Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Obnoxious, impersonal, and devoid of romance, in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Pass. I can see how some chicks would be holyshit over that, but if it were me I probably would have looked at him and thought to myself "Does he know me at all"?

Quote Originally Posted by Grail View Post
    Obnoxious, impersonal, and devoid of romance, in my opinion.
    Convincing a game studio to spend a week making a video for you, with a character from a game that's a favorite to the both of you and something you started the growth of the relationship on, and doing it in a room full of your friends is none of those things.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Convincing a game studio to spend a week making a video for you, with a character from a game that's a favorite to the both of you and something you started the growth of the relationship on, and doing it in a room full of your friends is none of those things.
    That's your opinion. I can see that, but not everyone's idea of a good proposal is the same. If you were talking about how to make a proposal that's relevant to the relationship then that's what the thread should be about and it should include lots of other proposals instead of just ONE that is up for criticism.

EDIT: Also, if that's what this guy did, there's no way this is a 'modest' proposal.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2011-07-07 at 07:54 AM.

Chrono Trigger proposal is better. It's on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    I'm going to suggest you work on your reading comprehension. When you're done, go back and notice that I qualified my statement with the words "in my opinion".

*To me*, intimacy, and creating the right circumstances yourself, trumps farming the work out to someone else, then putting the poor girl on the spot in front of a crowd and simply waiting for a reply. That's about as lame as it gets.

I can see we have different tastes and sensibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    That's your opinion. I can see that, but not everyone's idea of a good proposal is the same. If you were talking about how to make a proposal that's relevant to the relationship then that's what the thread should be about and it should include lots of other proposals instead of just ONE that is up for criticism.

EDIT: Also, if that's what this guy did, there's no way this is a 'modest' proposal.
    Of course everyone's idea is different. If you'd bothered to read the articles though, you'd have seen this was indeed one that's relevant to the relationship, and really rather unique at that.

I can see where it would he ho-hum and underwhelming for some though. Perhaps you should help spice up the thread by telling us all about your engagement and how it went down? Same with the other no-doubt... erm... fine and sensible gal that's replied.

This is truly wierd. But if she likes it and if it helps him to get a YES from her... then by all means

Quote Originally Posted by Grail View Post
    I'm going to suggest you work on your reading comprehension. When you're done, go back and notice that I qualified my statement with the words "in my opinion".
    That was clearly my fault. It seems I didn't add "in my opinion" to my statement, so I couldn't possibly have been stating my own, and not necessarily saying that you were somehow wrong in any way.

Don't let that stop you from being a snarky cow though.

Lol, that's exactly what you were doing. Don't try to weasel your way out of it, you little liar. You're just mad because nobody agrees with your bad taste, hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I came here expecting an actual discussion on "A Modest Proposal" by Jonathan Swift.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    People around here are disturbingly close-minded.

10+ Year Old Account
    I approve of Claptrap.
    I find it mildly funny that she would like that proposal, but hey, apparently she said yes, so congratz to them.

That being said, it was still amusing. Claptrap is probably the most awesome character ever invented. Yes, I did say that.
    Last edited by HazardYo; 2011-07-07 at 08:51 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Discipline priests we heard you like shields that heal, so we put shield in your shield so you can heal while you heal.
    For the first half of geological time our ancestors were bacteria. Most creatures still are bacteria, and each one of our trillions of cells is a colony of bacteria.
    Richard Dawkins

It's special to the couple. Whether you find it romantic or not is completely irrelevant. It's not for you, and nobody cares if you find it insensitive. Go away.

That said, I applaud Gearbox for doing this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I came here expecting an actual discussion on "A Modest Proposal" by Jonathan Swift.
    Heh.

I wouldn't call this a modest proposal; fancy perhaps, but not modest. It's not my taste, but if it suites them; then that's fine by me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotharion View Post
    It's special to the couple. Whether you find it romantic or not is completely irrelevant. It's not for you, and nobody cares if you find it insensitive. Go away.

That said, I applaud Gearbox for doing this.
    What the hell is the point of a thread if people aren't allowed to disagree with it? This isn't a place to feed an ego. If anything disagreements make things to some people even more important. It gives you something to fight for.

I agree that this proposal was right for this couple. For me, it wouldn't be, I'm just a different kind of person. THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

What the hell is the point of a thread if people aren't allowed to disagree with it? This isn't a place to feed an ego. If anything disagreements make things to some people even more important. It gives you something to fight for.

I agree that this proposal was right for this couple. For me, it wouldn't be, I'm just a different kind of person. THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.
    You inserted yourself into the situation, and (obviously) concluded that you would not have liked his method of proposal.

That's an incredibly redundant observation. You should have just said "nope, not for me", you didn't have to be so virile about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotharion View Post
    You inserted yourself into the situation, and (obviously) concluded that you would not have liked his method of proposal.

That's an incredibly redundant observation. You should have just said "nope, not for me", you didn't have to be so virile about it.
    I'm wondering what that makes of your post(s).

10+ Year Old Account
    Just, please, let it drop.
    We understood you wouldn't like it and that's not the point of this thread anywho.
    So yea, just stop.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Discipline priests we heard you like shields that heal, so we put shield in your shield so you can heal while you heal.
    For the first half of geological time our ancestors were bacteria. Most creatures still are bacteria, and each one of our trillions of cells is a colony of bacteria.
    Richard Dawkins