Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

14-Year-Old Shoots Gay Classmate To Death

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,5925781.story

http://www.scpr.org/news/2011/07/05/onxard-teen-faces-trial-gay-classmate-killing/

The story here is a sad one. A little boy named Lawrence King was undoubtedly and unabashedly gay. He was teased a lot during his short life for his effeminate ways. Finally, in the weeks leading up to the shooting, he starting owning his sexuality. He started dressing in heels and wearing makeup. Some say he started to say to other boys, "I love you."

Brandon McInerney, another boy, shot him twice in the head during a computer class.

The prosecution of this case revolves not around Brandon's guilt, but motive. District Attorneys contend that Brandon admired White Supremacy, and a tenet of those beliefs is that gays are abhorrent and worthless. The defense argues that young Larry's homosexual advances drove Brandon to an emotional breaking point, which ultimately led to the shooting.

I'm interested to hear everyone's opinion on this case.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2011-07-07 at 05:46 AM. Reason: added link

Life in prison.

Enjoy. Murder is never acceptable, especially not when the excuse is as pathetic as someone hitting on you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that is really sad.

I hope that kid gets life in prison. There are few times where I think that the kid was unaware of what they are doing, but this kid very well knew what he was doing, and very well knew the motive behind it. He should be punished for life for his crimes. To hell with this kid.

This kid can rot.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

lol some guy who testified's name is "Jesus C."

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Life in prison.

Enjoy. Murder is never acceptable, especially not when the excuse is as pathetic as someone hitting on you.
    We can only hope.

I think the appropriate phrase is, "he mad"

While the assailant was irrational and deserves to be beaten within an inch of his life by every straight white male there is...

The victim should know when hes gone to far. I have nothing wrong with homsexuality or transvestites/transgender and all that whatnot, but wearing female garbs and telling other males that he loves them is rather out of place in itself. ESPECIALLY when your in high school, thats just stupid.

Not saying he deserved it at all, but thats not something you do in a high school without expecting some abuse. But this abuse was to far i believe...

Motivation should RARELY if ever effect the sentence, should the victim be black, white, straight, gay, russian, american, irish ect.
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

Brandon looked like a little stupid punk kid at 14, a trouble maker. No I'm not saying he was, but he sure looked like the kind of kid that picks on others. Poor kid didn't deserve to die so young.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2011-07-07 at 05:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    enjoy rotting in prison, brat.
    archdruid valentyne -- kel'thuzad, us | RP & M+ PVE

10+ Year Old Account
    dang that sucks. How about life in prison for him and his parents too? Obviously they're the ones to blame. Although I can't help but feel like maybe we should kind of go easy on a 14 year old, but then again they're not that dumb at that age.

I dunno. I say fuck it just throw the family in jail together, then they can have a happy prison family life. Sarcasm on happy

10+ Year Old Account
    Hes getting life in prison, but how did he get the gun in the first place?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    While the assailant was irrational and deserves to be beaten within an inch of his life by every straight white male there is...

The victim should know when hes gone to far. I have nothing wrong with homsexuality or transvestites/transgender and all that whatnot, but wearing female garbs and telling other males that he loves them is rather out of place in itself. ESPECIALLY when your in high school, thats just stupid.

Not saying he deserved it at all, but thats not something you do in a high school without expecting some abuse. But this abuse was to far i believe...
    How is that out of place if that's how he feels? Does he go to you telling you that you wearing traditional "male" garbs, and teling females that you love them is out of place? I bet you that he does not.

There is only one victim here and that is the student who was shot. There is no letting the victim know "he's gone too far" just because he has feelings. Imagine if females did that every time guys made an advance made on them?

Pretty much every single guy I know would be riddled with bullets if that were the case.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowlich View Post
    Hes getting life in prison, but how did he get the gun in the first place?
    It's the US. Probably his parent's gun.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

15+ Year Old Account
    He didn't deserve it, but come on. You don't ware makeup and heels to school as a boy even if you're gay.

Life in Prison.

-14 is old enough to understand the concepts of murder and death.
    -Even though the victim telling other boys he loves them is inappropriate(as inappropriate as a straight boy saying it to a girl), it certainly does not justify murder, or even any kind of physical response.
    -Even though much of what we believe is based on culture and our upbringing, this kind of cold blooded murder of another human cannot be tolerated at all.

As for those commenting that he shouldn't dress like that... well, if he doesn't want to get picked on, then sure. Kids pick on other kids who are vastly different than others, that's true whether your straight or not. However, I personally make no distinction between a gay kid dressing up in heels, and a straight kid with Emo look, which I consider pretty ridiculous myself. Would I rip on an Emo for dressing in a manner that makes me facepalm? No, because I don't believe it's right to. If he asks, "Do I like stupid", I will tell them I personally think so, but I wouldn't treat this individual any differently or openly single them out in a negative way due to their style. People really need to learn tolerance. You don't have to like something, but you don't need to be a dick about it either.
    Last edited by Knightsun; 2011-07-07 at 05:39 AM.

i have to ask, where the hell were the victims parents? i mean, come on, WTF, 14 year old crossdressing and they didn't stop him? why!?
    "There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
    — Patrick Rothfuss (The Kingkiller Chronicle)

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Being hit on by another dude led to an "emotional breaking point"? Horrible defense. Hope he goes to jail for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gay or not, a male wearing female clothing is ridiculous in a place of education. Girls aren't typically allowed to reveal their breasts/midriffs, so is that against their rights as well? Eventually a clear line has to be drawn here. The kid didn't deserve to die, don't get me wrong, you just can't expect "nothing" to happen given everything that occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    He didn't deserve it, but come on. You don't ware makeup and heels to school as a boy even if you're gay.
    Of course you don't. You do you're going to attract attention and yeah get picked on no question. That part in all honestly was funny when I read it and if someone did that when I was in school I would have started laughing as well. But really murdering the poor kid? That's crossing the line big time.