Engineering -> Enchanting?

Hey.

I just picked up my t11 helmet and I am now 4/5 t11. As of now, I currently don't need engineering anymore (seeing as Blizz didn't give us any 378 helm) because I benefit more from 4/5 than 3/5. Also, engineering seem to suck pvE wise and almost brings in no cash.

So my question is; should I -with my 16k gold to spend- drop engineering and pick up enchanting? Then I got enchanting+JC and can make myself some ez money.

Depends. If you like engineering with all its weird little gadgets and mounts, you should consider the reasons to howyou play WoW, before changing it with enchanting.
    For and example. I chose engineering for my gnome priest, because I wanted all the little weird things, else I would have kept tailoring which give better bonuses (he is also an enchanter), since I am not a powerplayer and relies more on my skills than the last 3% bonues from item optimization, therefore I chose engineering.
    My paladin is JC/Ench, which is quite boring.
    On the other hand I think that enchanting is must for any active character. All the leftover items you get along the way can be turned to mats. That is why 3 of my chars are enchanters...
    So if you don't care about engineering besides the hat. Do it, for the love of god get enchanting.
    Any post or reply from me is based on the knowledge and thought patterns relative to my mind. They are, in all fairness, subjective.
    I don't deal in absolutes as I believe in learning and adapting. My every action is a result of calculation and choice.

Deleted
    Enchanting is nice when combined with JC. Another profession that is a good combo with JC is alchemy with a transmute mastery, but you can always have that on an alt. It is really nice to be able to disenchant your old gear.

Deleted
    If your class have dps cds I whould say eng > enchan because you can timed that extra intelec, agility, str with all others cds for extra burst.
    If not enchant = Eng the uptime of eng in the end willl be moreless equal to the passive bonus others professions and enchant give so if you don't like to click trinkets you will not like eng also.

It depends on what role you are. As a healer or tank the on-use wrist is not at all as good as passive stamina or intellect. As a DPS, it can be better or worse depending on what class you play and how the on-use cooldown lines up with your short-use CDs. For example, as a Feral I could get better use out of it because the springs line up perfectly with every other Tiger's Fury (+15% damage / 6 seconds every 30 seconds). I don't have engineering though because I tank as much as I DPS, and the extra survivability is far nicer.

The helm is 1.5 tiers old now, and no one should be using it at this point, so don't even consider that in your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post

The helm is 1.5 tiers old now, and no one should be using it at this point, so don't even consider that in your decision.
    I'd rather have 4/5 t11 atm than 3/5 + engi helmet mate. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerden View Post
    I'd rather have 4/5 t11 atm than 3/5 + engi helmet mate. :-)
    Wouldn't you have had the option to get either the helm or shoulders with the Essence?

Seems to me you could be 4/5 t11 + Eng helm mate...

Engineering isn't about the helm. It's the very awesome glove enchant that stacks with regular enchants, plus the parachute (also stacks) and one of many useful belt enchants (which no other profession gives), plus many utility items such as Jeeves and MOLL-E. Helmets? Pffft.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthazare View Post
    Wouldn't you have had the option to get either the helm or shoulders with the Essence?

Seems to me you could be 4/5 t11 + Eng helm mate...
    No, was the helm token from Nef.

Quote Originally Posted by Xadion View Post
    Depends. If you like engineering with all its weird little gadgets and mounts, you should consider the reasons to howyou play WoW, before changing it with enchanting.
    For and example. I chose engineering for my gnome priest, because I wanted all the little weird things, else I would have kept tailoring which give better bonuses (he is also an enchanter), since I am not a powerplayer and relies more on my skills than the last 3% bonues from item optimization, therefore I chose engineering.
    My paladin is JC/Ench, which is quite boring.
    On the other hand I think that enchanting is must for any active character. All the leftover items you get along the way can be turned to mats. That is why 3 of my chars are enchanters...
    So if you don't care about engineering besides the hat. Do it, for the love of god get enchanting.

My opinion is similar to xadion's, Its never been about the gold for me, I chose engineering for all the quirky gadgets i get to use, Boots that launch me 100 feet in the air during the nefarian pull, dropping a healer dead before the fight begins, summoning giant robot chickens to wander about aimlessly till some horde kills it out of curiosity, and then theres the helicopter... one of the best mounts imo.. BUT if you are looking to make some gold on the side... try gathering some of the more rare plans........... they may be pricey to buy, but pay off quickly... ( lifelike mechanical toad (( im selling 3-5 of these a night at 300g ea)) purple flare) small things like that can add up to some big numbers.

Been a engineer since bc and cannot believe i still have this profession, switch while you can