Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

World of Warcraft: Tides of Doom Expansion Speculation

Also check out this thread I made during cata beta:http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...elstrom-s-Size

Map:

High resolution link:http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/5153/xpac4.jpg

Legend:

Red lines: Horde Plot
    Dotted Red Lines: Horde Transport

Blue Lines: Alliance Plot
    Dotted Blue Lines: Alliance Transport

E
    vents of the Fourth War in Cataclysm:

Eastern Kingdom:

-Forsaken Victory in Gilneas. Forsaken Turns it into a Port.

-The Worgens Fled to Stormwind creating their own district.

-Stormwind decides to Fortify their Island of Balor to fend of Invaders from mainland of the Stormwind Kingdom.

Kalimdor:

-Goblins create powerful bombs and are trying to ship it to the Eastern Kingdoms

-Trade Prince Gallywix converts many other goblin Cartels into the Horde, Aszhara is now a booming horde frontier

- The Night Elves manage to reclaim Ashenvale. Cenarius who has come back to heal the forest has decided to join the Night Elves cause.

The Fourth War Part 2; Tides of Doom:
    High Resolution Map: http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/5153/xpac4.jpg

-Cenarius and Garrosh Hellscream has renewed the old conflict. Azshara and Ashenvale is now a major PvP zone.

-The Darkspear tribe has renewed it's conflict with Theramore. The Darkspear seeking to make Footholds in the islands of the Great Sea are rivaled by their old enemies in Theramore. A major Naval PvP zone is made in the Coast of Kalimdor.

-The Forsaken Claims Gilneas and are now ordered to Conquer Eastern Kingdoms for the Horde. Kul'Tiras Revived by Stormwind fends of the Forsaken and Horde invasion of the Kingdom of Stormwind. A major Naval PvP zone is made in the Coast of Eastern Kingdoms.

-The Alliance fortifies Menethil Harbor and the Thandol Span seeking to bolster it's forces agaisnt the Horde and to send a fleet through Lordaerons river and invade the Undercity. The Forsaken Decides to Fortify South Shore as a Naval Fort. A Major Naval PvP zone is made, towers and cannons are more involved in this conflict.

Plot of the Horde:

After much hard work the Goblins of the Horde has crafted weapons of mass destruction to bring about the end of the Alliance. Hellscream believes destroying Stormwidnd will sever the Head of the Alliance and ultimately lead to their victory.

With a new port in the Eastern Kingdom Garrosh is confident that they can storm through Stormwind and bring it to an explosive end.

(gif dont work, but you can save it and see if you'd like)

Plot of the Alliance:

After the defeat of the Alliance in Gilneas, the Alliance had reallized that their hold in Lordaeron had crumbled and decide to Fortify the Kingdom of Stormwind. The Alliance refortifies the island of Balor and the city of Bolarus in Kul'tiras. The Alliance in Khaz Modan bolster their forces in the Wetlands to prevent further loss of territory.

While on Kalimdor with the victory of the Night Elves in the Ashenvale, Varian believes that if the Alliance breaks through the Hordes defenses in Azshara, Cenarius can march in Orgrimmar and ultimately end Garrosh Hellscream and his Horde.

(gif dont work, but you can save it and see if you'd like)

"Both sides are in an eternal lock. If each side lose a single site of importance they would get overwhelmed and potentially lose"

Gameplay: "It's all Phased for 85+"

Villains:

Azshara - Azshara has already showed herself in Cataclysm. She had been leaked in Cataclysm Beta that she had gotten hold of an artifact to make the worlds sea levels rise. And no one else would be the villain when you are entering her domain(the great sea).

As you know Azshara had already been experimenting in Zangarmarsh, siphoning it's waters for her own purposes. She had already gain hold of Neptulons realm and presumably stole the Trident of Neptulon.

As her diabolical plans unfold. The Naga keep any body at bay, and let no one come close to her until her job is done.

Meryl FelStorm
    - Meryl Felstorm was a powerful mage and once a colluege of Aegwynn in the Council of Tirisfal. Recently he had been possed by the demon Kathra'Natir. He had wish to contain him, but the demon broke his will and posed himself on self exile.

Meryl will be possed completely and he would be the one to unleash the demons in the tomb of Saergeras.

Nzoth - He will swallow your face. The Baddest of Bad. The Strongest Azeroth has to offer.

Zone descriptions:

Tel'abim: Tropical Paradise
    Darkspear Island: The Darkside of the Voodoo
    Zandalar: Troll Disneyland
    Broken Isles: Dire Maul wet X2
    Kul'tiras: Shanty Trade Port
    Plunder Isle: Jack Sparrow
    Kezzan: Corporate Clean Up (like the mexican gulf, and a bit like dubai)
    Nazjatar: Atlantis
    Mak'ara: Zoidberg
    Drowned Reaches: Undead Pirates
    Grishan Caverns: The Great Reef Barrier

Possible Raids:

Nazjatar
    Zuldazar
    Tomb of Saergeras
    Chamber of Krasus
    Rift of Aln
    Bloodsail Hold
    Mak'aru raid
    Gishan Cavern raid
    The Rift .

I can Guarantee atleast one of this has to happen :P
    (not any more cause mop came out, bu then again they said they making more war stuff..)

Edit : There are also 4 Zones Underwater I forgot to put in the map(including with the 7 islands)

Nazjatar
    Mak'ara
    Drown Reaches
    Grishan Caverns

Sources:

Old Gods: http://www.wowpedia.org/Old_gods
    Meryl Felstorm:http://www.wowpedia.org/Meryl_Felstorm
    Goblin Conversion: http://www.wowpedia.org/Trade_Prince_Donais
    The Maelstrom - http://www.wowpedia.org/The_Maelstrom
    Balor - http://www.wowpedia.org/Balor
    Zul'Dare - http://www.wowpedia.org/Zul'Dare
    The South Seas - http://www.wowpedia.org/South_Seas

I'd keep expanding the idea, but with MoP this story is just a bit of a waste.
    Last edited by Sauredfangs; 2012-08-16 at 06:42 AM.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Ive seen alot of sea exp. ideas but i just dont feel them. ED and legion seem better.
    (Maybe they'll open up the entire sea for exploring tho?)

i like it. who would be the last raid boss though?

That's actually pretty interesting. I'd love to see the conflict between factions flare back up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Ive seen alot of sea exp. ideas but i just dont feel them. ED and legion seem better.
    (Maybe they'll open up the entire sea for exploring tho?)
    Emerald dream is almost impossible since they finished half the plot in a book which makes it an unexciting expansion

Legion is Far fetched still in 85 since you'll be going to the twisting nether

And there is already a massive plot Deathwing started with the Old gods and the Horde and Alliance started with the Fourth War. Id be damned if none of these finish just so we can leave for the Emerald Dream.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Dealer View Post
    Lets add in N'zoth shall we?

Comes outa nowhere

Azshara would be the final boss ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Death Dealer View Post
    Hmmm.... Nzoth. Azshara would be the main picture of the Expansion. But the secret bosses are the Old Gods.

Raids would be:

Tomb of Saergeras - Avatar of Saergeras(Revived by the Corrupted Meryl Felstorm)
    Makruka capital - Makruka King
    Sunken Depths - Neptulon
    Zuldazar - The King of the Trolls
    Nazjatar Spire(presuming she will have a castle) - Queen Azshara
    Trisfal Grove - Old God
    The Rift - Nzoth

Edit : There are also 4 Zones Underwater

Nazjatar
    Mak'ara
    Drown Reaches
    Grishan Caverns
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    Emerald dream is almost impossible since they finished half the plot in a book which makes it an unexciting expansion

Legion is Far fetched still in 85 since you'll be going to the twisting nether

And there is already a massive plot Deathwing started with the Old gods and the Horde and Alliance started with the Fourth War. Id be damned if none of these finish just so we can leave for the Emerald Dream.
    From what i heard the RPG books arn't relent to the game and are now considered seperate from the game. Also ED and its 5 or so unique zones could fill the 85 to 90 gap. As for the legion, their godlike leader is still alive so it could happen and a fourth war could be part of it given the whole h/a despute going on.
    (deathwing is also being corrupted by the old god in the nightmare so that could give make it even more possible.)
    Southseas feels more like a major patch to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. It has a compelling story line and some PvP to boot - The only thing is, what are the plans for those other islands, is there a central evil force or is this more of a PvP expansion?

Nevermind, I posted before you replied again on the PvE content.

queen Azshara and Z'noth would be final bosses

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    whats the big unnamed island between Darkspear Islands & Tel'Abim?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nooooooooo no water, no more under water zones... No no no no no! However i might be swayed if Naga where a playable race :P

From a lore perspective, sure, why not. from an in-game perspective, are you honest to go thinking that Blizzard would willing change, places like Ashenvale, Azshara, Dustwallow Marsh (since you named off Theramore), and potentially other territory changes? No, I don't think they would change a lv12-20 zone dedicated to more conflict. Having these new conflicts would result in revising half of the territories that they just changes.

Other than that flaw, it's a fine build up in the story, plus, the lore has it's own flaws, so it works with Blizzard just fine.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

10+ Year Old Account
    You've lost me at goblin nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Moonkin View Post
    I like it. It has a compelling story line and some PvP to boot - The only thing is, what are the plans for those other islands, is there a central evil force or is this more of a PvP expansion?

Nevermind, I posted before you replied again on the PvE content.
    Yes. The Council of Tirisfal are actually now active. Jaina is also coming with them leaving Theramore to make war. Azshara and the other Minions of the Old gods are making terrible plots in the Great sea.

Their Job is to Keep the Council of Tirisfal and their Allies from the Maelstrom and so they compete with them in the islands.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

Shade of Gul'dan for Tomb boss or gtfo

I like the central idea but there some things I disagree with like why the Worgen have fled Gilneas to Stormwind. They have already fled to Darnassus and made their temporary home there- why move to another city? I am not sure why people want the Worgen in Stormwind so much but changing where they live now after they've already made a temporary home makes them look like moochers.

Quote Originally Posted by IplayHorde View Post
    From a lore perspective, sure, why not. from an in-game perspective, are you honest to go thinking that Blizzard would willing change, places like Ashenvale, Azshara, Dustwallow Marsh (since you named off Theramore), and potentially other territory changes? No, I don't think they would change a lv12-20 zone dedicated to more conflict. Having these new conflicts would result in revising half of the territories that they just changes.

Other than that flaw, it's a fine build up in the story, plus, the lore has it's own flaws, so it works with Blizzard just fine.
    Yes I absolutely Believe Blizzard would. Thats if their not complete dumbasses to waste the "godlike" technology they invented called phasing.

I thought the main reason Blizzard made it so they can defeat the bounderies keeping them from making good things. Why let the small things get in the way of the bad things? I'm sure they can use their technologies like phasing and perhaps even newer ones to make a great expansion.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Nooooooooo no water, no more under water zones... No no no no no! However i might be swayed if Naga where a playable race :P
    There's nothing wrong with underwater =(

It was a very well designed concept in my opinion