Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator and Fan CPU Cooler
    Fitment For AMD AM3, AM2+, AM2 & Intel 1366, 1156/5, 775 Socket Processors

£67.99 inc vat
    (£56.66 ex vat)

Corsair H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
    Fitment for AMD AM2 AM3 & Intel 2011, 1366, 1156/5, 775 Socket Processors

£78.50 inc vat
    (£65.42 ex vat)

Noctua fans range between £14 and £17 apparently....
    Yeah I got confused with pounds and dollars for a moment there. Still, two Noctua Fans make tha H80 significantly more expensive than a nhd14.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    I realize you're from the UK, so I'll let you do your own hunting, but these things are cheap and INSANELY reliable.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-095-_-Product
    Novatech don't even stock Mushkin.

At any rate looking at the newegg price those would work out at about £70... which is more than the G.Skill ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Novatech don't even stock Mushkin.

At any rate looking at the newegg price those would work out at about £70... which is more than the G.Skill ones.
    Very well then.

i use the previous version of Corsairs watercooling system (H50? i think), and while it provides excellent cooling, guess what... you dont have to clean it!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hovsa View Post
    i use the previous version of Corsairs watercooling system (H50? i think), and while it provides excellent cooling, guess what... you dont have to clean it!!!!!
    Still have to clean the RAD :P
    But yeah certainly the Hydro series offers great cooling without possibly obstructing your RAM slots. Which is why I was looking at it.

Vs the H80? You know what my answer will be.
    Noctua NH-D14.
    It's not that I defend my choices in hardware, it's about me choosing the right hardware to begin with

The RAM by the way i'm looking to get is 2x
    G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz Dual Channel Kit
    1333Hz RAM Speed, CAS 9-9-9-24 Timings, 1.5 -1.65v VDIMM, Supports Intel i5 processors, Lifetime Warranty with G.Skill.

£67.00 inc vat - each
    (£55.83 ex vat - each)
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/264750

Do I win a cookie? Cheaper and faster!
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/264750

Do I win a cookie? Cheaper and faster!
    Sure you would.... except for me being well... me :P and only buying from Novatech :P (since I pay exVAT prices up front, rather than claiming it back 3-6months later) And that that particular RAM has already been selected later in the thread :P

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    im getting the h100 when it get`s in stock here in denmark. should be around the 14/7 and i realy don`t care if it doesn`t cool as well as the D14.

the D14 realy looks like shit and is way TO BIG for my taste
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    im getting the h100 when it get`s in stock here in denmark. should be around the 14/7 and i realy don`t care if it doesn`t cool as well as the D14.

Fortunately, the Corsair H100 will outperform the NH-D14 if nothing goes wrong. It's essentially two H70's on one cooler. I can't imagine any air cooler will get remotely close to the H100 in terms of performance.

Sure you would.... except for me being well... me :P and only buying from Novatech :P (since I pay exVAT prices up front, rather than claiming it back 3-6months later) And that that particular RAM has already been selected later in the thread :P
    D: well i'm saving you 22p excl. VAT on the nova tech site, with the VAT from the ebuyer site!
    But yeah, I did see the 1600MHz ones posted slightly later on, after I re-read :P

Also @ Fuzzy, that's the cheapest RAM (the ripjawX) you can get with considering Price/Performance that you can get in the UK
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2011-07-08 at 02:41 PM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    D: well i'm saving you 22p excl. VAT on the nova tech site, with the VAT from the ebuyer site!
    But yeah, I did see the 1600MHz ones posted slightly later on, after I re-read :P

Also @ Fuzzy, that's the cheapest RAM you can get with considering Price/Performance that you can get in the UK
    Also means I have to wait 3-6months to get the VAT from Ebuyer back, plus i'd rather buy from Novatech than Ebuyer anyway even if it cost me £5 more. Purely because I know with Novatech if something goes wrong it'll get sorted. Fast! Unlike Ebuyer which like PCWorld/Currys etc... is basically a box mover and doesn't really give a hoot as long as they've made a sale.

Also Fuzzy's from the wrong side of the pond

As for cheap RAM that really depends how much of it you need, like I said for me the G.Skill is the cheapest I can get for that speed (DDR3) and size.

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post

... What. You think the NH-D14 is uglier than the hydro-series? What?
    And smaller than the 240-RAD H100? What?

Fortunately, the Corsair H100 will outperform the NH-D14 if nothing goes wrong. It's essentially two H70's on one cooler. I can't imagine any air cooler will get remotely close to the H100 in terms of performance.
    I'm seriously doubting it will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post

Why's that. It's the SAME thing as a custom 240 loop. (Which we can both agree on, is superior to the NH-D14) Additionally, based on "heatsink basics 101", the fact that the H70 is only slightly behind the NHD14, doubling the surface area should push it significantly ahead. (Obviously your returns won't even close to double, but as it stands, it's only 6-7 degrees behind.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Which you can "hide" away at the top or bottom of your case :P Rather than placing it right in the middle in-front of everything :P

And actually yeah :P i'd rather go for the H100 because it's black :P it goes with my case lol :P

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

as djinni said
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    For the record, anyone who hates on the NH-D14's appearance, I hate you with a passion. It's a beautiful piece of engineering , and I'd be happy to show off the cooler in front of my case. Also, the fans can be replaced, if you're not akin to the beige.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the record, anyone who hates on the NH-D14's appearance, I hate you with a passion. It's a beautiful piece of engineering , and I'd be happy to show off the cooler in front of my case. Also, the fans can be replaced, if you're not akin to the beige.
    Allow me to pose a scenario if you will:

Me: "I've just spent £70 on a Noctua NH-D14 CPU cooler, I'm now going to spend another £20-£30 replacing the fans with ones that do the same job just as well in a different colour."
    Friend: "Or you could have just spent £80 getting a Corsair H100 which comes in a colour you actually like!"

(For the record, I have no problem with the engineering, but unless they can prove that the colour choice makes even 1C difference i'm going to keep not liking the colour choice )

EDIT: £20 - £30 is probably a little on the conservative side, maybe £25 - £40

Deleted
    Allow me to pose a scenario if you will:

Me: "I've just spent £70 on a Noctua NH-D14 CPU cooler, I'm now going to spend another £20-£30 replacing the fans with ones that do the same job just as well in a different colour."
    Friend: "Or you could have just spent £80 getting a Corsair H100 which comes in a colour you actually like!"
    I guess the color doesn't
    But replacing noctua fans from what I read would be stupid, that notched edge thing they have seems to account for a lot less noise...

Also means I have to wait 3-6months to get the VAT from Ebuyer back, plus i'd rather buy from Novatech than Ebuyer anyway even if it cost me £5 more. Purely because I know with Novatech if something goes wrong it'll get sorted. Fast! Unlike Ebuyer which like PCWorld/Currys etc... is basically a box mover and doesn't really give a hoot as long as they've made a sale.

Also Fuzzy's from the wrong side of the pond

As for cheap RAM that really depends how much of it you need, like I said for me the G.Skill is the cheapest I can get for that speed (DDR3) and size.
    Hmm, not had a problem with Ebuyer myself, oh well, company loyalty I guess :P. And yarr, I know Fuzzy's from the US, so I don't blame him... I think pretty much the only place you can get Mushkins in the UK is from aria.co.uk , they're not on my other usual browse-at-components-sites.