Thread: Baleroc healing

Baleroc healing

We attempted this last night a couple of times, and it wasn't to bad, but I was wondering if anyone had some tips for it as a holy pally. We noticed that if you heal the crystal person up and let your stacks build that you can then throw one direct heal on the tank and activate the talent, and the heals that transfer through the beacon will be at the full buffed stack. Is this how others are doing it? Does anyone have any tips?

Well, for myself personally, I have been building my stacks while healing the tormented people (beacon on tank to help ease tank damage while building stacks). When my healer group rotates to tank healing, I beacon one of the people receiving torment stacks (typically the one that will be going higher) to help ease healing on that person while I'm putting out increased heals on the tank. I swap in the Glyph of Beacon of Light for the Glyph of LoD to reduce mana costs since I never use LoD on this fight.

First question, how many Pallys are you using? Is this 25m or 10m?

On our kill last night (2nd kill), we had our normal raid healers healing just the raid and our 3 pallys rotating on the people with torment and the tank.
    Big key here is to NOT use beacon as it screws you from building up your stack. 1 Pally is building up his stacks to 20-30 then calls for a shift, he goes on the tank (which causes his stacks to now have meaning, as it will convert to healing the tank for more) and one of the other 2 that were on the tank switches to healing the shard people direct. rinse repeat, by the end of the fight all 3 pallys had 70-130 stack and keeping the tank alive is easy sauce. Hope that made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by quietstrm07 View Post
    Well, for myself personally, I have been building my stacks while healing the tormented people (beacon on tank to help ease tank damage while building stacks). .
    Correct me if I'm wrong the beacon heal actually counts as a direct heal and triggers Vital Flame, Unless blizzard have fixed it to stop it triggering it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeyoker View Post
    First question, how many Pallys are you using? Is this 25m or 10m?

On our kill last night (2nd kill), we had our normal raid healers healing just the raid and our 3 pallys rotating on the people with torment and the tank.
    Big key here is to NOT use beacon as it screws you from building up your stack. 1 Pally is building up his stacks to 20-30 then calls for a shift, he goes on the tank (which causes his stacks to now have meaning, as it will convert to healing the tank for more) and one of the other 2 that were on the tank switches to healing the shard people direct. rinse repeat, by the end of the fight all 3 pallys had 70-130 stack and keeping the tank alive is easy sauce. Hope that made sense.
    How would using beacon screw up your stacks?
    Mattsvaliant - 85 BE Paladin - 135+ Mounts - Dragonslayer -

Unless something got changed from the first week, you dont proc vital flame from beacon heals. I kept beacon on the MT the entire fight and ended with 150+ stacks with 6 healer, 2 on tanks at all times 4 on torment. Rotating every crystal spawn between the 3 groups of 2 healers for tank healing. All direct heals are supposed to give 1 stack per 3 stacks the people with torment have, so i was actually rotating HS->1hopo WoG if i could to get max stacks before tank healing.

Do not direct heal the tank and then go directly back to crystal healing though. True it procs the talent for increased tank healing, but it also makes you unable to stack the vital spark buff for 15s. So if your gunna heal the tank, make sure your on him for atleast 13 of those 15s, as healing doesnt reset the buff duration afaik.

Tandoor of Something Novel

man allways the same reply's i get from peopple with the iq of a appel.

sorry I should have been more clear. We are doing 25man and it's me and one other HP. What we're doing right now is beaconing the tank, and then healing the shadow priest (range) that are absorbing the 25stacks. Once we finish the first shadow pally, we pop a direct heal onto the tank, and then switch back to the next shadow priest in line. What we deduced was that when we healed the shadow priest it healed for the normal amount, however when it transfered through the beacon, it would apply the vital spark buff to it. I don't feel entirely comfortable with the strat, and would rather switch to straight healing the tank once I had the buff, but he's a veteran and I'm a try out, so his logic wins over mine. Thanks for all the comments guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus_x View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong the beacon heal actually counts as a direct heal and triggers Vital Flame, Unless blizzard have fixed it to stop it triggering it?
    In this case, beacon does not count as a direct heal. It's the same thing as if you were to beacon one tormented person and heal another on 25 man, you don't gain additional stacks. By properly using beacon, you can gain a lot of additional healing whether it be on the tank or tormented individuals to assist the other healers

Quote Originally Posted by Vereinigung View Post
    Once we finish the first shadow pally, we pop a direct heal onto the tank, and then switch back to the next shadow priest in line. What we deduced was that when we healed the shadow priest it healed for the normal amount, however when it transfered through the beacon, it would apply the vital spark buff to it.
    Once you have received the vital flame buff, you might as well continue to heal the tank until it is down to about 2-3 seconds remaining. The reason is that while you have vital flame, you cannot gain additional stacks of vital spark and therefore you're reducing the amount of healing you could be doing. The increased heals on tank + beacon heals on tormented > beacon on tank + direct heals on tormented
    Last edited by quietstrm07; 2011-07-07 at 06:17 PM.

We were actually going nuts until we stopped using beacon as it was triggering vital flame for us. Dunno, maybe this is a bug or something? I do see many people stating having the beacon on the tank did no harm for their stack building, but for some reason, it was screwing me up. Is it possible this has something to do with PotI?

PotI should have no effect as that only heals yourself and then transfers through beacon. I know I was personally having trouble with the transitions and making sure I didn't accidentally trigger an additional round of vital flame due to casting a heal a slight bit later than I should have on the tank. You'll just have to try switching off the tank a second or two earlier

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I healed this fine last week, and didn't notice any odd interactions with Beacon and Vital Flame. This was 10m.

I kept Beacon on our tank, and switched between Torment and tank appropriately (healing tank until Vital Flame was almost gone, etc).

I did find, however, that I had an almost instinctive habit to HS or WoG the tank when I saw him drop low even though I was supposed to be on Torment. I had to rein that urge in, and then it was NP.

My first try on baleroc will be today night.
    Any tip?
    Its possible to add de torment or tormented debuff in grid?

yes
    I just turn on "detect new debuff" which is located in options>status>raid debuff or you can enter it manually.
    I used power aura for both vital flame and vital spark to show the timing and stacks.

Depends if it's 10 or 25 man and what kind of assignments you are given, I suppose.

I've done it on 10 man with me/resto druid/disc priest. I was always healing the torment with Beacon helping out on the tank, and I only ever switched to the tank during Decimation Blade where the extra healing from my stacks was needed.

Few tips:
    Only casted heals on the person affected by torment gives you stacks. In other words, don't use HS or WoG unless the person would need that extra healing to not die.

If you cast any heal on the tank what so ever, your stacks disappear and you gain the 15 second buff increasing your healing done to targets with Blaze of Glory (which is just the tank(s), pretty much). During these 15 seconds, you won't gain stacks when healing the torment, so don't heal the tank unless neccesary. When your buff fades, you'll have the same stacks as you had before activating the buff by healing the tank (beacon does not trigger this, at least it did not for me.)

From what I've gathered in WoL Baleroc kills (10m), it seems that a lot of HPallys beacon their MT and do not switch Beacon at all. I imagine if we switched Beacon to torment when going on MT that would be quite effective in theory, but then you're using one GCD per torment cycle for the beacon switch and also slowing down HP generation.

I have yet to try the boss out though. Looking forward to it.

downed it last night. We also got the achievement as well for it, not very hard at all. What we ended up doing is I was responsible for the melee on my own and the other two HPs got the shadow priests taking the ranged, along with a druid helping out. Whenever he would do decimation blade, we'd switch with the tank healing team, or after our 3 teams rotated through their crystal stacks in the melee group. Once we got the rotations down, it was pretty easy. It's a bit rough on the DPS side, we downed him with 15 seconds on his enrage timer, so losing someone to a crystal isn't really an option. Ended the fight with 24k healing, so it was an exciting meter fight haha Thanks for everyones help, especially the holy shock/1 holy power WoG, it helped stack the buff. I ended with something like 450% extra healing.

Just do what every guide says: make 3 groups of healers (3x1 on 10m, 3x2 on 25m - on 25m it helps to assign every first person of the pair to melee and every second to ranged to avoid all healers healing the same dps while neglecting the other), put 2 groups starting up on the raid and 1 group on the active tank. After 10-15sec call out for swap and first group moves onto raid while second starts healing the active tank. When they have ~4-5second left on their flame they call for swap and so on....
    Tips:
    - Use a buff/debuff timer/tracker addon to track your sparks and flame duration.
    - Make sure your raidframe displays Torment. You don't have to see Tormented, it is likely just confuse you, it's only important for the individual person (and you should never have it on yourself)
    - When swapping healer teams leave some overlap. The flame has a 15sec duration so for example call for swap at 10sec but cast one or two heals on the tanks. BE CAREFUL with long casts, if they land after your buff is expired you will re-proc flames and you can't gain sparks for another 15seconds which is not ideal.
    - Coordinate teamswaps very clearly over vent or via raidwarning macros, etc.
    - Ask your DPS to use defensive cooldowns when getting over 10 stacks of torment and if they are confident they can take it go for as many stacks as possible (shadow priest with disperse can go up to near 20), but don't risk too many if they are losing health too rapidly. Also, tell them take at least 11 stacks, that's the minimum.
    - For building stacks quick heals are better, when Torment is low (below 6-7 stacks) you can just HS and WoG (even with 1 hopo).
    - Don't hold back on Decimation Blade, use FoL even.
    If the rest of the raid does their job right and you get the hang of these swaps it is a fairly easy encounter.
    Last edited by Valamivan; 2011-07-08 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamivan View Post
    Also, tell them take at least 11 stacks, that's the minimum.
    Why would you ask them to take 11 stacks? You gain one stack of Vital Spark per every 3 stacks of Torment on the target (3,6,9,12... probably dead without cooldowns... 15,18... ret/spriests survive with cooldowns... 21, 24... death) Either you tell them to get 9 stacks or 12. Anything in between is only extra damage taken without providing your healers with stronger heals on the tank through Vital Flame. Correct me if I am mistaken. Having certain cooldowns or f ex the Mirror of Broken Images can have you take more stacks but again you want at least three more or it is not worth it.

Also what really matters when rotating the healers is to always have healers with a fresh Vital Flame when Decimation Blade is coming so that the tank can safely be healed back up. Always try to swap in a new tank healer right before this is about to happen, especially on 10-man where there can be less overlap between healers.
    Last edited by Blakkeyez; 2011-07-23 at 09:15 PM.

Because one shard does 22 stacks altogether and you usually use 2 people to deal with it Hence they both have to take at least 11. But yeah, one taking 12 and other 10 might be better, but best is when you have a class that can take like 18 (shadow priest), that's a lot of stacks for you.

Because one shard does 22 stacks altogether and you usually use 2 people to deal with it
    That makes sense, I suppose

But yeah, one taking 12 and other 10 might be better
    Exactly, that's my point

As a shadow priest I have no problems taking the full duration (21 stacks). It's just a matter of learning when to disperse. I use the trinket to make it easier on our healers but with sufficient healing that's not necessary.