modifiers (shift/alt/ctrl) not working with mouse1/mouse2...

I just started using elvui (which uses the default blizzard actionbars) and am having an issue setting any bind to my mouse1 or mouse2 button... it's like the game doesn't recognize that i'm using a modifier key...

for example, with bartender i had dispel magic bound to shift-button2 and mass dispel to shift-button1... however when i try to bind these functions using the standard blizz keybinding menu, it doesn't recognize it... basically, when i try to set something to any modifier+mouse2, it just clears the bind as if i'd just right clicked on it... and it left click doesn't do anything at all...

it's a five button mouse, and the modifiers work with mb3, mb4, and mb5... just not mb1 or mb2...

anyone run into this situation before?

oh and i'm running on a PC, not a mac...

elvui has a built in keybinding interface like bartender just do /hb (hoverbindings)

Quote Originally Posted by Ze Alpaca View Post

elvui has a built in keybinding interface like bartender just do /hb (hoverbindings)
    yeah, that's what i'm doing, however it still is not recognizing any modifier keys+mb1 or mb2.... i've tried it via the clunky menu system too with no luck....

why not just hardcode the modifier into a macro

/cast [nomod] Spell
    /cast [mod:alt] Spell

Not sure if thats the correct syntax or not its too early lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ze Alpaca View Post
    why not just hardcode the modifier into a macro

/cast [nomod] Spell
    /cast [mod:alt] Spell

Not sure if thats the correct syntax or not its too early lol.
    i haven't tried doing that yet, but it won't let me bind even mb1 or mb2 by itself either...