the perfect raid member?

hello everyone, i was wondering if someone could give me a few tips. would you like to have a raid member that is fully gemmed/enchanted, knows the fights and strats to the boss, is a nice person and is always on time for raids as the guild's main healer. BUT he has a problem, he leaves whenever he needs to because he says his parents are yelling at him and if he doesn't they won't let him play anymore. (yes he is a teenager playing WoW) he also can only play fora max of 4 hrs on the weekdays because his parents don't let him play a lot, that doesn't mean he can play forever on the weekends too. the thing is that he can play for 4hrs and the guild only raids for 3hrs but the thing is he has never raided the whole time with the guild before even though he says he can play for at least 4hrs. so would you want someone like this to be on your raiding roster?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, if he can never stay for full duration and can suddenly need to go at anytime, there goes his reliability.

No, not to be mean but if you can't stay for an entire raid then you are wasting space from the peoplewho will always be there and not leave early... Everyone once in a great while is fine if it's because of emergencys.
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

Someone like that in the guild im in would be accepted in the guild and viewed as the helpful guy/girl. But when we are raiding and we notice consistently he leaves/bails early on us and in my guild we expect each member of raid staying the whole 3 hrs scheduled unless prior reasons were given, He would not make it onto the list of who gets invited first, and will probly become a alternate for someone missing.

Deleted
    No, no, no & never.
    If you're that person, I am sorry, you should find a very casual guild to raid with or find another aspect of the game to enjoy, like PvP or whatever.
    If you're the guild who this person has applied to, politely decline.
    If you're a friend of this person, just tell him the guild is right if they declines him.

In any situation, good luck.

Deleted
    Lol no. Raid is srs bsnss mon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter how good you are, if you can't be there when expected to then you're wasted space.
    You better herp yourself before you derp yourself.

Deleted
    That's the No. 1 reason why so many guilds have 18+ requirements.

It's not about bad or immature players ruining it for the rest, it's about reliability.

If you can't walk the walk, don't talk the talk.

If you really want him on your roster present your raid schedule to his parents see if they will consent to letting him raid for designated times. If they don't sadly replace him.

If your willing to bend maybe they can propose better times to raid.

In the end im siding with the kids parents myself theyn should go out and do things and have limited play time on wow they dont need to spend all their time on the game.

Myself I raid a max of 4 hours a week. Heavily casual. I do this to keep my play time down. Don't take it for being bad though. I still cleared 2/13 heroic and full cleared reg. I think 4 hours a week raid time 1 night a week thats pretty good

if he's a nice person keep him as a social, farm content, friendship status or whatever. def. not progression.
    i can understand people having the need to take unexpected breaks. but if its a constant thing its bad. Remember that it's not that player doing a favor for you guys in your progression it's you guys doing a favor for him keeping him so long in the group and waiting each time for him. He should be the one asking himself this question not you.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

If he has his own computer and/or is able to reliably block out a time when no other family member will randomly kick him off there's no problem with him raiding. Most kids still living with their parents are unable to do this.