New Pc problem, a little help please.

Ok just bought a new system and I have been having multiple crashes while playing a couple of different games.
    Just prior to any crash I have been getting what I can only describe as a refresh flicker on the monitor followed by my system freezing.
    From what I can see the system is in no way sluggish or slow before this happens and nothing seems to be overheating from what I can tell.

Specs:

i7 2600k
    Asus P8P67-M
    PNY GTX 560 Ti OC2
    16gb 1600mhz Ripjaw
    Windows 7
    Corsair PX 850w

If anyone has any insight as to what this could be caused by I'd appreciate the help. I'm by no means a tech-head so if you could try and keep things as close to lay-mans terms as possible that would be great.
    Cheers in advance for your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    what screen are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    what screen are you using?
    Hey sorry, its a Packard-Bell-Maestro-240.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatanke View Post
    Hey sorry, its a Packard-Bell-Maestro-240.
    Why sorry?
    And are you using a 32-bit or a 64-bit OS?

im guessing you have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics drivers? If that doesnt work, search for a previous version that works and give that a try.

Its 64bit OS forgot that aswell. ^^

So far I've done a full re-install of the OS and tried both the drivers that came with the components and their updated counterparts, but the issue has persisted regardless.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a second video card handy or is there an on board vga adapter you can test with?

No only have the one card, have ordered a replacement to try swap it out. Ran a few tests on 3dmark 11, says the system is scoring poorly for the specs, so I'm thinking maybe a faulty card. Will know soon I guess.

It says that for a lot of systems. If your score is in the largest column you're fine.

For your problem, it could be drivers, it could also be your GPU indeed..

Just tried the test again to check the scores, my score is coming up in the second largest column. Smaller than the largest column by half, also I'm not sure about what FPS results to expect from this test but some of the Fps numbers were coming in as low as 14fps on a couple of the runs.