Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Movies] favorite scary movie

Your thoughts.

Discuss!

None. Maybe I need to watch some of the older, Hitchcock-style ones, but I find today's way too predictable.

I guess The Shining, I grew up watching it. My dad let us watch it at a very young age.. lady in the bath tub scene scarred me.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I guess The Shining, I grew up watching it. My dad let us watch it at a very young age.. lady in the bath tub scene scarred me.
    Good movie, the twin little girls always creeped me out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id say the scream franchise...not because they are 'scary' but because they are good and true to what they are. I mean the first ones 1-2 i was only like 7/8/9 when they came out and they did scare me at the time.....but now they dont scream 4 made me jump a lil and had a good twist....so yeah... scream
    Batiatus: What would you do to hold your wife again, to feel the warmth of her skin, to taste her lips, would you kill?
    Spartacus: Whoever stood between us.
    Batiatus: How many men? A hundred, A thousand?
    Spartacus: I would kill them all.

Deleted
    Has to be The Titanic. My dad "forced" me to watch it when I was 9. Go figure.

I don't know, not 9 years old anymore. Nothing looks scary on the screen anymore because brain already knows it is fake.

When I was like 9 Tales from the Crypt and X-Files were pretty scary.

Halloween 1/2. Michael Myers puts every other horror film to shame.

Except the shining. How could i have forgotten that? It is nearly on par with halloween, but still lesser.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2011-07-09 at 05:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Going to go with this too. One of my favourite films of all time.

Hmm there aren't that many good scary movies anymore but I like Halloween 1, The Thing, The Shining and 28 Days Later

Quote Originally Posted by sharlez View Post
    and 28 Days Later
    That is not a scary film. NVM, I take what I said back. Someone mentioned "Titanic" as the scariest film. Obviously, this thread is not serious.

The Orphanage probably, I was 22 when I saw it for the first time, and it was the first time in a long time a scary movie gave me trouble sleeping. Wasn't even a scary movie per se, but frightening in its own right
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaqera View Post
    That is not a scary film. NVM, I take what I said back. Someone mentioned "Titanic" as the scariest film. Obviously, this thread is not serious.
    I was the one that mentioned it, you failed to realise that I mentioned I was 9 years old at the time. Think about it, why do you think Titanic gave me nightmares at that age?

Deleted
    First four Hellraiser movies for me, not scary, but I love the stories.

Though there's no film that's really scary And what's up with the Shining? That movie is so boring

10+ Year Old Account
    The movie that scared me the most has to be Total Recall. I was 8 or 9 at the time and those fake plastic distorted heads really freaked me out.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Psycho from 60s and The Shining.

John Carpenter's The Thing

The Exorcist
    The Amityville Horror (original)
    Alien
    (I agree with Halloween, The Shining, and Psycho as well.)

Hollywood's become so formulaic, unimaginative, and prone to treating audiences like they're stupid, which ruins films for smart people. Some more modern successes would be Ju-On, REC, and Ringu...but those aren't Hollywood productions, and it shows in a good way.

15+ Year Old Account
    I saw that movie for the first time about 2 weeks ago... i find it not scarry at all... boring even.
    I used to love scary movies, but lately they dont seem to be able to scare me anymore, so i prefer gore now :-\
    If anyone knows a rly scary movie that might actually scare me im open for suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by H3ll View Post
    I saw that movie for the first time about 2 weeks ago... i find it not scarry at all... boring even.
    I used to love scary movies, but lately they dont seem to be able to scare me anymore, so i prefer gore now :-\
    If anyone knows a rly scary movie that might actually scare me im open for suggestions!
    Imagine being really young (I'm talking 4 or 5 years old maybe) and seeing that. The music and atmosphere are what makes it, and Jack Nicholson is the perfect person for that role.