10+ Year Old Account

10N Bethilac, Help us please!

Hey guys,

Im the Raid leader of a small semi hardcore guild and we have been having a lot of problems with Bethilac 10n. Our Raid comp is:
    Prot Pally
    Blood DK

Holy Pally
    Resto Druid
    Resto Sham

MM Hunter
    Doomkin (Me)
    2 Desto Locks
    SMF Warrior

We are having trouble splitting our dps enough so that we kill all the mobs in a timely fashion. The way we had the most sucess was me and a warlock on the spinners, the other warlock permanantly on the drones. The MM hunter was on the small adds and the warrior went up to dps Beth. After the spinners are down the other warlock goes on drones and i go to help out with the spiderlings as well as putting as much damage on the drone as possible. The problem we are having is that we usually had a half health drone out when she came down and we waste 30 seconds of valuable dps time in the second phase getting it down. I believe it is a dps problem and we arent doing enough damage to kill this boss. Looking at our logs can anyone help me to point out the problem here? (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ses&boss=52498)

Thanks a bunch

Deleted
    It could very well be that your dps is to low, on one of your attempts that you logged, your raid dps was about 85k, comparing to my guilds first kill, in which our dps was about 100k, which could help, is the bosses hp resetting when she comes down?

and make sure to organise a cd rotation with your healers/tanks, it helps a tonne!

10+ Year Old Account
    We generally have a 30% health left over Drone when P2 start as well, but that is because before P2 start we have EVERYONE to jump on small adds before boss come down.

When % is boss when she comes down? Did she consum any small adds? Other than P2, usually do you kill Drone before next one spawn?

A few dps check here:
    Drone always die before next spawn, at no more than 10% health.
    Small adds always die before being consumed.
    Boss around 75-80% when P2 start and make sure she doesn't regenerate any health.

If you hit those targets dps should be enough to kill her, if you managed that and still wipe in P2 but before Berserk timer then may be healing wasn't as good to keep up the AoE damage in P2?

Deleted
    in our guild we had the warlock put his uber dot on the pull ( cant remember the name) and left all dps downstaris and 1 tank (me) and a healer upstairs. and we pulled it of 3 attempt. what you could do is have one dps join the first and second time and stay donw the third time to make sure all adds are dead when she comes down.

Raid deff CD rotations are uber imprtant to pull of perfect, and bl at about 40-50%

Are the small adds down before she lands? She will eat them and heal for crazy amounts with an unlimited range. We usually have ALL dps switch for the last wave of the tiny spiders. They don't give you that much time to kill them before she comes down. DPS also seems a bit slow. Our first kill was 97.7k raid dps, and our second was 101k. Both lasted a little over 7 minutes.

On our first kill we did not send any dps upstairs (We are 10man) only 1 healer and 1 tank.

That left us with 5 dps downstairs.

When no Spinners are alive we had 1 melee permanently on the drone and the rest of us assisted on the drone when no spiderlings were up.

When we came into p2 we just cleared out remaining adds (1 pack of spiderlings) the we proceeded to kill Beth. The healing becomes a little tough at the end but it is manageable and we are no pros.

10+ Year Old Account
    We actually downed her today, we focused the drones down, ignoring the spinners and lettting them get cleaved down. We had a hunter on spiderlings basically soloing them. We actually had bethilac eat like 4 spiderlings when she came down and that put her at full health. But we had much better dps this time and killed her from full health

This thread has pointers, and there's another 3-4 threads on the first 4 pages of the forum that might give you some info as well.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mal-Assistance

(my post from that thread)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4606&e=5051

Looked at and downed Beth for the first time last night. Our raid comp is a bit wonky at times, so I empathize.

Hunter used frost traps and primary focus was the spiderlings - every other wave or so, he'd need help on adds.

I (mage) focused on Spinners using Frost Nova on CD (as needed) and AE or blizzard depending on distance to spiderlings (my AB percentage is usually 85-91% - enforced AoE severely dropped that).

Warlock did the Bane of Havoc and switched between assisting me and helping with spiderlings.

Rogue was focusing on Drones along with our shammy.

Everyone switched to drones/spiderlings when we were without primary targets.

We flirted with having 1 or no DPS go up on various pulls, and I believe we downed her with the rogue only going up for 1 or 2 of the 3 meteor phases.

Hope the info helps - it's really not a hard fight once you get the mechanics down - I fully expect a one-shot next reset (and also expect to do higher DPS on my end, but whatever).
    Last edited by Spleen; 2011-07-11 at 01:25 PM.
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasta Assassin View Post
    Hey guys,

Im the Raid leader of a small semi hardcore guild and we have been having a lot of problems with Bethilac 10n. Our Raid comp is:
    Prot Pally
    Blood DK

Holy Pally
    Resto Druid
    Resto Sham

MM Hunter
    Doomkin (Me)
    2 Desto Locks
    SMF Warrior

We are having trouble splitting our dps enough so that we kill all the mobs in a timely fashion. The way we had the most sucess was me and a warlock on the spinners, the other warlock permanantly on the drones. The MM hunter was on the small adds and the warrior went up to dps Beth. After the spinners are down the other warlock goes on drones and i go to help out with the spiderlings as well as putting as much damage on the drone as possible. The problem we are having is that we usually had a half health drone out when she came down and we waste 30 seconds of valuable dps time in the second phase getting it down. I believe it is a dps problem and we arent doing enough damage to kill this boss. Looking at our logs can anyone help me to point out the problem here? (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ses&boss=52498)

Thanks a bunch
    sounds like your dps is just a tad too low on the attempt we killed beth'tilac we had a drone up around 40% but when she came down she was already 73% from me dpsing up top. are the other drones staying up so long they are siphoning beth'tilacs energy? if thats happening then imo go run old content till your dps is geared because firelands is ment for people in full or near full 359.