Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy Radiance as Prot

Anybody use it? Curious to see if there are any niche situations for this ability.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use it fairly often if melee is taking alot of damage.

"Sa souvr'aya niende misain ye."

I use it frequently when big damage is incoming or when there's aoe damage. May not heal a whole lot, but it's something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

theres a lot of fights whene it'S usefull

Beth Phase 2
    Ryolith phase 2
    Alice ground phase
    Domo scorpion form
    Rag when you stack for seeds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibramgaunt View Post

Beth Phase 2
    Ryolith phase 2
    Alice ground phase
    Domo scorpion form
    Yep all good examples of when to use it. As we all know it doesn't heal for a huge amount as prot, but every little helps

Beth Phase 2
    Ryolith phase 2
    Alice ground phase
    Domo scorpion form
    Thank you very much for providing examples, very helpfull.

i use it constantly, now that WoG has a cooldown. if my health drops to half, it's my go-to healing spell. if (and when) my health is less than that, i usually hit Lay on Hands, but with the cooldown on that too, Holy Radiance is my best friend

Just a quick heads up, Holy Radiance can be used to heal the wounded druids for the Molton Front daily.

oops, this had already been covered, my bad
    Last edited by mongoose6; 2011-07-22 at 12:43 PM.

I use it quite a bit. In a 10m raid when everyone is stacked, and it runs its full duration, it does something like 55k total heals. That's not bad considering all it really costs me is a global.

Deleted
    Same with me as Elemental DPS. I drop a Healing Rain on the raid in heavy AoE stacked up phases. Doesn't heal for loads (though still a fair amount tbh) but every little helps. If you dont need the mana, why keep it when you can save your healers some of theirs.

Deleted
    Honestly I even use HR for single target healing when nothing else is available. Even a few hundred healing is better than nothing. Like when kiting constructs on Nefarian I used it, or while tanking Riplimb etc.

Mostly in situations where I can spare the mana and the DPS of that GCD is 100% useless, you might as well press Holy Radiance. It's better than nothing right?

i always used it on chimaeron for example, at the feud thing ofc
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

Deleted
    It may be an ingrained habit from Holy but I mash it on cooldown (it's bound to S). My philosophy is every little helps, and because I usually have healed the encounter before I tank it, I know just how much of an easy ride/ hard time it can be.
    Something to add on Beth, it's useful on that little bit of AoE you may potential get while she's left alone up there.

If you get lucky and it's a bit quiet you can hit 8 wounded druids with one cast of Holy Radiance

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc you use it. I tend to couple it with AW to increase the healing it does and then use DP after my first SotR to both get a instant SotR and get some of the mana I drilled back.

Deleted
    always used with avenging wrath in feud phase in chimaeron fight

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually use it when it's off cd on fights where alot of healing is needed or i feel heals need a tiny heal to help.

i actually use it for sinestra whelps too.... the healing aggro helps to pick up adds coming from 4 different directions

10+ Year Old Account
    yup I use it quite a bit, all the times mention above really, and just any time that I have mana to spare and could use a little extra healing (I use it alot in Rhyo phase one, as I'm usually on Fragement Duty, so I stand in the ranged/healer clump)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Beth Phase 2
    Ryolith phase 2
    Alice ground phase
    Domo scorpion form
    I use it during all of these situations and more (when I remember to), it isn't a big heal, but it is better than nothing.