DK tanking Alysrazor

Hey I'm in a guild that's currectly 4/7 and we got stone walled pretty badly yesterday during Alysrazor. On all the attempts I've noticed our DK tank failing to kill his voracious hatchling before phase 2. Since the tanks do 1000x more damage to them, is it suggested that the tanks be hit-capped to be able to squeeze more DPS out of it? He's currently somewhere at 4-5% hit and 26 expertise so he'll have to lose quite a lot of survivability to be able to reach the hit cap. We enter phase 2 at some points with the hatchling at 4%-20% health depending on how many transitions of phases we obtained.

All in all I think the imprinted mechanic is pretty dumb

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the hatchlings killing him in the process as well? If not than at least for that fight the mitigation loss is not a big deal since killing the hatch are so important assuming the tank doesn't die or suck up the raids mana.

Couple other threads running on this you might want to check out related to boosting bloods DPS. We are pretty low on the scale compared to other tanks, but there may be some talent choices that improve DPS more than increasing hit, which returns very little bang for the rating points buck. Since expertise is already soft capped, switching up some talent points (just for this fight) may be a better choice than more hit.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    We are pretty low on the scale compared to other tanks
    I'm glad it's not just me. We had our first night of attempts on Alysrazor last night and the tanks were myself and a prot warrior and my co-gm was wondering why the warrior was outdpsing me by about 8-10k dps every attempt. I figured it was in part because he slightly outgears me and in part because he would have near unlimited rage on that fight while we still have to manage our runes/rp but it's good to know that it's not just me

I honestly dont know how much difference it will make but what about a second weapon with the dps runeforge...name slips my mind but sure you know the one i mean. Can be swapped mid fight so that way you can get some dps with out loosing survivability for the whole fight.

This is probably a stupid question but are your dps on the hatchlings once their adds are down? We had a DK tank in our kill and it did not even come up as an issue.
    Last edited by mikikas; 2011-07-08 at 10:34 PM.

What would be the optimal "DPS rotation" for Blood?

What kind of DPS is required/recommended by the tanks? When we had one tank do 80-90k and the other do like 60k, we had adds still up at the start of P2 (tornadoes) even when we had our fliers land early and the DPS on hatchlings when casters were down.

PS: I so love being a belf DK for this fight, them interrupts on adds + AMS... take no damage at all from them

our DK tank had the same issue at first, couple of things he changed:

death runes should be used for heart strikes, to maxamize dps
    make him use DRW + outbreak for double diseases
    keep diseases up, as they buff HS dmg output

make sure that you have an armor debuff on them, sunder armor or something alike. and the +magic dmg taken debuff aswell, it helps A LOT :3

10+ Year Old Account
    What would be the optimal "DPS rotation" for Blood?
    Keep your diseases up 100% of the time and favor Heart Strike over Death Strike (assuming incoming damage allows it). This is where I feel my avoidance spec will help as my mitigation isn't hinged on mastery.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.