Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'd say cowboy bebop personally, It's just so well written and animated love it

nice to see ergo proxy and haibane remnei mentioned, they are great too. Also loved lain, last exile, GTO, beck, and alot of movies.

barefoot gen, grave of the fireflies, akira, metropolis, wings of the homenese(sp?) all very powerful films.

Elfen Lied anyone?

yeah its been mentioned, and is awesome

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 02:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Saphirox View Post
    This is interesting and reminds me of something I've been wanting to do for a long while.
    When I was a kid, my sister and I was in Switzerland on a vacation, and one of those days we randomly turned on the tv and this anime movie just started. We sat down and was nailed to our seats for.. I think something like 3 or 4 hours. After the movie was over I felt like I'd been through another life. It was amazing and I still think about it from time to time but I have no clue at all what it was called.

In the movie you followed a guy from boyhood into becoming a man and while I cant remember the exact premise of the movie there are some details here and there that I still recall. It had something of a soul ship, and when someone died, their souls took on the form of a ghostly bird that slowly flew up to the ship. It had hovering speed racer bikes that perhaps was connected to agriculture in some form.

hmm... this was about... lets see.. 1987-89 I think, or something like that. Shit, now that I think about it I cant remember much more. I think the boy had to join a military of some sort, and came back in the end of the movie only to find the love of his life having just died, and he runs after the ghostly bird trying to make it stay with him before it flies of to the soul-ship.

Man, I wish I could find it again.. Anyway, this movie is by all accounts the best anime I've seen =)

i know this is a quote from like... 2 years ago, but I had this on VHS when I was a kid, and its really epic, and you just reminded me of it from so long ago.

its called space firebird

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/en...me.php?id=1790

I'm torn between Fullmetal Alchemist: brotherhood and death note. Both have amazing storylines that you don't think can get any better until the next episdoe which tops it and so on and so on.

---------- Post added 2011-07-28 at 04:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    FLCL

/thread
    lolno. i'd watch that on AS after FMA:brotherhood and all i could say is "wut".

Angel Beats and Star Driver hands down.
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Of All the time?

geez, it is a hard choice, since its a lot of good things that i never watched...

But of this year, even so i cant decide between Madoka Magica, Kaiji s2, Usagi Drops... and i haven´t seem anohana so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    You're missing the point here. And let mr try ssomething else as well.

1 they are not denying he has women living with him what they are trying to say however is that without them all wanting in his pants it's not harem and at mist two of em do that is NOT a harem.

2.Now by your logic Eva is a harem because Shinji masato and asuka all live with him and want in his pants at various points guess what Eva is closer to a true harem than EL is when ts think about it.

Oh and try Bokurano if you don't like that ones deconstruction of human personalities well then no hope. Aldo how do you feel about Rahxephon or fafner.But again harem implies all or over 50% of female characters(main ones at least) want in the main characters pants EL lacks this and even Eva has more of it than EZ foes. Oh and i am no Eva fan seen it twice and didn't like it loved EL though.
    Okay, it's not a harem. Fine. That still doesn't make it good. EL is lolis and gore. Bleak characters with unbelievable motivations for what they do. Everyone but Lucy has as much personality as a piece of wet cardboard, and Lucy isn't much better.

Anyways after being offtopic, the anime closest to being "best" in my eyes would be mushishi, or spice and wolf.
    Last edited by Rakatashi; 2011-07-28 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    Okay, it's not a harem. Fine. That still doesn't make it good. EL is lolis and gore. Bleak characters with unbelievable motivations for what they do. Everyone but Lucy has as much personality as a piece of wet cardboard, and Lucy isn't much better.
    I'd say Nana had a good amount of personality, and Lucy gets a huge amount in what got left out of the anime due to it not covering the manga stuff.

Also speaking of Nana, most psychotically mean spirited web comic ever: http://manga.clone-army.org/nana.php

In my opinion, any of these...
    Elfen Lied
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
    Escaflowe
    Cowboy Bebop
    Neon Genesis Evangelion, oh and
    DBZ, for Nostalgic reasons :P
    Last edited by Matomi; 2011-08-09 at 02:44 AM. Reason: forgot something

Quote Originally Posted by Matomi View Post
    Any of these...
    Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
    DBZ, for Nostalgic reasons :P
    Heh, I used to think Gundam Wing was super deep and intelligent when I was a kid, and I thought DBZ was the greatest thing ever. Now all I see when I watch those two is nonstop talk about pacifism (Gundam Wing) and people standing around screaming for 5 hours (DBZ).

Dragon Ball Z was my first anime I ever watched and I finished it when I was a kid. But now I have gotten into a bunch of stuff. Bleach is my main one, but I also like Deadman wonderland, Berzerk, FMA: Brotherhood, Hellsing, and Gantz are all very good ones. Im looking for a new one to get into which is why I came to this post. I was gonna check out Naruto but I cant stand the look of the main character. Also please renew Deadman Wonderland for a second season .

Quote Originally Posted by ababmer View Post
    Sorry but if you have anything above a small interest in a spare few talented anime's then you're lacking something else in your life.
    Most animes that you're all mentioning are just pseudo artistic pieces of shit with too many wrong erotic undertones.
    All forms of entertainment have erotic undertones. If you think otherwise then there is something vastly wrong with you.

As to best anime? I honestly can't name a single series. One I recently came across was Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne that got my attention and had me hooked for its rather short series. It just surprised me how it treated some of the characters, as I didn't expect certain parts to turn out as they did. I'd vote for Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, or some of the older series. (japanese versions when applicable as they weren't edited and butchered)
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. The shows good as well but the movie is unsurpassed.

K-ON!!
    Though K-ON is up there for me, a lot of people don't like it.. and I don't want to start a flame war.. so I'll pick something else.
    Eden of the East is one of the best I've ever seen.

Sorry to get a bit off-track, but could someone tell me the name of this anime?

It looks nice, and i hope it isn't just some random art!

Quote Originally Posted by Akhorahil View Post
    Sorry to get a bit off-track, but could someone tell me the name of this anime?

It looks nice, and i hope it isn't just some random art!
    Could also be for a game, I couldn't tell you, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I will never understand people's need to tell someone that they should not enjoy something.
    Did they never tell you? You're not supposed to have fun! :P

You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Did they never tell you? You're not supposed to have fun! :P
    Well I in general agree that everyone has they're own tastes there are occasionally mind mindbogglingly bad shows that deserve to be hated by all.

Atm gintama is definatly my favourite For anyone who wants to start watching gintama: Give it a couple of episodes, the first ones aren't the best.

Best Anime series of all time are:

1) Cowboy Bebop
    2) Berserk
    3) Azumanga Daioh
    4) Great Teacher Onizuka
    5) Escaflowne