Upgraded PC, Wont Post.... =(

I need some help! I have spent the day replacing my mobo, cpu and Ram, which with full watercooling is no fun at all ><.

Anyway, I have done what i needed to, and booted up. Hits BIOS with no errors, all fine. But, when I load windows 7, it gets about 2 seconds into the logo thing and bsod, reboot. Grrrrrr, I have been searching like crazy and I am getting mixed info on if I need to reinstall windows after such an upgrade as said.

I really am stuck, stressed and just want my new PC to start up! QQ

Any suggestions?

Deleted
    You have to reinstall your OS after you changed your motherboard, if you want it to work that is (in some cases it might work after a mobo change, but changes like these >might< prevent the OS from booting.)

Alternatively, have you been fiddling with the BIOS settings?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Title is misleading since your computer is POSTing which is the Power On Self Test. If you can enter the BIOS your computer has already POSTed. What you are encountering is your computer failing to boot into Windows.

Swapping out a motherboard, CPU, and RAM generally means that you will have to reinstall Windows from scratch. In some cases I have been able to boot just fine without having too but that is only during warranty situations where I am replacing the motherboard with the same model.

You can try using the repair feature of your Windows disk but you would be better off saving your time and installing a fresh copy of Windows.

I just replaced a motherboard and processor/RAM without an OS reinstall, and it worked great. This is the exception though, not the rule. In my experience, most of the time you should go ahead and start from scratch with the OS if you ever do a new MOBO.