View Poll Results: Which of the two FPS will you buy this fall?

Voters
100. This poll is closed
  • Both - Why chose?

23 23.00%
  • None - I don't care much for FPS

3 3.00%
  • Battlefield 3 (PC)

58 58.00%
  • Modern Warfare 3 (PC)

3 3.00%
  • Battlefield 3 (XBox 360)

6 6.00%
  • Modern Warfare (XBox 360)

4 4.00%
  • Battlefield 3 (Playstation 3)

2 2.00%
  • Modern Warfare 3 (Playstation 3)

1 1.00%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Battlefield 3 vs. Modern Warfare 3 - which title will you buy?

BF 3 and MW 3 are going head to head this fall which could turn out to be the biggest "clash of titans" since Unreal Tournament vs. Quake 3.

Now a lot can be said about the quality of each title but that's not the point of this poll. After all, the ultimate benchmark for a games success these days is the number of sales. And hence the poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    BF3 on PC without a doubt. I really hope they hold true to their promises
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    BF3 on PC without a doubt. I really hope they hold true to their promises
    This.

I'll likely pick MW3 up at some point as well just because but since I'm heading to University around the launch of both money will be tight and BF3 will come first.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/930304-Call-of-Duty-MW3-or-Battlefield-3-Keep-it-clean

N
    ot one page back and there is this exact thread allready going with lotso pages...

360 version for BF3 for sure, not going to buy a thousand $$ PC to try to run their new engine. nope, no siree.
    This is embarassing... please ignore my horrible username.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/930304-Call-of-Duty-MW3-or-Battlefield-3-Keep-it-clean

N
    ot one page back and there is this exact thread allready going with lotso pages...
    This one has a poll.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

You dont need a 1000$ pc to run it though..

OT: BF3 definatly, MW3 is nothing newer than MW2

Deleted
    mw3 and bf3 on pc consoles are for skillless people

10+ Year Old Account
    modern warfare 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    mw3 and bf3 on pc consoles are for skillless people
    Agreed, especially since game like halo: reach have aim assist.

Since MW3 is going to be just as horrible as Blops was I'm gonna say BF3 for PC.

That and console FPSs are generally terrible watered down experiences compared to the wonder and glory that is... the PC Gaming Master Race.

Deleted
    I played BF3 at DreamHack and I enjoyed it alot so I already pre ordered it

Deleted
    sales wise, mw3 on consoles will completely dominate. no question

personally i'll be getting mw3 the day of release because i know exactly what i'm going to get, and i know i'll enjoy it.

BF3 on the other hand.... i'll probably wait a few months for hype to die down, or price to drop a bit before purchasing myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treepunch View Post
    sales wise, mw3 on consoles will completely dominate. no question

personally i'll be getting mw3 the day of release because i know exactly what i'm going to get, and i know i'll enjoy it.

BF3 on the other hand.... i'll probably wait a few months for hype to die down, or price to drop a bit before purchasing myself.
    That's because the entire COD fanbase is full of 12 y/o sheeple whose parents will buy them anything

Deleted
    That's because the entire COD fanbase is full of 12 y/o sheeple whose parents will buy them anything
    tbh, i dont care who i'm killing, and i doubt ea/activision care who buys their game. as long as they sell.

so really, who is the smarter company? the one rolling out the same old product year after year, and getting 25mil sales each time.
    or the one with no 'real' product dominance on consoles going for a gritty, adult appeal with a large sense of realism. not to mention the demo they showed at E3, supposed to be a sneak peek at the best parts of the game, looked dull as hell. imo
    Last edited by mmoc2f1b02606c; 2011-07-11 at 04:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh, i dont care who i'm killing, and i doubt ea/activision care who buys their game. as long as they sell.

so really, who is the smarter company? the one rolling out the same old product year after year, and getting 40k sales each time.
    or the one with no 'real' product dominance on consoles going for a gritty, adult appeal with a large sense of realism. not to mention the demo they showed at E3, supposed to be a sneak peek at the best parts of the game, looked dull as hell.
    That's the thing about opinions... *Insert obvious quote here*

Deleted
    That's the thing about opinions... *Insert obvious quote here*
    edited it just for you.

so out of the numerous points i made in my post, the only thing you decided to reply to was the fact i did not particuarly enjoy or agree with them showing a tank driving through a desert for 10 mins, with only half of that being 'action'

but back on topic, as i said earlier, i will be getting both games, but not in any rush to buy bf3

10+ Year Old Account
    edited it just for you.

so out of the numerous points i made in my post, the only thing you decided to reply to was the fact i did not particuarly enjoy or agree with them showing a tank driving through a desert for 10 mins, with only half of that being 'action'

but back on topic, as i said earlier, i will be getting both games, but not in any rush to buy bf3
    So they were showing off the story. MW3 has anything BUT a good story. Enjoy your plot holes and happy endings

Deleted
    So they were showing off the story. MW3 has anything BUT a good story. Enjoy your plot holes and happy endings
    because people buy war style fps' for story? sorry to break it to you, but the internet was made for more then pron

10+ Year Old Account
    because people buy war style fps' for story? sorry to break it to you, but the internet was made for more then pron
    And here you are criticizing BF3's story. GG?