10+ Year Old Account

Motorsport Fans?

Just wondering if anyone out there was a big motorsport fan, or works in motorsport?

I'm an Automotive Engineer and have just arrived back from the Nurburgring with a Formula 3 team from their race weekend, what a great experience!

I guess this can include you yanks who like cars driving around an oval circuit ( :P ), but it's not quite the same thing, nowhere near the level of precision involved in setting up Formula cars of any spec.

Any of you MMO-C readers planning on watching the F1 this weekend. Wish I could go as I only live 15 minutes from Silverstone, but I'm off to Anglesey then Cornwall.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I'm a kinda of a big one here. I mostly follow the US based series such as IndyCar, ALMS, Grand-Am, and even at times the abomination that is NASCAR. Although we're kind of in the boring stretches of rather unexciting races to watch for IMHO.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    At least some people agree that NASCAR isn't "all that"!

I took an American out on the track once, here in the UK, he didn't like the corners
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    At least some people agree that NASCAR isn't "all that"!

I took an American out on the track once, here in the UK, he didn't like the corners
    Makes me wonder how the heck a few certain American racing series got popular because they run on course that are made of shapes that don't even have corners...

I'm not that into F1 because I'm not a big fan of the racing series that race in cars that don't even look like cars, not to be offensive. And seeing Vettel win this many races in a single season is reminiscent of deja vu that occured last year in the Grand-Am series with the Ganassi team winning almost every race in the season... And obvious seeing racing seasons where one team wins almost every race doesn't make for a fun series.

And Kubica definitely needs to make a return to F1 once he fully recovers from that horrific accident he got into earlier this year.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to watch Supercross, Motocross, Offroad racing with the trophy trucks, and Monster trucks.
    I don't like NASCAR and i am not really a fan of formula racing but do not hate it.

NASCAR fan first. I will watch other stuff though.

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.