Looking for Solid RTS

Ive been playing Company of Heroes since my first deployment to Iraq back in 2006..was wondering if anyone knew of another game similar in gameplay.

Thnx in advance
    Only death my pay for life

the 1st series of Dawn of War are basically the same engine as CoH, so the gameplay is very similar.
    dawn of war, DoW: winter assault, DoW: the dark crusade are all very good - don't bother with DoW: soulstorm or DoW2... the former because it's just DoW: the dark crusade with 2 new units, and DoW2 because DoW2 is a giant flaming pile of AIDs soaked monkey ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Warhammer 40k Dawn of War series is pretty similar. The first (plus expansions) is the closest to CoH. Of those four, most people consider Dark Crusade the best but they all have their own charm. Dawn of War II and expansions focuses more on small squad combat and micro-managing of said squads. I believe the DoW series was on sale earlier this week via Steam so you may want to wait until the 10th incase its one of the ones that comes back.

Deleted
    world in conflict.

Sins of a solar empire is tons of fun and you can spend hours upon hours in a single match.

Deleted
    Starcraft 2 and the original Dawn of war + expansions.

Warcraft 3 is a fun rts sometimes.

Halo wars is pretty smooth with the exception you can only build in certain locations

Command and conquer series is pretty fun as well. I don't know why but I still like zero hour.

Starcraft 1 and 2 is a hardcore RTS game. You can't win it if your IQ and ability to multitask are low.

I haven't tried any other RTS games.

starcraft 2 is about all you need
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I know that it's turn-based but you should really check out Frozen Synapse. Such a great game.
    I'm not the Devil. I'm much, much older. I watched the Beginning and I will see the End. I am the dark behind the stars. I am the dark inside you all.

There are already lots of other threads where they ask for a good RTS

OT: Command & Conquer, all of them, specially Yuri's Revenge

Thanx All!

I think Ill check out the origingal dawn of war and frozen synapse first. If all else fails I go to starcraft 2.
    Only death my pay for life

Dawn of War... never really liked it, too much RPG elements too little actual RTS.

You're gonna love SC2, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    Dawn of War... never really liked it, too much RPG elements too little actual RTS.

You're gonna love SC2, trust me.
    You must be talking about Dawn of War 2 then, original at least has base building.

Play Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne , u wont be dissapointed and when campaign gets u bored just play melee maps vs computers and even if that somehow gets u bored just play Dota with buddies or computers aswell
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sins of a solar empire, so much awesomeness

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Sins of a solar empire, so much awesomeness
    Yay someone else posted about sins /highfive

Starcraft 2 for sure, it's awesome.
    btw, i don't know if u'd like to play some old games , i think Rise of Nations is a good choice , it is funny