Computer battery not charging...

My computer battery stops charging at 90%.... I tried reinstalling the battery display software thing, but its still the same. Any suggestions? or is my battery just screwed up and need to get a new one?

Could be the battery is getting old and failing. How long it's been in use, and how much you've used the laptop on battery power?

There are various tricks to save battery life if it's not used actively, but those are probably too late at this point.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Try scrubbing it down in a nice long bubble bath. While it is in the bathtub, charge it with a plugged in toaster. Or... perhaps your battery is not charging past 90% because the laptop is actively using battery power while charging. Try turning the laptop completely off overnight while letting the battery charge up, turn it on, and see if it says 100%. The battery might also just be old. Batteries are a lot like cheap magnets. They loose their charge over time and through usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Marksman79 View Post
    Try scrubbing it down in a nice long bubble bath. While it is in the bathtub, charge it with a plugged in toaster.
    Trying to kill someone?

OT: The reading could be messed up, but the best thing to do would be to get a new battery.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Your computer runs off a battery?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spongy View Post
    Your computer runs off a battery?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?
    Lol, guess is it's a laptop, and PC or Personal Computer is actually far more applicable to laptops than desktop towers which far more regularly than laptops are shared.

Anyway, I wouldn't bother rushing to get a new battery just yet, 90% is still plenty of life. So sure order one if you want, but don't rush for it, you can quite likely get a relatively cheap one if you aren't in a hurry.

And i'm assuming you mean that Windows is reporting 90% all the time, regardless of how long you leave it on charge and unused for?

So long as you get a decent battery life duration out of the 90%, and it isn't getting really hot when operating you don'T need to worry about getting a new battery.