thinking of rolling pally for just tanking and healing are they good at it

mainly a tank first how good are pally tanks compared to the rest, in terms of good tank and easy use.

2. how are they at healing 5 mans mainly compared to a disc priest

Deleted
    Good, easy and good. Go for it.

1. All tanks are viable and good on every fight. None is "better" than any of the others. I have been a pally tank for 6 years, and I enjoy it.
    2. Never played a disc priest. So I can't really help you here

But I do have some advice. The balance of a pally is unpredictable. We often get substantial changes every patch. Whether they are nerfs, or buffs, we always get a mention in the patch notes.

Deleted
    everyone and their dog has a paladin alt - they are fun to level and enjoyable to play at max level - i would go for it

I leveled my pally as ret/holy during WotLK, but once Cata came out, (imho) the retribution pally was broken, so I switched to prot/holy, and I'm liking playing my pally more. As for if tanking or healing is better than the rest, I don't have the experience of trying all the specs of all the classes, but I enjoy both pally tanking and pally healing immensely.

tanking is pretty straight forward with paladins.

Healing compared to disc priests, well, they both have alot of cds to work with, both have shielding. They are both essentially the same, although disc doesnt do too well in pugs if you have a bad group.

Both are great at healing 5 mans, paladin a lil more pug friendly.

I have both Disc and Holy Paladin and I'd say for 5mans Paladin is easier/better. Their survivability (plate, bubble, etc) is a major plus when things hit the fan. Raw healing througput are comparable, but priest might have mana issues early on in blues, paladins not so much.

I have one of every tank class and one of every healer bar a shammy, I find paladin to be the most boring and least interactive tanking class in comparison to the other three, it's neither difficult nor challenging nor particularly involving. Bear tanking however is great fun though the dk remains my main.

with reference to healing, I've a smite specced disc priest and I find it enjoyable, but for throughput it's the pally, it's so easy I can sleep whilst raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    everyone and their dog has a paladin alt - they are fun to level and enjoyable to play at max level - i would go for it
    My dog plays warlock.