Druid - few questions

Hi,
    after rolling a warrior tank and trying holy priest i've decided to pick up on druid. Is resto druid spec viable for raids and 5-mans? Is it good for healing or maybe shaman's better now in 4.2?
    And the second question is - should I level it as feral and have a resto dualspec, or maybe I should go resto and level via lfg tool?
    I've rolled a troll druid, and im on lvl 10 so i need quick answer. I've also pickedup skinning and leather working

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mallidar View Post
    Hi,
    after rolling a warrior tank and trying holy priest i've decided to pick up on druid. Is resto druid spec viable for raids and 5-mans? Is it good for healing or maybe shaman's better now in 4.2?
    And the second question is - should I level it as feral and have a resto dualspec, or maybe I should go resto and level via lfg tool?
    I've rolled a troll druid, and im on lvl 10 so i need quick answer. I've also pickedup skinning and leather working
    Hey!

From a PVE-standpoint you will find resto very good in both dungeons and raids.
    Its a fun healer to play and it shows nice results.

Levelng is easiest as feral because you will have no downtime at all.

I suggest that you dualspec resto and feral. That will let you grind quests and tank as feral
    aswell as heal in dungeons as resto while leveling.

This is just about PVE. If you are thinking about going into pvp-healing, resto druid is something
    you should go as far away from as you can.

Good luck!

Deleted
    I'd level as feral, you can always tank / dps 5 mans and then pick up resto at lvl 30.

Resto is more than fine atm in raids, tho I think Shammies are better at PvP atm, tho I'm far from a PvP expert.

I was wondering if I Could go feral to 15lvl, then reset to resto, and then go dungeons? Don't really have time for questing coz i'm levelling a warrior also.
    Would it work and go quite fast? Healers get instant queues tho.

Quote Originally Posted by mallidar View Post
    I was wondering if I Could go feral to 15lvl, then reset to resto, and then go dungeons? Don't really have time for questing coz i'm levelling a warrior also.
    Would it work and go quite fast? Healers get instant queues tho.
    I went feral until lvl 30 , and then dualspecced resto. Feral is faster when questing, and when you queue as a tank you get instant invites. When going as healer you sometimes have to wait a couple of minutes. Also, healing is dead boring at very low level. The tanks don't take a lot of damage, so you will find yourself doing nearly nothing or just overhealing the most of the time. When you go as tank you sort of decide the intensity in the dungeon, so I will often take less time to clear a dungeon. That is if the healer is capable of following, which he should be.

Im speaking out of my own experiences here, realizing that it isn't necessarily the same on all realms.

GL!