Deleted

Savage roar bugged?

I thought I was crazy. But today when we killed Alysrazor for the second time, during the burn phase, I noticed that when I use savage roar with 5 combo points I get a buff that only lasts for 21 seconds(1cp). It even happened two times in a row when i refreshed SR. I think it has happened before with other amounts of combo points too, but those times I havn't really been sure.

Anyone else noticed this?

Deleted
    I noticed that too, although I don't know exactly where ... It might be with recently spawned Hatchlings. I thought it would be some kind of grace period ... you can damage the mob but won't get the cp. So, after two crits and another strike at the add your UI says you got 5cp, but the mob only got one due to the "cp invulnerability".

Didn't track it though, so I can't say if it happened more than once and when.

I think it happens if you change targets before you use savage roar. Even if you click off the boss and target yourself or some other player it appears to only count as 1 cp... I put a ticket in a few hours ago because it happened to me too

Quote Originally Posted by wafflebuck View Post
    I think it happens if you change targets before you use savage roar. Even if you click off the boss and target yourself or some other player it appears to only count as 1 cp... I put a ticket in a few hours ago because it happened to me too
    I went to the SW training dummies, put up 5 CPs on one, went to another, targeted it, used SR, got the 5 CP duration. Repeated twice except for the second time, I targeted myself and the third time targeted nothing. All cases I got the full duration, so it isn't due to target switching.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNewbie View Post
    I went to the SW training dummies, put up 5 CPs on one, went to another, targeted it, used SR, got the 5 CP duration. Repeated twice except for the second time, I targeted myself and the third time targeted nothing. All cases I got the full duration, so it isn't due to target switching.
    I seem to recall a blue post stating this was intended behavior for combo-point "buffs" such as Slice and Dice (or Recuperate), where a person could take advantage of "loose" combo points not on the target, but damage or debuff type effects would still require direct targetting points.

But that was a post back from alpha, so I can't really say much, if the tech went that way or not.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Yeah that tech was implemented, but it doesn't appear to fully apply here in the case of Alysrazor adds; nothing was mentioned in the hotfixes and it also hasn't been reported on the official forums. But if this was indeed the case rogues would (or should, same mechanics involved) be facing similar issues with SnD and Recuperate. But nothing came up when I searched that on the official forums or here.

Perhaps just a fluke?