10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere outside McDonalds, free internet

Macbook pro 15 inch

How well will the MacBook Pro 15 inch (the 1799 verision) run WoW and can i have settings on ultra or high with still much FPS? Thanks

2.2 GHz Intelcore quad i7
    15,4 inch (res 1440x900)
    AMD Radeon HD 6490M 256 mb
    4GB (2x2 gb) memory
    500 gb harddrive

Deleted
    Wondering the same thing o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    seems like no1 knows

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no way you can run Ultra with a decent FPS but you will be able to play wow on medium (or whatever the WoW equivalent is called) with a decent FPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    my friends new computer can run wow on ultra with addons with about 30 fps in raids

Quote Originally Posted by Strippárn View Post
    my friends new computer can run wow on ultra with addons with about 30 fps in raids
    If your friend has the same computer you are planning on buying, and you have seen it run wow under the conditions you are asking, what is the point in asking us?

Good for him! He probably have a better GPU than the one in the MBP listed, though, as it's rather poor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoness View Post
    If your friend has the same computer you are planning on buying, and you have seen it run wow under the conditions you are asking, what is the point in asking us?
    no he built his own computer, he didnt buy a macbook

I cannot answer for the MBP 15 but my MBP 17 runs at 1920x1200 on ultra and has not problems

Deleted
    no he built his own computer, he didnt buy a macbook
    Yeah, see. That means he used desktop components.

And desktop components SEVERELY outperform laptop ones. The -best- laptop GPUs are somewhere along the strength of a GTX460; an entry level gaming card today; by no means bad - but nothing impressive compared to a desktop. The latests mobile processors can wrestle at best with i3 processors or Phenom 2s.

And naturally, those high end laptop components are not only expensive - but far beyond what a portable machine will generally carry, while also maintaining a reasonable battery time.

With a slightly better GPU it would be great. The i7 is slightly unnecessary for gaming. =)

How well will the MacBook Pro 15 inch (the 1799 verision) run WoW and can i have settings on ultra or high with still much FPS? Thanks

2.2 GHz Intelcore quad i7
    15,4 inch (res 1440x900)
    4GB (2x2 gb) memory
    500 gb harddrive
    CPU clock speed is low, you will probably have slowdowns in crowded areas and raids.

GPU is very weak. I'd expect you could play at 800x600 in a window a high settings. Did I mention the GPU is terrible?

You can't play WoW or any other game on that piece of shit GPU with high settings. You must get the more expensive ($2199) version if you want to even dream of high settings on any recent game.

And before people even try to give smart-arse remarks: some older MacBookPros are actually significantly better for games than the $1800 model OP asked for.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Hello there!

I'm currently on 13 inches macbook pro and I can tell you this, you wont get ultra setting on wow by your macbook. I personally rather play wow on my beast (PC) at home instead of macbook even I can take this anywhere.

Deleted
    First of all, it's pointless referencing your friends own-built computer, for the price of the MBP you can build a much better PC, but that's not my point.

The resolution of the MBP is lower, and so it doesn't take as much to run WoW, in fact, it's fairly easy to run wow. You just need to crank the settings down, and slowly build up from normal. You almost definitely won't get full-ultra with shadows and everything, but it will still play it well.

The things that really increase user experience on WoW are view distance, texture quality, and spell effects, just play with the settings till you get a playable (30+ fps) setting.

I play WoW on a similarly-specced MacBook Pro 15", but with the 512 MB graphics card and the high resolution display (1680 x 1050), and I can run it on ultra in raids just fine. I'd recommend going for the bigger card if you're really attached to playing it on ultra, but even the smaller one should be able to run it at a decent graphics setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skeetied View Post
    I play WoW on a similarly-specced MacBook Pro 15", but with the 512 MB graphics card and the high resolution display (1680 x 1050), and I can run it on ultra in raids just fine. I'd recommend going for the bigger card if you're really attached to playing it on ultra, but even the smaller one should be able to run it at a decent graphics setting.
    Ah okey well ill probably going with the 1799 model beacuse of im not going to have much time playing and im working on music alot and needed Logic, but later on if like in 2 years and i want to upgrade my computer with like a bigger gcard can i change it then on the MBP?

Ah okey well ill probably going with the 1799 model beacuse of im not going to have much time playing and im working on music alot and needed Logic, but later on if like in 2 years and i want to upgrade my computer with like a bigger gcard can i change it then on the MBP?
    If there's anything I know about Apple, it's that they don't like people messing with 'their' hardware.

Chances are, it's massively possimpible.

No, you typically can't do a lot of upgrading on a laptop (generally just the RAM and maybe the hard drive, but the new generation MBPs are pretty hard to get into). Just a tip, if you're affiliated at all with a school (or know someone who is and who is willing to help you out), you can get a sweet educational discount (and an iTunes gift card at the moment) that might help cover some of the cost between upgrading to the bigger card.

I have the 15 macbook pro and my graphics are ultra, fps are about 30