2handed frost or dual wield?

I have been playing a 2 handed frost dk spec for months now and I have been more than content with it. With the nerf to 2h and the bug fix for dw, is the dmg difference that substantial? I honestly prefer 2h but if its a significant difference between the two specs, Ill switch for the sake of my raid grp. Thoughts?

well i had the same prob... but ive always played DW but after speaking to a few dks they have said that DW is better..... cant give anything more than what ive been old
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Current sims and reports support that, as do what's considered to be basic gameplay mechanics.

Plus it's much easier to get a shiny new 1h weapon than an equivalent 2h weapon: FL trash drop, and there's more competition for the 2h's (TG fury / arms warriors, ret pallies, Blood/Unholy/2h Frost DK's).

Do a search please, i think there's around 50 threads on this exact subject i this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Azimon View Post
    Do a search please, i think there's around 50 threads on this exact subject i this forum
    .... Dont just go into people threads and post this. Its obnoxious and frankly uneeded.

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 06:49 AM ----------

Just to clarify, Im not asking what I already know; that dw will beat 2h frost. I want to to know if its substantial enough to where I want to go dw permanently.
    Last edited by antigravitydogs; 2011-07-09 at 01:54 PM.

Everything I read says DW > 2H, but look at the below links. Some of the best DK's out there. They are 2H. Anyone know why they are going that route?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Razielz/simple

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...synti/advanced

From what I've read, like Kadena said, it's DW>2H, but that's through simulation.

In reality, you're not going to see that much of a difference.

I prefer DW, just because I like the style better. It's honestly up to you, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntatoes View Post
    I told my friend I was going to McDonalds, but I actually went to Burger King. Kind of rude, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Bring her some ribbon candy and worthers original. Old Bitches love ribbon candy and worthers original.

Dw does more dps than 2h, but im staying 2h because I want to use sulfuras. I also have an unholy spec so its a lot easier to switch specs and not have to reforge from 2h to dw back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadena View Post
    Everything I read says DW > 2H, but look at the below links. Some of the best DK's out there. They are 2H. Anyone know why they are going that route?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Razielz/simple

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...synti/advanced
    The only reason they're using 2h is because those weapons are much better than the other weapons available at that time (They may already have a 1 hander waiting in their bags to pair with another similar ilvl weapon). In a few weeks you'll see with with 2x 391 1h weapons or the heroic Sulfuras.
    New and shiny compppppp!

I 2H because I also PVP in addition to tanking. It simpler to throw on PVP gear and not have to respec to DW when going from dps to pvp.

Deleted
    To be fair, they are both about equal. Even with the nerf, 2h Frost is still competitive, and it may just, by a few dps beat out DW Frost in full BiS gear.

Ultimately, go with what you like the most, the biggest difference you will see is about 300-500 dps at top gear levels, probably less if you have Sulfuras