Thread: Beth'lac 25M

Beth'lac 25M

First time poster here. My guilld has me as holy paladin and since we have a taunt one of my duties is to taunt the spinners. Now my question is, is it possible to make a macro to cast divine shield so as to not recieve any damage and then taunt someone. Does divine shield null any taunts? And if this is possible to do. How would one go about creating a macro for this. My main reason for wanting to do this is to see if its viable and try to get in a taunt on beth to clear her death kiss stacks off the tank in phase 2 if we were in a pinch. Mostly for last ditch reset efforts.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you can make a macro to do it. Taunting while immune due to Divine Shield will still work, and will force the target to attack you for a few seconds - so if you're trying to use it to clear stacks, you'll need to time it pretty well. The following should work:

Code:
    /cast Divine Shield;
    /cast Hand of Reckoning;

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need the semi-colons at the ends of the lines, though (too much C++, Cardolan?). Hand of Reckoning will force the target to attack you for 4 seconds, and after that I believe you'll also be able to use Righteous Defense for another small amount of time.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsurugi View Post
    You don't need the semi-colons at the ends of the lines, though (too much C++, Cardolan?).
    40+ hours of Java (and some Javascript) a week for work, so the semi-colons are a highly developed habit. I couldn't remember if they were required or not, to be honest, and figured it was safer to include them.

I could be very wrong, but I don't believe that you get the full duration of the taunt fixation while you are immune. He will target you for a second and return to the next highest threat target. I definitely could be wrong, but I haven't seen a full duration taunt fixate while bubbled since before Brutallus.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

They melee for a pathetic amount of damage (2k on a tank, so.. 5k? on a holy) so you shouldn't waste your cooldown just for them.
    As for taunting Widows kiss, I don't think it will apply to you while you're immune (even if you taunt right when the boss is about to use it), so the boss would most probably turn to you for a sec and then back to the tank and apply the debuff.
    Last edited by Temsen; 2011-07-06 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Temsen View Post
    They melee for a pathetic amount of damage (2k on a tank, so.. 5k? on a holy) so you shouldn't waste your cooldown just for them.
    As for taunting Widows kiss, I don't think it will apply to you while you're immune (even if you taunt right when the boss is about to use it), so the boss would most probably turn to you for a sec and then back to the tank and apply the debuff.
    They hit like kittens, my raid leader had me on taunting and dpsing them down (as ret) and I had no issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    I could be very wrong, but I don't believe that you get the full duration of the taunt fixation while you are immune. He will target you for a second and return to the next highest threat target. I definitely could be wrong, but I haven't seen a full duration taunt fixate while bubbled since before Brutallus.
    It works, am 100% certain on this, granted it's not a very important location but to bubble off both DOT's on Nalorakk in ZA is useful with a shite pug healer - never had him spin around and smack someone yet.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    This works, using it for Prot too, when I have to bubble my stacks of I dont immediatly use my cancelaura macro.
    Ill wait till the last second of my taunt, nice 5-6 seconds with 0 damage @ all.
    But tbh, you shouldnt need to pop your bubble on those spinners.
    If you are going up, taunt em and take the rope before they are @ you.
    If you are staying down, just stay at maxrange, any dps on em will get em off you.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    It works, am 100% certain on this, granted it's not a very important location but to bubble off both DOT's on Nalorakk in ZA is useful with a shite pug healer - never had him spin around and smack someone yet.
    I wouldn't argue that at all. I'm simply saying that I don't believe that the taunt fixation is full when you are immune.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD