Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Deus Ex for 2,50 on Steam. Is it worth it?

I saw that Deus Ex is on sale on STEAM, and i was wondering if any of you MMO-ers have played it.
    Read some good reviews about it, but i am still in doubt.
    Got 10 euro left, so the big dillema is if i should wait 'till the next sale, or just spend 2,50 on Deus Ex.

OMG yes. I'm trying not to sound like a fanboy, but it's not worth resisting. You won't regret spending that money on it. The story will grip you as you uncover the mystery surrounding everything, and every time you think you've figured something out a new twist occurs. Seriously, it's probably one of the BEST games in the past twenty years. It isn't an experience you want to miss. You'll love it, trust me, you'll love it.

Deleted
    Depends, if you don't care for graphics (game is really old) or can live with it, then buy it now. Deus Ex is really awesome and I enjoyed every second of it.

The game's soundtrack is already worth of that 2,50 alone. ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought Deus-Ex on release and never regretted it, so yeah, for 2,50 I'd most definitly be picking it up!

Deleted
    TB's GoaT game!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elohel View Post
    OMG yes. I'm trying not to sound like a fanboy, but it's not worth resisting. You won't regret spending that money on it. The story will grip you as you uncover the mystery surrounding everything, and every time you think you've figured something out a new twist occurs. Seriously, it's probably one of the BEST games in the past twenty years. It isn't an experience you want to miss. You'll love it, trust me, you'll love it.
    Fanboy.
    But really, i will get it.
    Does it play a bit like HL1?

Dude, it's 2.50 ....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Dude, it's 2.50 ....
    When you only have ten euro, it is a large part of your total wealth.

Fantastic game, with plenty of replayability. It's aged a bit poorly in both graphics and gameplay sense, but still good. Fun fact: It is possible to finish the game without ever killing a single person.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorMcAwesome View Post
    When you only have ten euro, it is a large part of your total wealth.
    If you only have ten euro, you're probably not reading this message because you can't afford a PC.

On topic: If you're used to modern conveniences in games you probably won't like it because it's old school. Part of what made the game so good is novelty it brought to gaming.
    Last edited by CaspianRoach; 2011-07-06 at 04:13 PM.

Definitely worth it. It's one of the few games that I've played in which there were multiple ways of completing each mission. I wish more games would offer that kind of freedom.

It's even 2.50 Euro? Man, it's only $2.50, you're getting ripped off But yeah, it's still worth it, either way.

Damnit, I hate you Steam! I HATE YOU! You have a penchant for deflating my bank account right around this time of the year... Monday Night Combat only $3.50... must... resist...

I'm already kicking myself for missing out on the Darksiders sale... $4!

Civ 5 double civ pack with Spain and Inca for half off... so much hate... why must this be happening?!
    Last edited by Cantii; 2011-07-06 at 04:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaspianRoach View Post
    If you only have ten euro, you're probably not reading this message because you can't afford a PC.

On topic: If you're used to modern conveniences in games you probably won't like it because it's old school. Part of what made the game so good is novelty it brought to gaming.
    Yeah, i got Deus Ex a few minutes ago, really enjoying it, reminds me a lot of Half Life 1

Also, why is cheating so easy in the training course? Can keep all the weapons by just throwing them as you go through the door, then picking them up again
    Last edited by mmoc136149d3fe; 2011-07-06 at 04:34 PM.

Short answer: yep
    Long answer: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Buy it and Play it!

Deleted
    :S While playing, most of the dialogue is cut off. They don't say the last few words... How come?

Steam usually rips off one region over the other. steamprices .com, great site to see how much you're getting ripped off depending on which region you're in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    It's even 2.50 Euro? Man, it's only $2.50, you're getting ripped off But yeah, it's still worth it, either way.

Damnit, I hate you Steam! I HATE YOU! You have a penchant for deflating my bank account right around this time of the year... Monday Night Combat only $3.50... must... resist...

I'm already kicking myself for missing out on the Darksiders sale... $4!

Civ 5 double civ pack with Spain and Inca for half off... so much hate... why must this be happening?!

One of the best RPG's of all time for 2.50 is easily worth it.

Hells yes.
    "The Patient? Well... maybe... the mental kind..."

Deleted
    Personally, bad graphics really turn me off a game.

Deus Ex is a really old game, so don't expect great visuals.

But it was GREAT for it's time and arguably one of the most revolutionary FPS games ever.