Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by archangelz View Post
    Why is this even an argument? Are people too stupid to understand how wrong this question is? Yes, healers get to use every GCD dispelling and the mage's teammate(s) are doing nothing. I'm not sure what game you play but healers hardly ever get to spam dispel that much mainly because they shouldn't have time to be dispelling.
    That's also why several classes have neat ways to free themselves of snares. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking of Hand of Freedom, Heroic Fury (albeit not so viable in PvP), Anti-Magic Shell, Cloak of Shadows, Master's Call (the hunter thing, right? I know Hunter's aren't melee, but it seemed to fit. I digress.), and does Stampeding Roar remove Snares? I don't remember if that ever came to pass or was just an idea.

EDIT: Love your 1984 sig. Great book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    I like how rebuttals to Mages overpoweredness usually invoke a 2v2 scenario in which the melee's team mate does nothing but spam Dispel on GCD while that Mage's team mate does nothing at all.
    You nailed it exactly man. This is exactly what everyone who plays mage says.

Like the healer on your team is only dispelling you and thats all he is doing and lets assume your healer is not getting focused CC'ed silence and stunned.

This is the solution people. Blink? yes. Blink out of stuns? No. PvP is designed around classes having stuns and the target having 1 trinket every 2 mins. A trinket every 15 seconds is incredibly overpowered.
    Last edited by Unferth; 2011-07-08 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    mages are OP as hell everybody knows, but no matter what ppl will always come up with something in defense, the best part is that blink just has a 15sec cd

easy to say, so you are assuming the mage is an idiot and will waste his blink in stuff like repentance or charge or any kind of short cc?
    If he doesn't use blink you can destroy him with cd's . If he blinks . He's dead .

Quote Originally Posted by Calgron View Post
    Learn to play?...force them to blink then stun them...its not hard
    You do know some classes can't just make up 20-30 yards when a mage blinks in a heartbeat right? sure a sub rogue doesn't have a problem with shadowstep but a muti rogue? so you make up the yards to stun them after the blink, ever heard of iceblock and trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    I remmember how back in WLK it was easier to duel mages than any other casters out there.
    Good times, however instead of bringing casters to mage level, they just buffed instacasts for everyone and made this game absolute mess.

Still waiting for their announced interrupt/dispel changes, so that I can see they once again manage to screw something else that was working.
    Or maybe they'll finally balance PvP first and then do PvE. (Do not even attempt to say, nerfing 10% dmg is harder when you haven't even yet put health on dragons)

For example Cataclysm health pools were last minute fix.
    Seems it won't happen until next expansion since pve is balanced around having interrupts on short cooldowns, at least that was what they said. About dispel I don't know when it will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Druidboyy View Post
    ok so i have noticed that mages can blink out of stuns i waste my hammer of justice on my pally on a mage and guess what they blink out of it same thing on my druid when i used maim i just dont think its fair that we waste like 5 second stuns and they just blink out of it which is totally not fair
    let me tell you just that: 6 years.

edit:
    also, we cast stuff on you for seconds, and you just heal. it's not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    You do know some classes can't just make up 20-30 yards when a mage blinks in a heartbeat right? sure a sub rogue doesn't have a problem with shadowstep but a muti rogue? so you make up the yards to stun them after the blink, ever heard of iceblock and trinket?
    When I play my mage I would like to see some changes to hunters, aff locks and sub rogues. But that would just open up problems for them with classes/specs they have problems with.