Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Insane Feral damage and CC

Hello everybody,

Experiencing the first day of arena, I can surely now state that ferals are SOO overpowered it's unbelievable. I'm not whining about it, im just telling the truth. I got a feral myself which i played in start of s9, and i know their mobility and damage. But this damage and fucking instant cyclones is fucking me and a lot of people in arenas.

The worst part is that the majority of ferals have frikkin' doubled over a day (season change) and i've met like atleast 10 ferals in 2s (out of 20 games) and like 7 ferals in 3s(out of 14 games) and we have lost the majority of them cuz they're tunnling me all the time (I'm a mage). They are even worse than frost dks last season, and then it's really bad. I'm playing MP in 2s and RMP in 3s and I got to tell you, we get fucking stomped by almost all teams that consist a feral that can use cyclone and shred.

In 2s the most common teams we have faced so far is; Feral/Disc, Feral/BM and Feral/Mage. The CC and burst ALL those teams have is retardedly overtuned. If ferals keep on going like this without a nerf, i'm 100% sure that we will see a feral top 5 every battlegroup, if not first.

The most common teams in 3vs3 we have faced so far is; Shadowcleave, FMP, SP/Lock/shaman, Jungle cleave (BM hunter, feral, holydin) and FMHolypala. Before, only the greatest ferals on each battlegroup managed to get gladiator but at the moment we're facing 2.2k mmr'd players who are killing us hard (we're on 2.3k mmr).

TL;DR: Ferals are growing everwhere. They are much stronger now than 4.1 due to numerous buffs. Most teams in all brackets consist of a feral the moment because they are so overpowered. Have anyone else experienced the same op-ness so far?

We didn't really recieve any major buffs as far as I can recall, we got quite a lot of scaling issues balanced out, but that was pretty much it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    We didn't really recieve any major buffs as far as I can recall, we got quite a lot of scaling issues balanced out, but that was pretty much it.
    Ravage buff, another Shred buff and berserk now lasts for 25 sec, I would call that a huge buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauroon View Post
    They are much stronger now than 4.1 due to numerous buffs.
    - 15% more FB dmg for 20 less energy
    - 5 sec longer Berserk
    - Shred, ravage and mangle doing more damage during UW proc.

I don't see how these changes would make us go from "Good-PvP-class-but-still-not-good-as-many-other-specs" to "incredible overpowered it's unbelievable".

I'm so tired of this crap every single time there's a new patch. The fact that you're a Mage almost guarantees this is a troll thread.

Deleted
    Ravage damage at level 80 and above has been increased to 950% weapon damage, up from 850%, and bonus damage has been lowered to 532.

Shred damage at level 80 and above has been increased to 540% weapon damage, up from 450%, and bonus damage has been lowered to 302.

Savage Roar now grants 80% increased damage to melee auto attacks, up from 50%. The Glyph of Savage Roar remains an unchanged bonus of 5% to that total.

Rake initial damage on hit now deals the same damage as each periodic tick (and is treated the same for all combat calculations). Periodic damage now gains 14.7% of attack power per tick, up from 12.6%, and base damage per tick has been lowered from 557 to 56. There is a known issue with Rake's tooltip being incorrect from this change will be corrected in a future patch.

Ferocious Bite damage has been increased by 15%. In addition, its base cost has been reduced to 25 energy and it can use up to 25 energy, for up to a 100% damage increase.

Glyph of Berserk duration increase is now 10 seconds, up from 5.

Glyph of Berserk duration increase is now 10 seconds, up from 5.

Mangle (Cat) damage at level 80 and above has been increased to 540% weapon damage, up from 460%, and bonus damage has been lowered to 302.

All that copied from the patch notes. As i stated SmokeyIllidan, im not qqing, im stating the fact that feral druids are in a spot much better than they should be. They have recieved buffs to things that really didnt need to be buffed like shred and ravage which already before the patch was critting for a lot. Saying im trolling because im a mage is just offending. As i said, I got a feral druid aswell which I play on and i can surely say they are overpowered.

Ferals are NOT overpowered. Just like EVERY SINGLE OTHER tier, we start off strong, because that's how Blizzard designs us, because they can't figure us out. Just like enhance shamans, we start every new tier with high DPS. As everyone else gets new gear, ourselves included, we fall further and further behind. I guarantee you, without Blizzard making a single change to our abilities, the moment that everyone else is in 378, or 391 gear, then we are back to being mediocre. A mage and a feral with the exact same item level, the mage will do over 5k more DPS then the feral, and that's an under estimate, it's usually more like 10k+ ahead of the feral.

Also, in posting those "buffs" we got. You sort of forgot to list the big STR nerf we got, which those changes were made to compensate for. You claim to have a druid but don't bring that up?

They got scaling issues fixed because they weren't scaling with the rest of the dps specs. Just a reminder, this is a pve game with pvp elements. Don't ever forget that.

Every patch theres an "op" class we just gotta learn how to counter them with the skills we have.

list of changes
    You do realise that in current gear levels our abilities will do rougly the same (ravage a few hundred less than before, shred a few hundred more etc) right?

Feral/BM in 2s can global you almost.
    through barksin+ tree of life, i ate 2 Mangle for 9k each and a FB for 27k, that under 3800 resi.
    yes, it's deadly, not completely unhealable if you're prepare through.
    it's not really the dmg buff that hurts, it's the speed buff. less energy needed for FB means you can use something else. that's why it hurts, because before, it was only FB, now it's FB + mangle in the same amount of time.
    Last edited by ragingsoul; 2011-07-06 at 11:42 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

Why is a mage letting Ferals get close to him in the first place? I don't get it

Like someone else said, you can't take patch notes out of context. You list all the buffs, but fail to mention the strength -> attack power nerf which greatly affected our dps. And in current tier gear, we are same damage as what we did before the patch was put into motion. We basically just scale better, but I don't foresee a huge difference until we are decked out with 391+.

Nobody play's 2's, I'm sorry but that's a fact. I don't even do Arena, and I'm aware of this. Not to mention Ferals were incredibly strong in 2's for ALL of 4.1, even after our mobility nerfs. So how people are just now becoming aware of this makes me wonder. 2's is not a respectable bracket. It's not intended for competition, there is no balance, that's why in order to get the gear, you have to do 3's and 5's. The only reason 2's is still around is so people don't complain that it was taken out.

I'm not going to blindly deny that some of our abilities do hit harder right now then they did in 4.1, but it's not such a glaring difference that you have to make a thread about it. 5 more seconds on Zerk, sure that's nice. Less energy cost to use bite, also very nice. The shred, ravage, mangle etc changes are basically to put them back on par due to the STR nerf. Savage roar change is nice, but I highly doubt our white attacks are that threatening in a PVP environment. At most you're dealing with a little bit longer duration on Zerk, and being hit with Bite more frequently.

Fact is, Bite should have been changed to be useful long ago. People are essentially complaining about a change that should have been done before Cata even went live. Just have to adjust to it, we actually get to do things besides bleed people now.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyIllidan View Post
    Nobody play's 2's, I'm sorry but that's a fact. I don't even do Arena, and I'm aware of this. Not to mention Ferals were incredibly strong in 2's for ALL of 4.1, even after our mobility nerfs. So how people are just now becoming aware of this makes me wonder. 2's is not a respectable bracket. It's not intended for competition, there is no balance, that's why in order to get the gear, you have to do 3's and 5's. The only reason 2's is still around is so people don't complain that it was taken out.
    so the only purpose of pvp is glad right? I'm sorry, for a moment there I thought it was because you liked it, I must have been confused.
    lots of people play in 2s, most, like me, don't aim for 3.2k rating no. and who cares? you play what you like.
    he just raised a concern, more visible in 2s than 3s or 5s, and asked a question, and you're already with the knife out trying to defend yourself, saying 2s don't count and shouldn't exist anymore. Wow..
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

I'm not whining about it, im just telling the truth.
    "I'm not killing you, I'm just stabbing you in the face with a rusty knife!"

BTT: Well everybody gets to be op sometime, and there will always be people whining about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erela View Post
    Why is a mage letting Ferals get close to him in the first place? I don't get it

Like someone else said, you can't take patch notes out of context. You list all the buffs, but fail to mention the strength -> attack power nerf which greatly affected our dps. And in current tier gear, we are same damage as what we did before the patch was put into motion. We basically just scale better, but I don't foresee a huge difference until we are decked out with 391+.
    Haha, what? Why the hell would that affect our DPS in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Haha, what? Why the hell would that affect our DPS in any way?
    Strength Weapons were sometimes better, but in PvP that rarely mattered.

OT:
    Ferals are pretty much the same as last season, they got a damage buff to make up for their scaling and the loss of AP from Stre. For a FROST MAGE to complain about damage and CC, you have to be joking. Your class is the last to have the right to complain about another for those.

TL;DR ->

+Frost Mage
    +2v2
    +Saying Feral is 'OP'
    ________
    Troll/Idiot
    ---------
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-07-07 at 03:14 AM.

a mage crying over pvp unbalance? oh wow.. blizzard better get at it.

You're a mage

you have a signature bragging about duelist

Maybe you're a joke character, but if not reconsider posts like this in the future.

tauroon learn how to play your class and stop crying you say you arent qqing but arent you and your a mage lol