Thread: Ret PVP Options

Ret PVP Options

I was really split: How are most rets going? Crit or Mastery? I generally play very defensive, so I'm thinking of going crit{Those wog crits are HUGE, and really win games for me lately - healer cced, big burst on partner Yay 50k wog crit!}.

So which way are you going, Crit, or mastery?

I think youll want to go for around 15% spellcrit. With talents this gives WoG a very high chance to crit on targets below 35% health. With the 200% crit on heals now (and SH on a teammate or SS on yourself) this leads to a massive heal. After that go for Mastery to boost your damage.

I've been reforging to crit pretty much entirely. aim for about 20% bonus damage as holy in mastery, and im sitting at 10% spell crit, and i normally can get my WoG to crit very often. mastery is still decent, but crit is better for where ret is at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely crit.
    With crit heals buffed to 200% and wog cd reduced to 10sec, crit really improves survivability A LOT. Personally im aiming for 25% spell crit (no achievable yet).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well as a ret paladin you will mostly be playing as an off healer & burst bot on a 2 minute CD (which can never become balanced by blizzards own admission).

Given this fact the best choice is to go with critical rating till your at least at 15% spell crit, why 15% you may ask ? Well that because with 15%, the talent rule of law & the talent last word you will have an almost guaranteed critical heal on targets at or under 35% health which when combined with sacred shield or selfless healer can lead to insanely big heals.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

So prue crit until 15% then stack mastery?
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.