want to know why Death Knights have a pet with a stupidly long re-summon cooldown and zero sources of passive healing, making it the most fragile out of the lot with the longest recovery time...

Even mages have a talent that gives their Elemental no-brainer heals FFS.
    Death coil?...Be happy that you can ress it when it dies and not like hunters where we have to stay still and cast ress pet for 10 seconds...and the only way we can get insta ress is having a ferocity pet with 8 MIN CD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybudd33 View Post
    Another Point:
    Until recently, a hunter had to keep his pet happy, feed it, level it with him, developing that healthy pet/owner relationship. Locks release a minion of some sort, force it to do its duties, when the lock is dying he just Syphons life from the pet for his own selfish reasons. Doesn't sound like a healthy pet/owner relationship.
    Warlocks can't siphon life from their demons. They can however siphon life TO a demon. So your example doesn't mesh with what is actually happening with the demon warlock bond. The notion that demons are evil and you have to be evil or enslave them is a sterotype that doesn't fit in wow. Imps, according to lore, are commonly used as familiars for burning legion warlocks.

The warlock also doesn't just enslave a random demon. They form a contract, one based on strength. The demon is summoned and agree's to serve the warlock if the warlock can defeat the demon. If a hunter can form a bond with some random animal, then a warlock can form a bond with some random demon. Remember that once the hunter tames or the warlock binds they are always using the same pet. I summon the same felguard each time, the same imp, the same succubus.
    And btw, when have you ever heard of an obedient Demon in any situation?
    In any situation? All my warlocks demons are pretty obedient. All demons, when bound, are obedient. Demons however retain their right to complain about it while they carry out the task.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lillah View Post
    I think you took what I said a *bit* far. I don't want to be a mage. (ew)
    Perhaps I'm just saying this because I've been asked to play demo since 4.2, but I feel like we're over reliant on the pet.

I'd just prefer having my pet for some 2-3k dps and some more utility/synergy rather than having 6-7k dps into something which comes into conflict on boss fights a lot.

I can think of a handful of bosses this expansion where pets just suck a lot for at least a portion of the fight with either bugging, not being able to reach something, or just dying.

BUT HAI THATS JUST ME.
    Our destro lock's number 2 damage spell is always the imp's Firebolt. That's a very heavy reliance on a pet for dps. I understand where you're coming from. And what's with Firelands and pets dying so much in there?

When they were first thinking of the Warlock class and decided it to have a pet/demon I'm sure Blizz thought it was a great idea but overall its been disappointing. With not having very good pet scaling and control of pets makes the reliance on pets really fail. Look at the felguard? It should be a bad dps demon yet most time the scaling sucks and some boss fights keeping him up or for that matter any demon up or having good control is fail.

I just do not like having to rely heavily on pets for dps. To many factors that make the pet/warlock class a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    We don't really "force" them, i'm pretty sure one of them just has a contract.
    Having a contract, huh?... THIS WAS NOT IN MY CONTRACT!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really miss talents like demonic sacrifice... made the class more flexible on certain fights at least...

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Quote Originally Posted by Lillah View Post
    I really miss talents like demonic sacrifice... made the class more flexible on certain fights at least...
    With demon sac we were like mages. no pet just plain pewpew. Lot's of locks complained they didn't want to be a mage and wanted more utility for their pet's. As for pet dieing allot all i can say is "you're doing it wrong" my pet SELDOMLY dies. and if this event would occur it gets insta ressed.

OT
    Hunters are hunters. they have a friendly bond with the pet and indeed before they used to feed them, keep them happy. lvl together become friends so the pet trusted the hunter and did it's biddings. Locks meddle with darker powers and "enslave" a demon indeed through a "challenge" to best the demon. They serve as an aid in battle and fight for you to keep the master safe. Therefor they take up a larger role in the damage dealings. Wich makes sense. Bottomline a lock without a pet is a mage. and appart from Imps every demon has its own unique ability Succubus = Seduce Felguard = lolstrom + a stun Fel Hound = interrupt + purge Voidwalker = a bubble. So i don't see the fuss about not having abilities. Altho hunter have a wider varieaty of obtaniable companions. Most of them do pretty much the same and in raiding the buffs they provide are mostly useless (sadly). So the hunters pet became as much as "just a pet" as lock have to have demon at their side.

This is just my 2 coppers
    Last edited by Sirjeize; 2011-07-09 at 10:51 AM.

well u can put in a request asking blizzard to nerf everything else with u and buff ur pets.

Deleted
    Hunters complaining about this are clueless, there is no excuse for this unfair treatment of Warlock pets. Hunters are friends with their pets? hahah nerd please, the Warlock can force a demon lord to do his bidding, but he cannot force him to specialize in certain abilities and attacks? warlocks need a pet revamp system, new pet skins, nameable pets and every pet should have Spell Lock to make pets in pvp viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleed View Post
    Hunters complaining about this are clueless, there is no excuse for this unfair treatment of Warlock pets. Hunters are friends with their pets? hahah nerd please, the Warlock can force a demon lord to do his bidding, but he cannot force him to specialize in certain abilities and attacks? warlocks need a pet revamp system, new pet skins, nameable pets and every pet should have Spell Lock to make pets in pvp viable.
    all i can comment on this is........ sigh

Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    Let's see
    1. Talents
    2. All kind of different pet own skills
    3. Much better scaling?
    4. Stable/call pet
    5. etc.

As i see it, both classes are true pet classes, only we are casters while hunters are phisical rdps. Why do they have more refined(and interesting) pet management and we don't?
    How are points 1 through three pet management? Those don't really seem to directly refer to a character's control of a pet. Also, the way this thread opens up it seems biased around the thought of pets with someone's personal measuring stick that is probably unreleated to what the developers have in mind.

IMO Hunters are more "pet class" than the class that is predominantly corrupt, power-hungry mages.

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bleed View Post
    Actually. Warlocks can only force lesser demons to do their bidding. Demon Lords can only be coerced to stick around and kill, maim and destroy for a little while as it amuses them.