10+ Year Old Account

WoW Crashes my Computer!!! D;

so heres what happens... i can log on and select my characters just like normal.. but as soon as i get past the loading screen my computer screen flips out showing all these weird colors and flashes then it goes black an crashes or i get the Blue Screen of DEATH :O anyways i tried playing my other games Starcraft 2 WORKS FINE no problems there and i have Unreal tournament 3 WORKS FINE and i have the graphics on Ultra setting to and my other games Dragon Age, Witcher all those work so my Graphics/Video Card ( NVIDIA Geforce GTX 260 ) seems to be working fine AND the Drivers are up to date, why is it just World of Warcraft that it messes up?? has anyone else had a problem like this?? how should i go about dealing with this problem?? could this be a virus F**king up my WOW??
    Last edited by Dezmos; 2011-07-06 at 06:30 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It isn't a virus, a graphical issue within the game is a graphical issue within the game. Try using the repair utility found within the WoW game folder. If for whatever reason that does not correct the issue do a clean uninstall of your graphics driver and install the latest graphics driver and try it again.

Viruses don't cause games to crash.

15+ Year Old Account
    Including information such as the codes from the Blue Screen of Death (or even better, a minidump file from C:\Windows\Minidump) would help us troubleshoot tremendously. Aside from that, including your basic hardware information might help. There's a sticky that says what to include.

Tried to delete cache / run without addons / repair tool? It's kinda basic to try that first.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i fixed it YAY but i have no addons now i did kinda what Asmekiel suggested but i was looking on the offical forums on battle.net and they said to delete your WTF, WDB, and the Interface folders and apparently im not the only one who has had this problem recently

Did it happen since 4.2 went live? If so, it definitely is an add-on problem. Did you update all your add-ons?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1764407164#2 You can follow this blue post for a real clean WoW folder. Keep the screenshots folder though if you want to keep those.
    In the Data-folder is a cache folder too, that one can safely be deleted too. Now login to WoW so it will recreate any files it needs and logout again when it's finished.
    After this you can reinstall your addons. If the problem still exists after this, you'll have to check the addons one by one to find the addon causing problems.