Deleted

mouse: at wits end

so i have cyborg gaming mouse which was working fine originally. i then installed the specific drivers to recognise it as a gaming mouse, rather than standard, but ever since then i've had horrible troubles. it's extremely intermittant, if it actually powers up at all, so it's obviously unusable.

to try and see if it was driver issue i plugged the mouse onto a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate and it works fine until the OS actually loads up. after this it's just dead. it's a plug and play mouse so i can't understand why it wouldn't work this way. i would install the saitek device drivers, but here comes my problem: rather than dump the drivers into the driver folder it needs to detect your mouse first to choose which ones to install. seeing as my mouse doesn't power up at all there's no way to access these drivers.

i am typing this right on my laptop which has vista home premium and the mouse is working fine, so it's not a mouse problem. it's supported by windows 7 so i can't see that being the issue either...

so frustrated right now so any help or ideas would be stellar!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Take it back, sounds defective.