Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    this is crazy.. but i remember back when i was in school i had a homosexual constantly coming on to me, harrassing me and so on, one day he grabbed my ass and i hurt him really bad after, not just cos of that but cos of the 6 months i put up with him, the ass-gran probly just threw me over the edge.. but it may sound harsh that i put him in hospital.. but sometimes ppl are brought to do really stupid things, like this shooting. I should also say im a very gentle person i was never a bully and that ws the only fight ive ever been into when i was in school.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Two stupid, naive kids. Where's the real problem here? That one of them was able to get a handgun. I wonder if anyone will get punished for that.
    that has been a problem in USA since Columbine (actually, before that, i'm sure) but they wont do shit about it

Anyway, i keep wondering WTF was wrong with the parents, letting the kid go to school cross dressing
    "There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
    — Patrick Rothfuss (The Kingkiller Chronicle)

15+ Year Old Account
    If King didn't violate any of the school rules about dress code, then I see no reason why he wouldn't be allowed to wear high heels or make-up. It is his choice to do so. While I understand that yes people are definitely going to make fun of him or stare, I applaud him for being that courageous. To be yourself, especially so young, is...admirable.

Personally, I agree with others' opinions about life in prison. While I doubt that article gave the complete story (and we will never honestly know exactly what happened), the shooter has no reason to do what he did. Shooting someone simply because they want to be themselves is not justifiable.

ya... while this is a terrible crime, its a 14 year old. how much of an opinion is really his own? im guessing there is a much larger parent component to this story. was he just doing what he thought they would want? wanted to impress his dad? saying a 14 year old should "rot in prison" is a little much.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, high school sucks. Your whole life everything is just trying to censor you, and for what? You go to highschool and see the worst things in your life ALL at ONCE. Violence, sex, intolerance.

I mean, I've got to say, it wasn't the best idea to be saying "I love you" to people. I wish we could live in a world where highschool was as well kept as it should be, but it isn't. I mean I'd at least have someone stop the poor gay boy so that people at least don't you know, beat them up. It really sucks but that's the way stuff works. I kinda wish highschool wasn't the scum of the earth though, it's just ridiculous what goes on in there. Stuff no normal person would see that often after 20 +

but the main point is we just need to fix every kid and person from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    He didn't deserve it, but come on. You don't ware makeup and heels to school as a boy even if you're gay.
    Wait, that gives someone the right to kill him?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wowzorz View Post
    So what if the kid dressed in high heels and said "I love you". That kid who did it is a punk, if i was in that situation with the gay boy doing that to me i would've simply tell him to stop that cause i felt uncomfortable, if he continued just take it up with the teachers or principle, or if he pissed me off so much i'd just beat him up so he'd stop messing with me. I wouldn't go to that extreme and take a life, i have better things to do in life than that shit. Simple as that.

And the kid deserves life in prison, he knew what he was getting himself into from the beginning by bringing a gun to school. Rot in there you punk
    Yes, giving that boy a very stern 'get away from me' is probably what any one in such positions should do. If they feel uncomfortable with it. The point is, that both parties in question took it way too far. If he had been less liberal with it, these events may not have transpired. A high school tends to be a rather unforgiving climate for these things. It is just common sense.

Of course, this kid is apparently a closeted Nazi, so...

If women killed every man that hit on them there'd hardly be anyone left.

Can not see how they could go for a voluntary manslaughter case as the defendant does not appear to be of diminished mental capacity (in form of a condition) nor self defense (not in bodily danger). Going after provocation should not apply either as there was plenty of reasonable period to calm down or seek other avenues unless the defendant naturally carries a gun around with him. If he had done the killing say with a knife which he ran and grabbed within a short period of a "advance" then ya could see a voluntary case.

This was flat out murder as he would have needed to plan on getting a gun, bringing it to school etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    If King didn't violate any of the school rules about dress code, then I see no reason why he wouldn't be allowed to wear high heels or make-up. It is his choice to do so. While I understand that yes people are definitely going to make fun of him or stare, I applaud him for being that courageous. To be yourself, especially so young, is...admirable.

Personally, I agree with others' opinions about life in prison. While I doubt that article gave the complete story (and we will never honestly know exactly what happened), the shooter has no reason to do what he did. Shooting someone simply because they want to be themselves is not justifiable.
    wait, so you applaud him for a behavior that most likely got him killed? please be trolling
    "There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
    — Patrick Rothfuss (The Kingkiller Chronicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    It most certainly doesnt. But you dont go to high school in high heels, make up, and tell every boy you love them without expecting to get the living bajesus beaten out of you.

And:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    he literally just said that the kid didn't deserve to die, pal D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    he literally just said that the kid didn't deserve to die, pal D:

While such vivid expressions of self on the part of the victim were probably unwise, there is absolutely no question that the assailant's response was utterly unacceptable. This is in no possible way a justification for murder or assault of any kind.

Though I do wonder about some other circumstances, ableit trivial ones in light of the murder. Wonder what the victim's parents thought of his behaviour?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    I can agree with this, but the kid surely does deserve to rot in prison. Since Hell is a make believe place, prison is more fitting.
    It's a saying. 'Rot in prison' doesn't sound nearly as serious as 'rot in hell,' even though as an atheist, I don't believe in hell. You know what I mean. He deserves to rot.

also, i know people will probably hate me for saying it, but i think the whole "increased punishments for hate crimes" thing is a joke. he killed a kid, doesn't matter if it was because he didn't like how he did his hair or because he was gay... murder is murder.

Definitely a showcase of intolerance, and while sometimes people expressing their...individuality annoy the heck out of me, the shooter deserves life in prison.

The thing about being 'increased because of a hate crime', it's meant more to help prosecution in my understanding. There are levels of murder that aren't treated as severe, such as self defense or even passion and insanity, but with that there has to be increased levels as well. Increasing the 'level' allows for stronger prosecution. I'm all for any buzzwords they want to use to get him behind bars.
    Last edited by Zyzzyx; 2011-07-07 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidorenko View Post
    Motivation should RARELY if ever effect the sentence, should the victim be black, white, straight, gay, russian, american, irish ect.
    Exactly. While it's important to understand motives for crimes for sociological reasons, motives shouldn't have an effect on the sentence. The crime of a hate crime is the crime. Hatred, justified or not, is not only legal, but a freedom most civilizations recognize.
    Sell the Vatican, Feed the World

Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    It's a saying. 'Rot in prison' doesn't sound nearly as serious as 'rot in hell,' even though as an atheist, I don't believe in hell. You know what I mean. He deserves to rot.
    Well all our bodies will rot when we die... Even mummies. And Lenin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    If women killed every man that hit on them there'd hardly be anyone left.
    The opposite also applies.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    It most certainly doesnt. But you dont go to high school in high heels, make up, and tell every boy you love them without expecting to get the living bajesus beaten out of you.

And:
    Who cares? If that's how he decides to dress so be it, that doesn't invite people to beat him up or kill him.