10+ Year Old Account

Prot Paladin PvP Questions.

PvE has sort of died off for me, so I'm going to finally conquer the dreaded WSG rep farm, but a lot has changed since I last PvP'd, and things just sort of suck now, but I'm probably doing something wrong.

Here's my armory link w/ the gear I'm in. I'm farming honor to replace my PvE gear, and then replace the lesser PvP pieces.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/perenolde/daphnes/simple

How should I gem for PvP? I'd think I'd go resil as much as I can, but hit is an issue, and should I worry about mastery since I am going as pvp prot?

I'm siding with the crit gear over haste. Going by 3 stacks of holy power with a sacred duty proc for my shield of righteous. I see larger numbers now, than I do in PvE gear, but it is the right path?

If there is a link to a really good, and successful prot paladin who is gemmed and geared the best way to do say like, WSG flag carring, as well as RBGs, I'd be more than grateful to go off of this. But doing WSG today, wasn't as fun as it used to be. Back in WotLK, I used to be deadly, in my (mostly) PvE gear, and using Thunderfury, but now. lol. I can't afford to play around like I used to. : (

Taugrimm has a great, but slightly outdated guide to fill you in on most general prot pvp concepts.

Resilience is obviously very important if you are going to be carrying flags as well as stacking stamina... In rated bgs, to do it well it is required, in randoms or arena, gemming strength gives you a lot more punch with a lot of abilities.

As far as which secondary stats you want on your gear, get yourself expertise and hit capped first. The high level of misses you can accumulate over a fight can really effect holy power generation, which will limit your damage as well as healing potential... I find personally (I gem str and passively carry the flag when I need to) Using seal of insight (w/ glyph) and having it as your main seal (not using truth with glyph) gives you a lot more staying power against most opponents, which is generally how you win fights, by outlasting them. WoG on CD and proper timing of mitigation abilities is huge... I usually stack dispellable cooldowns to get the most out of them and GoAK when i really need it.

With my set up, i win lots of duels against most classes you would usually lose against, (mages, hunters) though not always. Arms Warriors seem to be the biggest challenge for me for whatever reason.. you'd think melee would be easier, but not always.

Mastery is a junk stat imo, way too situational depending on who you are fighting, and haste is just as useless. So after hit/exp are capped, crit seems to be the strongest choice although your main damage comes from SoTR which you should only be using on auto-crit anyways so the improvement through crit isn't major...

Seal and Aura choices seem to be the biggest helping factor from fight to fight, using Truth or Insight can make a big difference as well as any given aura, though in randoms a lot of the time i end up with Crusader up from going to flag to flag defending unless i am the FC then i usually put up devo.

Hope this helps, i will check back in case you have any questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the input. Sorry for the late delay. Dealing with trying to sell a house. I'm reforging to hit, until I reach cap for lvl 85s, gemming yellow for resil, blue for resil/stam, and red will be str/resil. I just gotta farm the honor via wsg, TB, or justice points, and I'll have a pretty decent PvP set.

Deleted
    it would probably be worth you picking up 2 piece t12 for the extra sheild damadge as the drop in resi from 2 pieces is made up by your passive 10% damg reduction from talents.