Mind spike macro

I was looking for a macro that i could make that would cast mindspike on rageface if i hold alt and if i dont it just uses shadow word death. I thought I had the syntax correct but I'm not sure how to make it target rageface without losing my current target.

the way i have it written now (if i remember correctly im at work right now.)

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt,target=rageface]mindspike;Shadow word: death

The tooltip shows up for both (when i depresss alt it changes the icon to mindspike) so i know the spells are correct as i have had issues with that before (i r type gewds) but i wasnt sure if this was possible. Sadly any changes i make to the macro won't effect me at all since i killed shannox already this week but itd be helpful for the future. I figure i need to write a separate /target /cast and /targetlasttarget commands but i don't want them to do this unless i have the alt down(since i don't want to target the wrong add after every shadow word death) any help would be appreciated

I can program a GUI but i cant make a macro QQ

Deleted
    Names are only valid unitIDs for targets in your group.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod:alt]Shadow Word: Death
    /stopmacro [nomod:alt]
    /cleartarget
    /targetexact Rageface
    /cast [exists]Mind Spike
    /targetlasttarget

Quote Originally Posted by Ricecooker View Post
    I was looking for a macro that i could make that would cast mindspike on rageface if i hold alt and if i dont it just uses shadow word death. I thought I had the syntax correct but I'm not sure how to make it target rageface without losing my current target.

the way i have it written now (if i remember correctly im at work right now.)

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt,target=rageface]mindspike;Shadow word: death

The tooltip shows up for both (when i depresss alt it changes the icon to mindspike) so i know the spells are correct as i have had issues with that before (i r type gewds) but i wasnt sure if this was possible. Sadly any changes i make to the macro won't effect me at all since i killed shannox already this week but itd be helpful for the future. I figure i need to write a separate /target /cast and /targetlasttarget commands but i don't want them to do this unless i have the alt down(since i don't want to target the wrong add after every shadow word death) any help would be appreciated

I can program a GUI but i cant make a macro QQ
    that'd work fine, just a minor error.

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt,@rageface,exists]Mind Spike;Shadow Word: Death

Other than the misspelled Mind Spike, if you add the exists condition, it'll make it so if rageface doesn't exist and you accidentally hold alt, it'll cast SW: D

Deleted
    Brusalk, sorry to correct you but:
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Names are only valid unitIDs for targets in your group.

Thank you treeston i figured it was something along those lines as far as the names only being unitIDs i tried everything for rageface putting it in quotes and alot of other things before i decided that it was probably that and came here >.< thanks

btw did i mention i love you treeston? cause i do from the bottom of my little shadowy heart

Maybe the boss UnitID works? Not sure which 1 it would be though*
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt,@boss2,exists]Mind Spike;Shadow Word: Death