Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I liked it. Funny and fresh in my opinion.

If it matched their relationship then even better.

Deleted
    That's sweet

Seriously, not everyone wants the one knee treatment, some couples have an odd sense of humor, so this might be just what she wanted. Besides, it's fairly memorable and quirky:P

I don't think the title of this thread was "Would you say yes to this?" It was just like, "OHAI! Look what I found!"

The thing is, it WAS very personal, obviously, if she enjoyed it and you didn't, which in turn, makes it romantic. It wasn't the same old, played out deal. He thought outside the box, and tried HARD. Props man.

Would I have done it? NO. Cause I wasn't dating said chick. This guy wasn't proposing to you. So of course it isn't what you envisioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

My BF found this proposal on some site or other (i-am-bored.com maybe?) a while back, and showed it to me. We both thought it was a great idea, and gave the guy serious credit for both coming up with it and actually getting it accomplished. The whole hearts-and-flowers down on one knee thing is nice and all, but for a couple like these two who play that game together a lot, something like this is a thousand times better. It's not Hallmark, it's personal. It's not the commonly accepted view of what romance should be, it's actual romance. It's doing the one thing that will put a smile on your intended's face more than any other.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I came here expecting an actual discussion on "A Modest Proposal" by Jonathan Swift.
    What he said...alas! Fun vid though
    Kolopotho: I will find it incredibly shocking and rare if some guy walks up to a girl in a pub and says "i play a level 80 druid in world of warcraft" to which she will respond with "TAKE ME NOW".

Quote Originally Posted by Liagala View Post
    My BF found this proposal on some site or other (i-am-bored.com maybe?) a while back, and showed it to me. We both thought it was a great idea, and gave the guy serious credit for both coming up with it and actually getting it accomplished. The whole hearts-and-flowers down on one knee thing is nice and all, but for a couple like these two who play that game together a lot, something like this is a thousand times better. It's not Hallmark, it's personal. It's not the commonly accepted view of what romance should be, it's actual romance. It's doing the one thing that will put a smile on your intended's face more than any other.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Different strokes for different folks, people. Whatever turns you on.

While my wife loves wow, she probably wouldn't have necessarily enjoyed a wow themed proposal. Maybe, but prolly not.

However, she was also addicted to the show ER, and I'm pretty sure that if I could have somehow gotten a thing thrown in at the end of one of those episodes similar to this type thing, with the cast informing her that I was proposing, she would have been blown the hell away.

This isn't so different the proposing on a jumbotron or something at the big game, cept it took WAY more string pulling and work, I'd wager.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Lotharion View Post
    That said, I applaud Gearbox for doing this.
    Yes. I saw it and thought it was awfully nice of them. Especially nowadays, it was great to see that a company would spend their resources just for a shot at helping someone out. If nothing else it's something that'll be out there forever, and a lot more memorable than your typical cliched ring in a champagne glass at a restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhaz View Post
    I wouldn't call this a modest proposal; fancy perhaps, but not modest.
    It just happened to be what they named the video, hence the subject line.

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    What the hell is the point of a thread if people aren't allowed to disagree with it?
    Well, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure there was anything to agree or disagree about. It was really something I saw someone post about on Facebook, I thought it was neat, and decided to share it, having not readily recalled a thread about it. It wasn't meant to be "WOW GAIZ, THIS IS THE MORE ROMANTIC THING EVER DONE FOR ANYONE EVER LOOK!" It was "hey, that guy knew how to get something special done for his particular relationship.

It wouldn't have been right for you, and that's fine. It absolutely would not have been right for me fiancee and I either. However, that doesn't mean I can't think it was just peaches for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    I don't think the title of this thread was "Would you say yes to this?" It was just like, "OHAI! Look what I found!"

The thing is, it WAS very personal, obviously, if she enjoyed it and you didn't, which in turn, makes it romantic. It wasn't the same old, played out deal. He thought outside the box, and tried HARD. Props man.

Would I have done it? NO. Cause I wasn't dating said chick. This guy wasn't proposing to you. So of course it isn't what you envisioned.
    Exactly.

Thankfully some people have a modicum of basic comprehension before they go into mooing cow mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Grail View Post
    Lol, that's exactly what you were doing. Don't try to weasel your way out of it, you little liar. You're just mad because nobody agrees with your bad taste, hehe.
    Actually as it would turn out, people were able to comprehend the rather simple point of the thread, unlike you, which is funny because you seem to think other people lack reading comprehension. I'm also not exactly sure where it is I have "bad taste" unless you wanted to start and argument about "what defines a neat thing on the internet," which would be kinda dumb.

I'd ask you about how your engagement was, but I suspect there hasn't been one and isn't one on the horizons. Happy people tend to enjoy seeing other people being happy.

I have nothing I'm trying to "weasel out of," as I stand by everything I've said.

Moo on, though. Moo on.

I feel like I'm forgetting something in closing though... let's see... Is this the point where I throw in "hehe?" Sorry, I don't generally produce such idiocy, but in my effort to communicate clearly with you I'm trying to step it down a few pegs. If there's some pointers or proper etiquette for that sort of thing, let me know.

They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxzOI...layer_embedded

this is the video of the proposal itself, i think it worked

there is also mario propsal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_CxFnKrMBw

and some other ;]
    google maps

pokemon :>

groupon
    Last edited by L05_PL; 2011-07-07 at 04:23 PM.

No. Pass. I can see how some chicks would be holyshit over that, but if it were me I probably would have looked at him and thought to myself "Does he know me at all"?
    Someone is jelly they've never been asked to be married.

What a sweet son of a bitch, if you actually read the articles then you'd know that this hit the spot for the broad.

Quote Originally Posted by L05_PL View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxzOI...layer_embedded

Indeed it did. That video was also in one of the articles originally posted.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is adorable, creative, and sweet. I don't believe in marriage, but that is definitely the way to do it. That man gets points for being one of the greatest boyfriends (or rather husbands I suppose) ever. *nods*

Quote Originally Posted by Fhaz View Post
    I'm wondering what that makes of your post(s).

Are you calling me redundant? I'll have you know that I try something different every day!

No. Pass. I can see how some chicks would be holyshit over that, but if it were me I probably would have looked at him and thought to myself "Does he know me at all"?
    Get over it. you don't like Borderlands, we get it. I bet if you had a bf and he proposed to you via some WoW video, you'd probably wet yourself because evidently you love it so much you put your lame character as a signature.

Sorry, I was being an ass.
    Last edited by Courierrawr; 2011-07-08 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by L05_PL View Post

there is also mario propsal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_CxFnKrMBw
    I loved this, if I don't get a Legend of Zelda themed proposal I'm saying no.

To people saying this is a bad proposal, I laugh at you, my dad threw my moms ring in a bag of meat and that was it. This was thought out.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing to me that I'm not allowed to disagree without having my love life called into question. I never once questioned why this was good or bad for the couple. If anything, I definitely defended that this was great for that couple, it just wasn't something I would want. Yeah, so I also defended people's rights to disagree. Pretty sure there's no harm and no foul here. I also mentioned in my previous posts that this was by no means a modest proposal, this guy definitely went above and beyond the call of a proposal. Last I checked, that was a compliment.

I cannot believe how nasty people are being to me about this, and the only reason I'm back in this thread is because I have actually been PM'd and informed of what a terrible bitch I am over this. This is dumb, I haven't done anything that was against the couple. I complimented his effort and I stated how I saw that would be meaningful for them. I can't believe I'm being attacked for what I would personally prefer. I can't believe I'm being PM'd over this because people want my response to them being nasty to me in a thread.

On top of which, that isn't my character in my signature, it's just some random WoW character I threw into a picture because I really like Firefly. I don't even have a Blood Elf Hunter.

So thanks, Courierrawr for PM'ing me to inform me that I am a bitch and will never get married. Why you were so needy to get a response from me for you insulting me, I do not know, but I'm pretty sure I have yet to insult anyone in this thread despite all the shit that's been thrown at me. I should report you for harassment, but you know what, I'm just not going to.

Thanks for calling me a bitch though, that was really keen of you despite that I'd never said a personal word against anyone in this thread.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2011-07-08 at 04:32 AM.

It's amazing to me that I'm not allowed to disagree without having my love life called into question. I never once questioned why this was good or bad for the couple. If anything, I definitely defended that this was great for that couple, it just wasn't something I would want. Yeah, so I also defended people's rights to disagree. Pretty sure there's no harm and no foul here. I also mentioned in my previous posts that this was by no means a modest proposal, this guy definitely went above and beyond the call of a proposal. Last I checked, that was a compliment.

I cannot believe how nasty people are being to me about this, and the only reason I'm back in this thread is because I have actually been PM'd and informed of what a terrible bitch I am over this. This is dumb, I haven't done anything that was against the couple. I complimented his effort and I stated how I saw that would be meaningful for them. I can't believe I'm being attacked for what I would personally prefer. I can't believe I'm being PM'd over this because people want my response to them being nasty to me in a thread.

On top of which, that isn't my character in my signature, it's just some random WoW character I threw into a picture because I really like Firefly. I don't even have a Blood Elf Hunter.

So thanks, Courierrawr for PM'ing me to inform me that I am a bitch and will never get married. Why you were so needy to get a response from me for you insulting me, I do not know, but I'm pretty sure I have yet to insult anyone in this thread despite all the shit that's been thrown at me. I should report you for harassment, but you know what, I'm just not going to.

Thanks for calling me a bitch though, that was really keen of you despite that I'd never said a personal word against anyone in this thread.
    I apologize, I shouldn't have said that stuff.

Like some other dude said, it's not about agreeing or disagreeing. It just seems incredibly redundant to say "it would've made me wonder if he really knows me". PMing/name calling is going too far, though.

So, hug time?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotharion View Post
    Are you calling me redundant? I'll have you know that I try something different every day!
    No, not really. But now that you have thinking about that I've come to the conclusion that that's always being the case for all of us... but I'm drifting of, I was aiming for the fact that your post(s) were simply the same thing, just from the other side of the pond.

Trying something different is good, trying something different that scares the death out of you is better... (For as long as you survive...)

your title reminds me a novel which says that people should kill their baby to solve their hungry problems so that they can survive.