Stacking Mastery

Is it still the case to stack as much Mastery as possible playing as Arcane? Just wondering if I have too much Mastery. Im not sure if there is a certain number that I should stop? Here are my stat's....

7726 Spell Power
    7.96% Haste Rating
    15.34% Hit Rating
    17.23% Crit Rating
    19.06 Mastery Rating

Armory Link, please.
    Loevty, Level 85 Troll Mage | Khazuals 2004-2011

Quote Originally Posted by Loevty View Post
    Armory Link, please.
    I would tell you to check rawr but it is too in love with haste as it always wants more haste added even with 4pc and enough haste to be globally capped with hero up. Also rating soul casket above the volcano deck is ugly to say the least. I was trying to help a friend with his toon and rawr was a total mess.

ur crit seems a lil low but overall i think u have a good balance. i sit at 25% mastery 19% base crit and 10% haste. i think around 75 or 7600 sp. oh and hit ratings about 14.75%

15+ Year Old Account
    7705 Spell Power
    8.95% (1146) Haste Rating
    16.28% (1668) Hit Rating
    15.94% (671) Crit Rating
    19.86% (2127) Mastery Rating

Here are my stats and Rawr still gives me stat weighs that value Mastery>Crit>Haste

A sim would tell you best how to gear but from my experiences it doesn't look like I am going to want to stop stacking mastery.
    -Losing 4pt11 obviously will greatly increase the value of haste which I will have to reforge for eventually.
    Jobahlie-Mage- Only of it's kind since Vanilla WoW

Deleted
    Obviously sim'ing your gear will give you the best results for what you should reforge and gem
    But if you just want rules of thumb then you should stack haste untill you have 12%~13% so your GCD with TW is 1 sec
    then stack mastery leaving whatever crit you have naturaly on gear, after 12%~13% haste, haste will go to the bottem of your list

Unless its an alt who you dont raid much with and only for fun (not progression) do not take this as the way to go, definitly sim it
    you have 4 replys here and we all probably have different stat weights

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    I would tell you to check rawr but it is too in love with haste as it always wants more haste added even with 4pc and enough haste to be globally capped with hero up. Also rating soul casket above the volcano deck is ugly to say the least. I was trying to help a friend with his toon and rawr was a total mess.
    So, I should balance/reforge my character arround the one interval of 40 seconds when I have an extra 30% Haste?

So, I should balance/reforge my character arround the one interval of 40 seconds when I have an extra 30% Haste?
    in a word: yes.

You should pop all your CDs during that 40 seconds (AP / Mana gem / Trinkets /etc.); and due to the increased casting time and stacking of CDs you should have a significantly higher amount of DPS during that phase, more than you are imagining; during this phase you should be able to get out like 35+ Arcane Blasts; and of those many are going to have large damage modifiers / increased Spell power. Haste isn't useless after that; its just less valuable per point compared to Crit and Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombikilla View Post
    in a word: yes.

You should pop all your CDs during that 40 seconds (AP / Mana gem / Trinkets /etc.); and due to the increased casting time and stacking of CDs you should have a significantly higher amount of DPS during that phase, more than you are imagining; during this phase you should be able to get out like 35+ Arcane Blasts; and of those many are going to have large damage modifiers / increased Spell power. Haste isn't useless after that; its just less valuable per point compared to Crit and Mastery.
    Can you play my character for me too please?

Can you play my character for me too please?
    wow... what a cock bag!